When will this country wake up?

We have been going down the toilet for the last 25-30 years with both repubs and Democrates in the office and in congress. What exactley has that gotten us? Why do we keep supporting these crooks? What has happened to this great country of ours? Is anyone else (besides AD) outraged by the games BOTH parties are playing with this country at stake?

I mean they can't even pass a 700 billion dollar bill they say will save this economy without throwing over a 100 billion dollars in pork in it! Why aren't we outraged. Why are we falling for the games these parties are playing. Why would anyone blindly follow either party?

WAKE UP!

They will destroy this country if we let them continue playing there games. If you love this country, please, think about what they are doing to all of us. Think of the future they are leaving our children and grandchildren. If we continue to let them destroy this country, the blood will be on OUR hands.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been going down the toilet for the last 25-30 years with both repubs and Democrates in the office and in congress. What exactley has that gotten us? Why do we keep supporting these crooks? What has happened to this great country of ours? Is anyone else (besides AD) outraged by the games BOTH parties are playing with this country at stake?

I mean they can't even pass a 700 billion dollar bill they say will save this economy without throwing over a 100 billion dollars in pork in it! Why aren't we outraged. Why are we falling for the games these parties are playing. Why would anyone blindly follow either party?

WAKE UP!

They will destroy this country if we let them continue playing there games. If you love this country, please, think about what they are doing to all of us. Think of the future they are leaving our children and grandchildren. If we continue to let them destroy this country, the blood will be on OUR hands.

So things were "good" 25-30 years ago? You mean Watergate? Were they the good old days?

Please name a time in the history of the US or any other nation you would point to as "better."

What is your solution?

So things were "good" 25-30 years ago? You mean Watergate? Were they the good old days?

Please name a time in the history of the US or any other nation you would point to as "better."

What is your solution?

I don't have a solution. All I know is that I am tired of the BS they have been feeding us. There has to be a better way, or we are doomed. I may have pie in the sky dreams. I may wish for a better way of life for my children. All I know for sure is, we are heading down the wrong path with these two parties leading the way.

What is your solution?

When has it not been better? Excluding the great depresion, when has it not been better. This is the crappiest times it has been since then. And both sides want to keep feeding us a turd sandwich. Enough is enough!

I don't have a solution. All I know is that I am tired of the BS they have been feeding us. There has to be a better way, or we are doomed. I may have pie in the sky dreams. I may wish for a better way of life for my children. All I know for sure is, we are heading down the wrong path with these two parties leading the way.

Seriously, which party, third or otherwise, is closer to the way you think things should be?

We've been on this same path for 225+ years and I think we've made some pretty good progress. Yes, I understand the Roman analogies but someone needs to be a bit more specific on drawing those similarities and what we should do about it.

Seriously, which party, third or otherwise, is closer to the way you think things should be?

We've been on this same path for 225+ years and I think we've made some pretty good progress. Yes, I understand the Roman analogies but someone needs to be a bit more specific on drawing those similarities and what we should do about it.

The first thing we should do is cut 3/4 of the gov't. Put high tariffs on any American country that takes manufacturing jobs overseas and then in return, wants to sell those same products in this country. Eliminate taxes on business that has more than a 100 employees. Like that old saying goes, I never got a job from a poor person.

Stop being the police and financial blanket for the rest of the world. Get rid of lobbyiest. Get rid of earmarks. Make all political positions limmited to 2 term limits. Make there voting record availible to everyone. Most of all, make them accountable for there actions!

Those are just a few things that should be done. There are alot of people smarter than me who can make this country great again.We need to remind the gov't, they are held accountable to us. Not some free spending corporations.

When has it not been better? Excluding the great depresion, when has it not been better. This is the crappiest times it has been since then. And both sides want to keep feeding us a turd sandwich. Enough is enough!

You lost us there. Take a look at history. Believe it or not, this is the best it's ever been. Please tell us why it was so much "better" before? This should be interesting.

You lost us there. Take a look at history. Believe it or not, this is the best it's ever been. Please tell us why it was so much "better" before? This should be interesting.

I agree. I was ready to say the same thing. Of course things can be better.

I see things as moving backward to a time when we were worse off... I think that is what westside is seeing.

Over the years they have closed up all the loop holes in the two party system . You say you dont have a solution but you know there is one , unfortunately it might cost you your life as well as many others. In this day and age its almost hard to believe tht something like the Civil War was real and not a fantasy. This will not happen as society has been wimpified

Over the years they have closed up all the loop holes in the two party system . You say you dont have a solution but you know there is one , unfortunately it might cost you your life as well as many others. In this day and age its almost hard to believe tht something like the Civil War was real and not a fantasy. This will not happen as society has been wimpified

Start phucking with the economy and the ability for people to work and make money in peace and the lazy fat asses will surely come off the couch.

Having it good or just above good keeps people "wimpified." You don't think politicans know this? Of course they do.

So, your solution is armed revolt against the United States? Doesn't that make you a terrorist? I'm calling Cheney.

So, your solution is armed revolt against the United States? Doesn't that make you a terrorist? I'm calling Cheney.

See at no time did I say armed or revolt I just alluded to it. So I guess you have a solution so please reveal it . .Strange back in the days of Geo Washington they did not call them terrorists they called them patriots. I now I have to go back to the bunker with Cheney :thumbsup: There is an active duty BCT ready to take on this situation in violation of law , so I guess its ok with you if the Govt violates the law

I did my part today. I mailed my absentee ballot. I didn't vote for Obama, and I didn't vote for McCain either. Same with Congress. I actaully have a decent Congresscritter in Darryl Issa, but fug him...I voted Libertarian. He'll most likely get re-elected anyway, but this was a protest vote.

And I actually agree with EII-people will get off their arses when they either can't afford to buy their Hotpockets or the store can't get them. Better be ready, I am...better safe than sorry I always say.

This is a tough question, and one that you won't get a great response to, as it isn't a simple answer.

The biggest thing that scares me is we are losing our historical skepticism of government. Both sides want to increase the role of government in our lives; one in the name of foreign policy, one in the name of the domestic policy.

On the other hand, we are also losing our sense of balance. There definitely are things that we, as citizens, rely on our government for. We need them to provide infrastructure for the country, and ensure that the free markets are fair markets.

In more concrete terms, this has been reflected by the expanding powers of the office holders, the reduction of freedom and liberty in society, the national debt, and the insane Wilsonian notion of forcing democracy onto other countries.

This is a tough question, and one that you won't get a great response to, as it isn't a simple answer.

The biggest thing that scares me is we are losing our historical skepticism of government. Both sides want to increase the role of government in our lives; one in the name of foreign policy, one in the name of the domestic policy.

On the other hand, we are also losing our sense of balance. There definitely are things that we, as citizens, rely on our government for. We need them to provide infrastructure for the country, and ensure that the free markets are fair markets.

In more concrete terms, this has been reflected by the expanding powers of the office holders, the reduction of freedom and liberty in society, the national debt, and the insane Wilsonian notion of forcing democracy onto other countries.

the reduction of freedom and liberty in society...

What can't you do that truly doesn't harm others? We are a society that is more and more innvolved with others than any other time in our history, no?