Just "won" an authentic throwback Whitner jersey

Don't know how much you paid, but I'm sure it was a good deal. I just hope it really is authentic, I've seen some knock-offs that are pretty convincing in the postings but no so much when you get them in your hands

Its probably comparable to the Posluszny jersey I bought on eBay last year - its not 100%, but damn close, considering the price I paid.

Its probably comparable to the Posluszny jersey I bought on eBay last year - its not 100%, but damn close, considering the price I paid.

The throwbacks look quite good from what I've seen. I've seen the newer style ones that look horrible, from the baby blue sleeve stripes to the pink sides and the plain white lettering - not even close! :sick:

While I'm still queasy about knockoffs -- after all, they ARE breaking the law -- the fact remains that if the NFL (and other professional sports) didn't so spectacularly overprice their merchandise, the market for bootlegs wouldn't exist.

I'll still caution people about the cheesier-looking fakes, or about "deals" that aren't ... but if someone doesn't want to pay $300 for a shirt, can't say I blame them.

Enjoy your jersey. You too, Jay.

I've seen the newer style ones that look horrible, from the baby blue sleeve stripes to the pink sides and the plain white lettering

Haha.....I have to laugh whenever I see people at the games with those!

I've been "window shopping" at E-bay for authentic Bills apparel but from alot of you have said, you can't really trust them so I'm forced browsing online shops that offer what I want but a tad more expensive. I'm resigned to the fact that if I want something real and of great quality it's better to be safe than sorry later.

I'm getting an Evans throwback here pretty soon and maybe a Poz too.

I doubt its a true "authentic" but who cares. The only ones that will notice are the "jersey snobs" who are willing to drop $300 on a shirt so that they can say they have a true "authentic" jersey

I would not consider myself a "jersey snob" .....but I make fun of the guy in front of me who bought an "authentic" Whitner jersey. My reasons for busting his chops is he BRAGGED that he got an authentic for $60....Well....It looks great from far away but he sits in front of me so I see the THOUSANDS of strings that are sticking out at the stitch points....So of course I tell him that he is supporting "sweatshops" in SE Asia by buying that jersey...and that he got ripped off

I thought the prices on the NFL jerseys were high and then the NHL came out with the Sabres new alternate jersey. It rocks the old logo, but damn are they expensive.

I'm getting to the age where I'm happy if I can just afford game tickets let alone the newest jerseys.

I bought this same jersey from nfljersey.us I'm pretty sure it's not authentic- although it did have the nfl tags on it. One thing that tipped me off was that it was mailed from china. But either way, i dig it- the numbers and lettering are stitched straight so I can't complain. Also it only cost me like $50 including shipping