Those blaming JP....??

YOOOOOO

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, what a stupid thing to say. :thumbdown:

Look at his avatar. (You've been very slow on the uptake, lately.)

As for the time of possession. That all changes if the defense MAKES A STOP!

In the first half, the Bills scored on 2 of 4 drives (both TDs). That's better than they have been doing lately, in the first half. Arizona scored on all four of their possessions.

In the beginning of the 3rd Quarter (after a short unsuccessful drive by AZ) the Bills drove for a FG. The next series, the Cards drove through the Bills D like it wasn't there.

The offense was not the cause of the Bills D being tired. The Bills defense did much of that by themselves.

... He just doesn't get what? He did a great job in the first half, and by the time it was up to him in the second half the game was over, and he was being blitzed unmercifully while being a sitting duck in an obvious passing situation.

this is what i have been trying to say...the defense didn't help the offense(as far as keeping it a close game) and the offense didn't help the defense(as far as taking up time to keep the defense fresh, and consistently scoring) and special teams didn't help anyone. it was an all around loss, you can't blame it on one person.

oh and I forgot to mention the long drive that made it 14-0 what was that, over 14 plays or so and then there was the fact that our offense was on the field for the next 20 seconds(i give credit to jp though, that was an exciting play). I would take a slow and steady offense over a flashy one anyday, as long as they both can score. its almost as if they gameplaned to keep our offense off the field(where have we seen this gameplan before) because our defense isn't the scoring type(at least not like tennessee's). then you have there next long drive, another 12 plays, then the offense gets another long play, jp goes in for the touchdown, defense back on the field, another long drive 13 plays, then our offense can't stay on the field with a three-and-out, are you starting to see the picture here? now why don't you go back upstairs and try to convince yourself its not your fault you have two dads, its okay i will wait. :thumbdown:

Bills Offense on the field: 2:37 Bills Fumble

Bills Defense on the field: 2:31 Bills down 7-0

Bills Offense on the field: 3:53 Bills punt

Bills Defense on the field: 5:55 End of quarter

2nd quarter

Bills Defense on the field: 1:00 Bills down 14-0

up to this point the Bills were down 14-0.....T.O.P. was Bills 6:30/Cards 9:30

so your saying cuz the defense was out there for 3 more minutes then the offense...thats the reason why they were so tired and we were down two scores going into the 2nd quarter??

... He just doesn't get what? He did a great job in the first half, and by the time it was up to him in the second half the game was over, and he was being blitzed unmercifully while being a sitting duck in an obvious passing situation.

Did you read the sentence right after "he just doesn't get it"? just because someone looks good throwing a football far doesn't make him an NFL quarterback

Look at his avatar. (You've been very slow on the uptake, lately.)

As for the time of possession. That all changes if the defense MAKES A STOP!

In the first half, the Bills scored on 2 of 4 drives (both TDs). That's better than they have been doing lately, in the first half. Arizona scored on all four of their possessions.

In the beginning of the 3rd Quarter (after a short unsuccessful drive by AZ) the Bills drove for a FG. The next series, the Cards drove through the Bills D like it wasn't there.

The offense was not the cause of the Bills D being tired. The Bills defense did much of that by themselves.

i am pretty sure the other 2 non-scores were a punt and a fumble, both put the defense back on the field and our offensive touchdowns together took a grand total of 1:20 seconds. don't get me wrong the defense sucked, but they didn't suck by themselves, our entire team just didn't click at all today.

Did you read the sentence right after "he just doesn't get it"? just because someone looks good throwing a football far doesn't make him an NFL quarterback

What? Now you're disputing JP as an NFL Quarterback? Jesus, what did I just watch for 3 hours today? Have we already moved to Canada, was that a CFL game?

Seriously? Are you saying you're wife knows more than me about football because I don't jump off the boat with JP?

NO. You are one of the few posters on this board whose opinion I respect. I was refering to the person you responded to & many others on this board. And I am serious, she really does have more knowledge than many on this board, despite her lack of interest in the game.

I don't understand the premise of the people defending jp. Are you saying he didn't cause the loss or that he played well? Yes, the defense was terrible, does that mean we can't judge how well jp played? He showed the same shortcomings today as he showed when he first came in the league. You can definitely see the talent, but he just doesn't get it. He doesn't get rid of the ball at the right time, and he doesn't put the ball in a place where his receivers can catch it and go. I don't blame jp for the loss, he was trying out there, but I think you can say that when your #1 qb gets injured on the first drive, the entire game is changed, and usually changed for the worse.

But the game was over before the sacks, fumbles and INT came....

up to the Royal fumble...he was a playing a very solid game...

NO. You are one of the few posters on this board whose opinion I respect. I was refering to the person you responded to & many others on this board. And I am serious, she really does have more knowledge than many on this board, despite her lack of interest in the game.

After re-reading your post I realize I was reading it out of context, sorry. This very well might be my last night on the board, so I'm giving it my all trying to sway the ignorant and often incorrect fans while I'm still in a furious mood.

Bills Offense on the field: 2:37 Bills Fumble

Bills Defense on the field: 2:31 Bills down 7-0

Bills Offense on the field: 3:53 Bills punt

Bills Defense on the field: 5:55 End of quarter

2nd quarter

Bills Defense on the field: 1:00 Bills down 14-0

up to this point the Bills were down 14-0.....T.O.P. was Bills 6:30/Cards 9:30

so your saying cuz the defense was out there for 3 more minutes then the offense...thats the reason why they were so tired and we were down two scores going into the 2nd quarter??

for anyone who has played anything more than flag football with 10 year olds, 3 minutes on the field is a lifetime. you get tired just from the adrenaline rush, now add that to the fact that our undersized secondary is tackling a widerecieving core averaging 6 foot 3, yeah 3 minutes would make you tired.

i am pretty sure the other 2 non-scores were a punt and a fumble, both put the defense back on the field and our offensive touchdowns together took a grand total of 1:20 seconds. don't get me wrong the defense sucked, but they didn't suck by themselves, our entire team just didn't click at all today.

what are you talking about....you keep saying that the fumble put our defense back on the field.....

WE opened up the game with the fumble...are defense hadnt touched the field up to that point

what are you talking about....you keep saying that the fumble put our defense back on the field.....

WE opened up the game with the fumble...are defense hadnt touched the field up to that point

Technically we opened up the game with a kick return, followed by two unsuccessful run plays, and a completed first down pass to Hardy, with Edwards being injured. Then we ran the ball with JP as QB, THEN we fumbled. So, can you stop bickering abuot what happened with this schobel fan (who btw is awful and can't get off the edge fast enough)

for anyone who has played anything more than flag football with 10 year olds, 3 minutes on the field is a lifetime. you get tired just from the adrenaline rush, now add that to the fact that our undersized secondary is tackling a widerecieving core averaging 6 foot 3, yeah 3 minutes would make you tired.

I coach High school football(after playing for 15 years).....If my defense ever came to me and said they were tired after one quarter.....I'd just quit the game right there, and have them run suicides until there legs fell off.....

I coach High school football(after playing for 15 years).....If my defense ever came to me and said they were tired after one quarter.....I'd just quit the game right there, and have them run suicides until there legs fell off.....

Try using three dot dot dots, and get less return-key happy. Maybe then people will read your posts.

What high school team do you coach?

please...try to understand this, when the defense is on the field in the redzone(from the result of the offensive fumble) and is still on the field for 8 plays with the cards converting, you WILL BE TIRED, now let them rest for 20 seconds and then put them back out there and ask them to cover possibly the deepest wide recieving core in the game for 80 yards. put that into context with the fact that your starting quarterback is injured(it does mentally take its toll) and the cardinals offense is reved up because they are at home currently beating an undefeated team. Mentallity is a huge part of the game.

please...try to understand this, when the defense is on the field in the redzone(from the result of the offensive fumble) and is still on the field for 8 plays with the cards converting, you WILL BE TIRED, now let them rest for 20 seconds and then put them back out there and ask them to cover possibly the deepest wide recieving core in the game for 80 yards. put that into context with the fact that your starting quarterback is injured(it does mentally take its toll) and the cardinals offense is reved up because they are at home currently beating an undefeated team. Mentallity is a huge part of the game.

we had the ball for 4 minutes after the first TD

oh really, cuz that sounds like excellent coaching to me, not to mention the fact that the speed of the national football league is the same as your highschool football team. just do us all a favor and go gameplan for your next team loss.

But the game was over before the sacks, fumbles and INT came....

up to the Royal fumble...he was a playing a very solid game...

You know what play really just made me sit back and notice the true difference between jp and Trent? It wasn't a big play, most of you may not even really remember it. It was a play in the first half, where jp went back to pass, seemed to lock onto someone downfield for an extra second while lynch was out in the flat wide open. By the time jp checked the ball down to him, there was a linebacker shooting towards him. Because of jp's lack of recognition, he turned what would have been at least a 7 yard gain into a 1 yard gain. This play just really illustrates why I love watching Trent play. He gets the ball to our playmakers and let's them make plays. Jp waits and waits and waits, and when he finally finds someone, the defense usually finds them as well.

Sorry about the formatting, writing from my phone.

Of course. That's why i specifically said "The Bills defense did much of that by themselves", instead of "all of that".

Of course, the Bills D allowed the Cards to rip downfield in the first quarter when they hadn't been on the field at all. And, at the start of the second half, they stopped the Cards with a 3-and-out, so they really had little excuse to be tired, on the next Cards' drive, no matter how quickly the Bills scored.