Kudos to the Front Office

VIPP

with losing 17 players last season to injuries, you really start to appreciate depth and luck! (luck as in staying healthy).

Last week we lose McGee, who has been playing amazing football for us. Jabari Greer has played at a level beyond anyone of us could have ever anticipated since being picked up by us and i`m sure the 32 other NFL teams wished they drafted the kid. Something has suddenly clicked for Ashton Y and he seems to `get it.` Both players are capable of starting and taking on top talent in this league, and luckily we got McKelvin to step up and gain some valuable experience and playtime in the nickel position.

As good as Freddie Action Jackson played on punt returns, I would like to see McKelvin handling PR as well as KR duties for the bills.

McKelvin is about to earn his 1st round draft pick slot! Stay tuned folks

Guest dog14787
with losing 17 players last season to injuries, you really start to appreciate depth and luck! (luck as in staying healthy).

Last week we lose McGee, who has been playing amazing football for us. Jabari Greer has played at a level beyond anyone of us could have ever anticipated since being picked up by us and i`m sure the 32 other NFL teams wished they drafted the kid. Something has suddenly clicked for Ashton Y and he seems to `get it.` Both players are capable of starting and taking on top talent in this league, and luckily we got McKelvin to step up and gain some valuable experience and playtime in the nickel position.

As good as Freddie Action Jackson played on punt returns, I would like to see McKelvin handling PR as well as KR duties for the bills.

I'm feeling ya :thumbsup:

Very true. Let's hope he takes one to the house this weekend. I think it's gonna be a close game, and special teams could make the difference in this one.

There was a thread bashing Leodis right after the STL game last weekend, bashing his cover abilities. It's like give him a minute to actually do something before throwing him off the bus. I hope he does well this weekend.

Guest dog14787
Very true. Let's hope he takes one to the house this weekend. I think it's gonna be a close game, and special teams could make the difference in this one.

There was a thread bashing Leodis right after the STL game last weekend, bashing his cover abilities. It's like give him a minute to actually do something before throwing him off the bus. I hope he does well this weekend.

Speaking about bashing, how about the "I'm going to knock you out" attitude, awww, is he awesome or what. :thumbsup:

Really? I must have missed those. I thought he acquitted himself fairly well, last weekend.

He'd have to be some kind of special player to justify being drafted 11th overall at our single most loaded position. The only thing saving that pick from a tirade of criticism is the absence of any real alternative on the board at the time.

Lets see what he's got. If hes another solid starter like McGee, I don't think that pick makes much sense in hindsight. We could have gotten that by re-signing Greer instead of letting him walk after this year.

If he's a Pro Bowler a few years from now, that pick is obviously a good one. Otherwise it could've been better used somewhere, anywhere else on the depth chart.

He'd have to be some kind of special player to justify being drafted 11th overall at our single most loaded position. The only thing saving that pick from a tirade of criticism is the absence of any real alternative on the board at the time.

Lets see what he's got. If hes another solid starter like McGee, I don't think that pick makes much sense in hindsight. We could have gotten that by re-signing Greer instead of letting him walk after this year.

If he's a Pro Bowler a few years from now, that pick is obviously a good one. Otherwise it could've been better used somewhere, anywhere else on the depth chart.

A team can never have enough corners especially those that can return punts/kicks for touchdowns. I don't think the eleventh pick in the draft automatically equals pro bowl, but they should be solid starters which McKelvin already looks capable of being.

Guest dog14787
Really? I must have missed those. I thought he acquitted himself fairly well, last weekend.

May have been a thread from ieatcrayonz, some sort of reverse psychology. :thumbsup:

You could make an argument (a pretty strong argument, actually) that Albert would have been a good pick. But if you're saying that CB looked like our most loaded position going into the draft, I think you're looking with the benefit of hindsight.

A team can never have enough corners especially those that can return punts/kicks for touchdowns. I don't think the eleventh pick in the draft automatically equals pro bowl, but they should be solid starters which McKelvin already looks capable of being.

I've heard some people say that having too many corners is like having too much money.

You could make an argument (a pretty strong argument, actually) that Albert would have been a good pick. But if you're saying that CB looked like our most loaded position going into the draft, I think you're looking with the benefit of hindsight.

You get that right. Even with the emergence of Youboty, the Bills would have needed another CB (maybe not in the first round, though). As many thought that Aston was likely gone this year, CB was an obvious need for the Bills in the last draft.

From what I recall, the Bills didn't have any offers to trade down. And the only player whose value was there was Albert, but he's not a center (what the Bills truly need) and thus would have been a depth player this year, possibly pushing a current starter to the bench next year. Greer is likely gone at the end of the year, so McKelvin replaces him. And you only want McGee returning kicks for so long.

From what I recall, the Bills didn't have any offers to trade down. And the only player whose value was there was Albert, but he's not a center (what the Bills truly need) and thus would have been a depth player this year, possibly pushing a current starter to the bench next year. Greer is likely gone at the end of the year, so McKelvin replaces him. And you only want McGee returning kicks for so long.

I disagree with what you're saying here. The only player who had value at 11 was Brandon Albert?? NO way, the Bills were surprised when McKelvin dropped to #11. A lot of people had New England taking him at number 10. The Bills were thrilled that he dropped! And returning kicks... Terrance has been doing a good job and so can McKelvin. As long as we have our McCorners, we will have two of the best kick returners in the league.

And why do you think Greer will be gone. He has not proven to be a #1 cornerback, so he will not achieve Clements money, why couldn't we afford him? We're under the cap right, and Jauron loves corners.

I disagree with what you're saying here. The only player who had value at 11 was Brandon Albert?? NO way, the Bills were surprised when McKelvin dropped to #11. A lot of people had New England taking him at number 10. The Bills were thrilled that he dropped! And returning kicks... Terrance has been doing a good job and so can McKelvin. As long as we have our McCorners, we will have two of the best kick returners in the league.

And why do you think Greer will be gone. He has not proven to be a #1 cornerback, so he will not achieve Clements money, why couldn't we afford him? We're under the cap right, and Jauron loves corners.

What I meant to say is that the only other player (besides McKelvin, who they took) that had value and was a need for the Bills was Albert, but even that wasn't that great of a need since he doesn't play center (and I still wish they drafted Jamey Richard) and potentially would have displaced another high-priced player. IOW, I was agreeing with the McKelvin pick.

And I think that with FA salaries being as crazy as they are, Greer could easily command $5M a year on the market. No way do the Bills pay that for him, and in turn make McGee mad.