REMINDER: UB plays this weekend

Just a reminder for all Buffalo area football fans. The UB Bulls play Western Michigan this saturday. Instead of moping because there's no Bills game, why not check out the local collge team and get some tailgating in? Tickets are cheap and parking is free. Mind you, it's college so there's no beer in the stadium, and even though they allow tailgating on campus, don't expect any Pinto Ron-style affairs. Ticket info in my sig below. And if you can't make it to the game, it will be shown live and tape delay on TWC13.

PTR

who wouldn't! d-1 football in our backyard. they sent two players to nfl last year? how many did syracuse draft to the nfl?

Speaking of which, what's Willy's status, could he crack the roster of an NFL team? I know he was nominated for the Unitas award, and I think I read about him on some scouting report a while back.

Speaking of which, what's Willy's status, could he crack the roster of an NFL team? I know he was nominated for the Unitas award, and I think I read about him on some scouting report a while back.

Willy has been having a strong season so far. He was even listed (way down) on a list of Heisman hopefuls. As far as his pro prospects go, he's coached by an ex-NFL QB coach in Turner Gill. The MAC has a history of putting QBs in the NFL. (Rothlesburger, Pennington, Leftwich) I think he could go late or get an UDFA invite to a camp. He's certainly showed to be steady and accurate.

PTR

Anyone wanting to see an up-and-coming D1 program with the hottest head coaching prospect in college football. I would ask that question about anyone going to an SU game.

PTR

Hottest Head Coaching Prospect in D-1 huh? Ummmm, yeah ok. How about Brady Hoke of Ball State? When he got there the program had the longest D-1 losing streak in the nation.

In his fourth year, they lost to Rutgers in a bowl game. In his fifth year, they are ranked 25th, might crash the BCS, and possibly have three first day draft picks on his roster. Probably four if Dante Love wouldn't have fractured his spine.

I mean, jeez, enough with the 100% Turner Gill ballwashing already. How about Central Michigan's coach? There are endless coaches in the MAC everytime one of it's teams gets hot for a few years. Gill isn't even the hottest MAC coach.

Didn't Nebraska bring him in for an interview last year? that makes him a hot coaching prospect. also--read every post season and preseason publication they all say he is.

They do huh? Brady Hoke was considered for the Michigan job too. So, what has Gill done that Hoke hasn't dwarfed so far at UB? And remember, Ball State was the worst program in the country. The worst, just a few years ago.

This includes laying the wood to UB in last years contest. Total flogging.

They do huh? Brady Hoke was considered for the Michigan job too. So, what has Gill done that Hoke hasn't dwarfed so far at UB? And remember, Ball State was the worst program in the country. The worst, just a few years ago.

This includes laying the wood to UB in last years contest. Total flogging.

Ball State is legit. My guess is they are not going to have the resume to crack the bcs party but should run the table & probably be ranked in the mid teens by the end of the year. Their QB is fantastic.

Ball State is legit. My guess is they are not going to have the resume to crack the bcs party but should run the table & probably be ranked in the mid teens by the end of the year. Their QB is fantastic.

No question there are many great MAC teams this year. I was just making the point that Gill is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

PTR

No question there are many great MAC teams this year. I was just making the point that Gill is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

PTR

I hear you PTR. I was kinda joking. I root for the MAC as a whole when they play outta conference. It's just a shame that Dante Love, for BSU, was hurt when they are having what may be a "great" season.

Of course, one loss at Central and BSU is doomed.

Apologies to all who went to the UB/WMU game and saw UB blow a 14-point lead with 5 minutes to go, and lose in OT 34-28. 2 weeks ago they clanked a game-winning FG of the upright against CMU. 2-4 now, should be 4-2. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. :)

PTR