garcia

JimmyPage

Should the Bills have signed Jeff Garcia in the offseason?

He was a free agent if I recall correctly.

An experienced QB would be exactly what the Bills need with Edwards injured.

Just my opinion.

Welcome to the board jimmy!

Ok we lost one game. JP wasnt spectatcuar but he playe pretty well until the games was out of reach anyway. If he has to start a few games maybe we can have this discussion but after one game that the way D played it wouldnt hve mattered who was playing QB, im not really all that worried about our backup qb situation

He was & is under contract to the Bucs - the 2nd year of a 2 year deal.

Oh ok, I think he'd be a perfect fit for Buffalo.

He goes from team to team and never has a problem picking up systems.

He really doesn't seem to need much time to function well with new teams.

Welcome to the board jimmy!

Ok we lost one game. JP wasnt spectatcuar but he playe pretty well until the games was out of reach anyway. If he has to start a few games maybe we can have this discussion but after one game that the way D played it wouldnt hve mattered who was playing QB, im not really all that worried about our backup qb situation

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know, everyone was putting up points against Arizona.

The Jets scored, I think it was 31 in a quarter against them.

If this game was against a top defense I'd look at it differently.

With the receivers Buffalo has I think Garcia puts up 30+ against Arizona.

He may agree to come to Buffalo next year if the Money is right. He signed with the Eagles to back up before he signed with the Bucs.

Really? A perfect fit?? Uh, no. He bitched and moaned when Gruden traded for Griese in the off-season. Afraid of a little competition, Jeff? He doesn't think he should be the backup QB. Sorry, but he's NOT who I'd want behind a young Edwards.

Really? A perfect fit?? Uh, no. He bitched and moaned when Gruden traded for Griese in the off-season. Afraid of a little competition, Jeff? He doesn't think he should be the backup QB. Sorry, but he's NOT who I'd want behind a young Edwards.

It wasn't about Griese, it was about Favre. Garcia wanted an extension on his contract (along with the guaranteed $$ that comes with that) The Bucs refused to extend his contract because they were hoping to land Favre.

Yeah but so what, how many times has Losman pointed the finger at coordinators?

I don't see Garcia as some sort of distraction that can't be dealt with.

I want a backup like Garcia who I know can put points up.

What good is any QB who might be less of a complainer if he can't do the job?

If not Garcia they should have found some other vet.

You do realize that this season could go from good to bust if Edwards is out long-term?

Yeah but so what, how many times has Losman pointed the finger at coordinators?

I don't see Garcia as some sort of distraction that can't be dealt with.

I want a backup like Garcia who I know can put points up.

What good is any QB who might be less of a complainer if he can't do the job?

If not Garcia they should have found some other vet.

You do realize that this season could go from good to bust if Edwards is out long-term?

Why settle for Garcia? If we're just going to magically sign a player that was unavailable, why not sign Drew Brees or Jay Cutler?

Why settle for Garcia? If we're just going to magically sign a player that was unavailable, why not sign Drew Brees or Jay Cutler?

Well Cutler they could have and should have drafted.

You can never have too many good QBs.

But you comparing Brees to Garcia is kind of ridiculous

Be serious.

Garcia has been team hopping and if determined he is a player the Bills could have signed, he's not making Drew Brees money.

Next time I mention Garcia or the equivalent you'll be telling me they may as well sign Tom Brady.

I dont think Garcia would look at Buffalo as a team he would want to join....most likely he would want to go to team he has a shot at starting for....most likely next season Hamdam gets bumped to #2 and Buffalo drafts a #3 QB in late rounds or FA

I dont think Garcia would look at Buffalo as a team he would want to join....most likely he would want to go to team he has a shot at starting for....most likely next season Hamdam gets bumped to #2 and Buffalo drafts a #3 QB in late rounds or FA

Didn't they already do that this year? I think they have a guy on their practice squad right now, I can't remember his name

Thanks for the welcome.

The Jets scored, I think it was 31 in a quarter against them.

If this game was against a top defense I'd look at it differently.

With the receivers Buffalo has I think Garcia puts up 30+ against Arizona.

Their defence also kept the Cardinals from scoring and continually got the ball back for Favre and their offence to keep running up the score.

If garcia could be a Pro Bowler in the Cover 2 system, i would be all for bringing him in

The Cards gave up 13, 10, and 24 points this season prior to the Jests game. Their defense is not as bad as it was against the Jests, just one of those days. Every team has them, hopefully this past week was the Bills one and only mulligan...

The Cards gave up 13, 10, and 24 points this season prior to the Jests game. Their defense is not as bad as it was against the Jests, just one of those days. Every team has them, hopefully this past week was the Bills one and only mulligan...

Ok I'll stand corrected on how I worded my comment.

But I'm staying with saying that this Arizona defense is putrid and time will demonstrate that.

Keep in mind that the 13 points was again the 49ers on opening day and the 10 was against Miami.

Ok I'll stand corrected on how I worded my comment.

But I'm staying with saying that this Arizona defense is putrid and time will demonstrate that.

Keep in mind that the 13 points was again the 49ers on opening day and the 10 was against Miami.

Miami put up 38 against the Patsie's.

SF put up 33 and 31 in back to back weeks.

All I am saying is that every team lays an egg every now and then. Arizona's week was against the Jests and hopefully Buffalo has theirs out of the way as well...

But getting back to your original question, I wouldn't have minded bring Garcia in. He's dating or married to a playboy playmate, that's reason enough...