"Chiefs to Keep Gonzalez"

afl0226

""No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode. "

Yahoo Sports

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. No biggie. If this is true, we can put that everlong TG thread behind us. :angry:

I hate Yahoo Sports....but it says they want a 3rd. Seriously? Pull the trigger.

Typical Peterson. This won't end well for him. He's going to lose his job, probably at the end of this season, when ownership realizes all he's produced is an uncompetitive team without a QB, and that he left good deals on the table that would have improved the franchise because of his gigantic ego.

Typical Peterson. This won't end well for him. He's going to lose his job, probably at the end of this season, when ownership realizes all he's produced is an uncompetitive team without a QB, and that he left good deals on the table that would have improved the franchise because of his gigantic ego.

i think this is more about gonzo and less about peterson.........certainly looks to me like he wanted to go to NYC and didn't have any interest in playing for the bills or anyone else

i think this is more about gonzo and less about peterson.........certainly looks to me like he wanted to go to NYC and didn't have any interest in playing for the bills or anyone else

If that's the case, even more shame on Peterson - Gonzo doesn't have a no-trade clause. Who cares what he wants. The Chiefs had an opportunity to improve their franchise.

I'm not going to believe anything of this sort until after 4 o'clock. Plus, consider the source, if this was rock solid I doubt Yahoo Sports would be the first to break it.

Jason Cole wrote the article. He is a reputable sports writer. With that said, I guess anything can happen.

If that's the case, even more shame on Peterson - Gonzo doesn't have a no-trade clause. Who cares what he wants. The Chiefs had an opportunity to improve their franchise.

haha - you serious? they were shopping him around as a FAVOR to a player who has shown them a lot of commitment the last decade.......they weren't going to send him somewhere he had no interest in playing..........slapping a star player in the face would hurt peterson a lot more then passing on a trade because the one team that gonzo wants to go to won't give them something decent for him

GM's aren't in the business of tipping their hand, so that type of quote COULD mean very little. Who knows.

He didn't get quoted as saying "no comment". He said there is absolutely no deal. Thats not tipping his hand...that's definitive..

As great as it would be for our team to have landed gonzalez. We're back to changing nothing. Still need a threat at te as we have none. Still need pass rushers as we still only have 1 and he's injured. Still need a center. Maybe a guard, defensive tackles, and an olb. For a team who's close but not quite there yet. Someone like gonzo would've helped put a major band aid on one of those wounds, and given us a legit threat to take pressure off evans for a change. While Hardy adapts to playing wideout in the pros.

haha - you serious? they were shopping him around as a FAVOR to a player who has shown them a lot of commitment the last decade.......they weren't going to send him somewhere he had no interest in playing..........slapping a star player in the face would hurt peterson a lot more then passing on a trade because the one team that gonzo wants to go to won't give them something decent for him

Um, I am serious. The Chiefs are rebuilding, it's obvious. Gonzalez isn't gonna help them win a championship - that ship has sailed. And what kind of "favor" is it if he's only "allowing" them to shop to one team? They would save face by citing the public comments by Gonzo that he wanted out.