JP should have learned from watching TE

mike6683

When he came in the game yesterday I thought we might see a different JP. Trent has shown great quiick decision making JP should been watching some of his game tapes. I am now comletely convinced he will not be good where ever he goes

When he came in the game yesterday I thought we might see a different JP. Trent has shown great quiick decision making JP should been watching some of his game tapes. I am now comletely convinced he will not be good where ever he goes

The problem is JP CAN'T learn this, because you cannot teach someone to process information faster than they are capable of. It would be like saying that someone with a below average IQ who has watched a rocket scientist design a rocket should be able to go off on his own and design his own rocket that is just as good. There are just some things that are not fixable. Learning how to make quick decisions and process information quicker is not something that is really teachable if the person doesn't have the skill already....

The problem is JP CAN'T learn this, because you cannot teach someone to process information faster than they are capable of. It would be like saying that someone with a below average IQ who has watched a rocket scientist design a rocket should be able to go off on his own and design his own rocket that is just as good. There are just some things that are not fixable. Learning how to make quick decisions and process information quicker is not something that is really teachable if the person doesn't have the skill already....

And 90% of the posters on this board will never grasp this concept.

I think the biggest problem with JP is his brain. He just lacks the ability to learn period. From Wyche, Edwards, it doesn't matter. He just will never be as smart as Trent.

Edit: it seems I agree with matter2003

I thought about watching the Indy preseason game he may have at least been capable and honestly he could have played alot worse. In a closer game with better play from the D we mighta won. It looked like to me after awhile he was just trying to do to much because of the situation. Maybe if we have a lead or its closer we might see a different JP.

Hopefully it doesnt even matter but id still rather have him than most backups

and on that note the world is round not flat.

Unfortunately, watching and doing don't live next to each other on JP's block. He hasn't shown any signs of breaking the bad habits that keep him from being a starter. If only...... sigh.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! If only Fred Norris were around to play the sound of someone throwing up!! :doh:

I'm not a fan of JP...never have been, BUT all I ask of the guy is to review his tape of the Indy preseason game. I realize that was only preseason and he was facing a vanilla defense. In that game JP appeared loose and was solid at getting rid of the ball quickly on short timing routes. He wasn't running backwards in the pocket or taking forever to scan the field for the BIG play. It was drop back 3 steps and "Boom", throw a quick accurate pass even if it was for a 5 yd gain. It would give the Bills a chance to win if he would do that and not risk hanging out in the pocket. He can't do it. One aspect of JP's game that is absolutely mystifying to me as that he never tucks the ball and runs. Jeez, he has so many opportunities if the pocket is caving from the outside to just tuck, run and slide. He just doesn't use his instincts enough.

Oh, look. Another thread talking about how stupid JP is.

Thank god this never gets old.

Reading some of these posts I wonder if the team has had to hire someone to help him find the stadium, get dressed for the game and get into the right huddle. According to some he's apparently so dumb that simple tasks seem like epic challenges, so it's no wonder he can't handle trying to read an NFL defense.

Oh, look. Another thread talking about how stupid JP is.

Thank god this never gets old.

It never gets old because no matter how many times we watch him play people here still seem to think JP will be this great QB (someone argued this last week). He will never be better than average and there will always be people here in denial about it. I think you might have been one of those people?

Kind of similar to all the people that swore up and down Willis was a great RB and it was all his O-line! Give me a break, if you couldn't see Willis was avg to poor at the various skillsets a RB needs you don't know how to evaluate RBs. People argued up and down he would be probowl in Baltimore (where are you Peter?).

I agree completely. Too many people on this board have false hopes for JP. Maybe it's the first round pick we used on him. Maybe it's the house he bought in Buffalo, or the city cleanup effort, or his excellent physical measurables. But whatever the reason, people need to accept that Losman, while capable of doing certain things very well, is never going to be a successful starting QB in this league.