Need opinions about Pit Bulls

aussiew

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think twice about it. My friend got a pit bull from a shelter, ended up breaking his chain, attacking a neighbor's dog & he had to pay for the medical bill. They ended up putting it down.

If your heart is set on a pit bull, I would probably fork over the money & get it as a pup. That way you know the dog has no baggage. One more thing, not to offend Pit Bull lover's, I really do not understand why anybody would want one of these dogs. You could give them all the love you want, but they are aggressive by nature & do not get along well with other dogs. It only takes one time that the dog snaps. They are so strong that once they lock down their jaws, you are not getting them open. Plus their ugly.

Get a golden retriever or a lab. You will be much better off.

I would think twice about it. My friend got a pit bull from a shelter, ended up breaking his chain, attacking a neighbor's dog & he had to pay for the medical bill. They ended up putting it down.

If your heart is set on a pit bull, I would probably fork over the money & get it as a pup. That way you know the dog has no baggage. One more thing, not to offend Pit Bull lover's, I really do not understand why anybody would want one of these dogs. You could give them all the love you want, but they are aggressive by nature & do not get along well with other dogs. It only takes one time that the dog snaps. They are so strong that once they lock down their jaws, you are not getting them open. Plus their ugly.

Get a golden retriever or a lab. You will be much better off.

:lol:

I found that incredibly funny for some unknown reason. It's not the aggressive nature that would bother me, it's the stigma and the BS I'd have to deal with whenever anyone found out what kind of dog I own. Just not worth the trouble.

:lol:

I found that incredibly funny for some unknown reason. It's not the aggressive nature that would bother me, it's the stigma and the BS I'd have to deal with whenever anyone found out what kind of dog I own. Just not worth the trouble.

I was trying to be kinda funny there.

I agree. There are so many other breeds that do not come with the headaches/worries, I really do not understand why anybody would want to own a Pit Bull.

I was trying to be kinda funny there.

I agree. There are so many other breeds that do not come with the headaches/worries, I really do not understand why anybody would want to own a Pit Bull.

Because as "Americans" they think that nobody can tell them what to do. ??

:wallbash::worthy:

People are phucking strange... And self-centered

And we're staring at the world

From our own little idaho

Because as "Americans" they think that nobody can tell them what to do. ??

:wallbash::worthy:

People are phucking strange... And self-centered

I do not care if she gets a Pit Bull or not. I live in WNY, she lives in Dallas. I just know, just from my own perspective that with my 4 year old riding his bike & playing in the front yard, I would not feel comfortable if one of my neighbors had a Pit Bull. I am glad noone does..

I do not care if she gets a Pit Bull or not. I live in WNY, she lives in Dallas. I just know, just from my own perspective that with my 4 year old riding his bike & playing in the front yard, I would not feel comfortable if one of my neighbors had a Pit Bull. I am glad noone does..

I agree!

If somebody wants one... Go live on a farm, not in a subdivison.

People just don't think or care about others.

I agree!

If somebody wants one... Go live on a farm, not in a subdivison.

People just don't think or care about others.

I have a very large yard with security gates and an 8' board on board privacy fence.

And just for the record, no matter what the breed, I would never take any dog out walking without a secure leash. I got bitten once by a little Shitzu.

I'm starting to think that Pit Bulls and Staffordshire Terriers must be rare in WNY. We see a lot of them as family pets down here.

I have a very large yard with security gates and an 8' board on board privacy fence.

And just for the record, no matter what the breed, I would never take any dog out walking without a secure leash. I got bitten once by a little Shitzu.

I'm starting to think that Pit Bulls and Staffordshire Terriers must be rare in WNY. We see a lot of them as family pets down here.

I think there more popular down there because don't hunters uses them to chase down & trap wild boars?

True, Aussie... You are a very responsible owner... Unfortunately, the bad apples spoil it for the good ones. :ph34r:

Look at the boy in kindergarten that was mauled to death walking home and out playing... Somehow the dog got out... And I think that was in rural area.

Just sad.

One can't control a million different viewpoints and habits... But, one can control a breed.

I look at it from a practical POV and how can safety be easily accomplished. Just not worth the hassle.

Love the inaccurate stereotypes in this thread.

Check out the American Breed Temperament Test.

Does that help the 6-7 year that just got mauled to death this past summer? Why don't we just introduce cougars to the forest preserves here to control the white tail population. :ph34r::ph34r:

Again... It starts with responsibility and the irresponsible ones will wreck it for the responsible one's... Unless you have a plan to get the irresponsible people on board and squared away...

I am not talking isolated incidents... I wonder what the actual death rate is vs. other breeds actually is?... If you can convince me it is on par with other breeds, then I may rethink my position.