The official McCain/Obama debate thread II

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long into the "Town Hall" debate does the name Ayers come up?

I'm saying the 17 minute mark.

Only if a shill in the audience brings it up IMO. So I have 25 minutes. Obama's team being younger and quicker will have their shill chime in about Neo Nazis and such at the 17 minute mark making McCains shill fall flat.

I think I'm going to add the words "7 years" and "Change" to the list, too. Hope i don't end up dead.

"Change" will put your BAC over 1% :ph34r:

How about replacing it with "Community Organizer", and make it a double if Obama comes on stage with his sleeves rolled up

Fox News just declared McCain the winner of the debate & MSNBC just declared Obama the winner of the debate. Fox group of independent voters says McCain won, CNN's group of independent voters say Obama won. No need to watch the post debate coverage on any of these channels.

Fox News just declared McCain the winner of the debate & MSNBC just declared Obama the winner of the debate. Fox group of independent voters says McCain won, CNN's group of independent voters say Obama won. No need to watch the post debate coverage on any of these channels.

Meanwhile CNN's magic screen begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time.

In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

She was being a maverick

:worthy:

Answering the questions isn't in the rules. :ph34r:

Brokow keeps complaining about the time, but WTF....why do they only have 2 minutes (or 1 for rebuttal) to answer questions on highly complex issues??? Just enough time to get the sound bite in, but not enough to really.....*DING*....hot pocket is ready.

And I must just be getting old, but didn't 'debate' at one time mean the two parties actually engaged in an exchange back and forth, their responses made to the other party and in direct response to what the other party just said? There isn't even a reason for these guys to be on the stage together.

p.s. health care is a "right"? This guy is a nut case. Life, liberty, health care paid for by for fellow citizens at gunpoint, and the pursuit of happiness. Yeah....that's brilliant.

p.s. health care is a "right"? This guy is a nut case. Life, liberty, health care paid for by for fellow citizens at gunpoint, and the pursuit of happiness. Yeah....that's brilliant.

Yup, he's nuts and so are the vast majority of Americans who agree. I guess I'm nuts for thinking children have a right to health care.

Yup, he's nuts and so are the vast majority of Americans who agree. I guess I'm nuts for thinking children have a right to health care.

Gee, you mean really stupid people support the misconception that they are going to get "free" healthcare (and just like my Senator gets!!). What a shock.

:ph34r:

So, what's next? Do you also have a "right" to auto and homeowner insurance? Next I suppose you'll want a "right" to a college education. How about the "right" to a condo in Florida for retirement?

Don't worry, money grows on trees. All the government promises that idiots like you lap up has nothing whatsoever to do with our current economic problems.

Gee, you mean really stupid people support the misconception that they are going to get "free" healthcare (and just like my Senator gets!!). What a shock.

:ph34r:

So, what's next? Do you also have a "right" to auto and homeowner insurance? Next I suppose you'll want a "right" to a college education. How about the "right" to a condo in Florida for retirement?

Don't worry, money grows on trees. All the government promises that idiots like you lap up has nothing whatsoever to do with our current economic problems.

I simply said I think children have a right to healthcare. Yeah, that measures up to your straw men. If you don't think that healthy children are important to the economy then that's your problem.

I simply said I think children have a right to healthcare. Yeah, that measures up to your straw men. If you don't think that healthy children are important to the economy then that's your problem.

Backing off already? I simply attacked the Messiah's absurd assertion that healthcare (for everybody) is a "right". You indicated that you agreed with him. Is that not the case?

No one is auguring that healthy people are economically and socially beneficial to society. But the way to achieve that is not to create another layer of unsustainable government bureaucracy.

Backing off already? I simply attacked the Messiah's absurd assertion that healthcare (for everybody) is a "right". You indicated that you agreed with him. Is that not the case?

No one is auguring that healthy people are economically and socially beneficial to society. But the way to achieve that is not to create another layer of unsustainable government bureaucracy.

Backing off? Uh, no. I agree with him and no one is saying we do it simply by creating "another layer of unsustainable government bureaucracy." The goal is healthy kids and citizens and we need to find a way to make that happen as if healthcare is a basic "right." What part of that don't you agree with?

Backing off? Uh, no. I agree with him and no one is saying we do it simply by creating "another layer of unsustainable government bureaucracy." The goal is healthy kids and citizens and we need to find a way to make that happen as if healthcare is a basic "right." What part of that don't you agree with?

You're talking like we live in a third world country and kids are dying on the streets.