JP Supporters

Virgil

As someone who's competed in team sports myself, I know I'd feel insulted if someone said that, for example, Johnny won the game when I did a lot to contribute to the win as well.

Besides, if you surround Joe Montana with a high school team and match them up with Ryan Leaf and a top-level NFL team, do you really think that the high school team would win? Ask any football player and they'll back me up when I say that football is the ultimate team sport. Hell, Marcellus Wiley said those exact words on NFL Live just the other day. There is no official win-loss record for any position in football nor should there be. Hell, the only team sport where a single player has a win-loss record is the pitcher in baseball and don't tell me that A-Rod, for example, doesn't do a lot to help win games as well. Unless the pitcher throws 27 strike-outs in a row, he had a lot of help to win that game.

I played sport since I was 8 yrs old..I am 40 now and I cant remember one time I cared who got the credit..Once in a while you might play with a athlete who wants the credit but more often than not the real player could care less..Players know why their team won or lost..A bad qb will hurt you more than any other postiion on the football team..If the guy cant play I guarantee your team doesnt win no matter how good the rest of your team is..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played sport since I was 8 yrs old..I am 40 now and I cant remember one time I cared who got the credit..Once in a while you might play with a athlete who wants the credit but more often than not the real player could care less..Players know why their team won or lost..A bad qb will hurt you more than any other postiion on the football team..If the guy cant play I guarantee your team doesnt win no matter how good the rest of your team is..

It's true that a QB has a large impact on the game, probably even a larger impact that any other player...but still not the only player who has an impact. Do you really think the Super Bowl Bills would've won as much as they did if Kelly hadn't had Andre, Lofton, and Beebe to throw to? Thurman and Davis to carry the ball, Hull and the rest of the O-line to block, BRUCE to sack opposing QBs, Talley and Bennett to shut down RBs, Odomes and Jones to pick off passes? I GUARANTEE you that Kelly doesn't feel he won those games by himself which is what the whole win-loss record for QBs seems to imply.

What was his record in games that he started? Please, give us some facts. :thumbsup:

Again to beat that horse one more time for assbags like yourself. He lost the Pats game and JP won the Jets game therefor he is 8-5 in games he played more than 2 quarters of.

Anyone with any knowledge of football knows that is the truth and anyone who wants to argue, knows it is wrong and is only arguing to be an ass.

It's true that a QB has a large impact on the game, probably even a larger impact that any other player...but still not the only player who has an impact. Do you really think the Super Bowl Bills would've won as much as they did if Kelly hadn't had Andre, Lofton, and Beebe to throw to? Thurman and Davis to carry the ball, Hull and the rest of the O-line to block, BRUCE to sack opposing QBs, Talley and Bennett to shut down RBs, Odomes and Jones to pick off passes? I GUARANTEE you that Kelly doesn't feel he won those games by himself which is what the whole win-loss record for QBs seems to imply.

That team wouldnt have done squat without Kelly..Look at the Pats with Bledsoe..Perfect exampl..They got the right qb and look what happened...A bad qb will halt a team from winning more than any other player..It doesnt matter how many Bruce or Andres you have..If you got a bum qb youre team is gonna falter

That team wouldnt have done squat without Kelly..Look at the Pats with Bledsoe..Perfect exampl..They got the right qb and look what happened...A bad qb will halt a team from winning more than any other player..It doesnt matter how many Bruce or Andres you have..If you got a bum qb youre team is gonna falter

nice that you ignore the whole point of my post. I never said the QB wasn't important...I even admitted he might be the most important player on the team (for you to be claiming that I said the QB wasn't important is dishonest to say the least...and ignorant considering the proof is right out here in the open of what I said)....but he sure as hell isn't the only player...thanks for playing :thumbsup:

nice that you ignore the whole point of my post. I never said the QB wasn't important...I even admitted he might be the most important player on the team (for you to be claiming that I said the QB wasn't important is dishonest to say the least...and ignorant considering the proof is right out here in the open of what I said)....but he sure as hell isn't the only player...thanks for playing :thumbsup:

I never said you didnt say that..I just made sure you understood my position that the Qb is the MOST IMPORTANT position on the football team..And if you have a bad one you will never know how good your team really is..No dishonest intentions anbd none were posted by me about you.. :devil:

I never said you didnt say that..I just made sure you understood my position that the Qb is the MOST IMPORTANT position on the football team..And if you have a bad one you will never know how good your team really is..No dishonest intentions anbd none were posted by me about you.. :thumbsup:

I always understood that...but what you seem to ignore is the fact that the other players have important parts to play as well. I don't care if the QB is Elway, Montana, or Kelly, he won't see a win if he's playing with a bunch of scrubs. To say that the QB deserves credit for the wins and losses is to suggest that the other players on the team don't matter. Every player on the team is important for wins and losses.

Here's an example...my first regular season game as a season ticket holder. Bills-Patriots 1996

Kelly went 14-27 for 173 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT

Now, keep in mind that all statistics really are team statistics...an INT can't really be laid at the feet of the QB all the time...sometimes it's a bad route, sometimes it's something as simple as the receiver not catching the ball cleanly and it bobbles and is caught by a DB.

Basically, Kelly had a mediocre day at best but "he got the win" because Phil Hansen tackled Dave Meggett at the end of the game just short of the goal line. Of course, Hansen wasn't the only one who made that play...Meggett wouldn't have had to go towards Hansen except that Bruce and Washington cut off the lane the play was designed to go through.

What was his record in games that he started? Please, give us some facts. :devil:
Here you go from the highly-regarded pro-football-reference.com -

the only QB stat that really matters, QB Record (QBRec) can be found under "passing stats":

Before this season started:

Trent Edwards was 5-4.

Add the 4 wins and no losses this season, and he is now 9-4 as starter. :thumbsup:

Interesting that he is currently tied with Rob Johnson for career wins as Bills starter (9-17, 0-1 in playoffs)...

with a win today, he will tie RJ's younger brother J.P. Losman (10-21)....

he matches up quite favorably with Doug Flutie (21-9, 0-1 in playoffs)....

and he is well on his way to catching Brain Dead Drew (23-25) :D

Then who is worth a first? Jamarcus Russell, and his 10 million dollar salary? He was the first pick of an entire draft, and I am betting that the Raiders wish they had Trent at this point. Besides, about half of 1st round qbs are bust. As a Bills Fan, certainly you are well aware of this, no?

As for a complete game, his record is 9-4. One more win and he will hit the "magic number." :lol:

Next?

What Jamarcus have to do with what i posted....

All I'm saying is, its alil early.....We all like what we see in Edwards but its a long season...Let it play out