Travis Henry

murra

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A multi-kilogram cocaine drug bust. This was not for personal use, but looks like a purchase with the intent to sell. There is no better punishment than 20 years for a person who was going to sell cocaine to multiple people - in effect, destroying multiple peoples's/family's lives.

I have no problem if he wants to ruin his life, that's his personal decision. However, when you contribute to the downfall of others, it's a whole different ball game.

whah wah wah!!

I'M A BLEEDING HEART!!

people who buy and use coke are responsible for their own down fall, just like people that die from smoking or drinking or being massive fat asses.

Even if this didn't deter him from committing the crime, 20 years in prison is 20 less years he could potentially be selling and ruining other's lives.

I also wrote that "I'm not saying a guy dealing coke by the kilo, or a rapist, or any other violent criminal shouldn't go away for a long time" in the same post, so I guess we're in agreement there.

Sad story for a great back. That guy ran like a monster on a broken leg for us. I loved him for it. :thumbsup:

I worked with a guy that went to the same FL high school as Travis Henry. He said that his brother was the biggest MJ dealer in the area. When Travis signed his deal with the Bills, he came back home and gave his brother a debit card with $100k on it. The brother (who's name escapes me) said (quoting from hearsay), "(N-word), I don't want no credit card! Gimme cash!" The next day, Travis gave him $50k in cash and his brother was more than happy to use it to make capital expansions to his enterprise. Now that Travis is out of the league he probably figured he should be in the family business, but since he's Travis, he should be in NFL of drug dealing, right?

Just my worthless theory.

Sad story for a great back. That guy ran like a monster on a broken leg for us. I loved him for it. :thumbsup:

I worked with a guy that went to the same FL high school as Travis Henry. He said that his brother was the biggest MJ dealer in the area. When Travis signed his deal with the Bills, he came back home and gave his brother a debit card with $100k on it. The brother (who's name escapes me) said (quoting from hearsay), "(N-word), I don't want no credit card! Gimme cash!" The next day, Travis gave him $50k in cash and his brother was more than happy to use it to make capital expansions to his enterprise. Now that Travis is out of the league he probably figured he should be in the family business, but since he's Travis, he should be in NFL of drug dealing, right?

Just my worthless theory.

Interesting story, though I'm sure many many players are related to or best friends with a dealer back home.

I think Travis' decision to finance him is a defining tale in his inability to judge morality. Clearly his brother is wrong, and clearly 50k is enough to help him out (the moral way...aka rehab, etc). Instead, he chose to finance him, and making poor decisions like that probably tells us he was not raised correctly, and that sadly, his illegitimate children are giong to suffer from his poor life choices.

See, this is the problem with training methods for the NFL. Travis ran away. A professional running back. Yet he was arrested several houses away.

That's what happens when you never train to run further than 100 yards.

Sorry, probably should take this more seriously. Tragic and stupid.

I don't care who sells, buys or uses drugs. I really don't care. I'm not saying I want MY kids doing drugs. But it is MY job to educate them about the harm drug use can cause. I don't need the government to take care of this for me.

I see where you are coming from, but do you want these dirt bags even trying to sell drugs to your kids. I'm sure you're a great father, but as teenagers, they are going to have to make some decisions for themselves and teenagers are known to make some very poor decisions. I wouldn't even want my kids tempted by the thought of drugs.

What about when one of these crackheads breaks into your house in the middle of the night when your family is sleeping so he can do a cash grab to buy his next fix. Drug addicts would not value you or your family's lives for a second in order to get their next fix. Now, I know you can wake up and shoot them and all, but do you really want to even be faced with such a situation?

Don't worry. The Bengals will sign him.

:thumbsup: They're waiting for Michael Vick to take over for Palmer when he gets out.

Is there a better manual out there on "How to Throw Away Your Life and The Future Well Being of Your Children" than what we have seen with Travis?

This is so sad, and basically, because it effects more than just Travis, but his innocent children.

A LOT of innocent children.

Yes. Especially when compared to murderers and child molesters who routinely get much LESS.

I don't care who sells, buys or uses drugs. I really don't care. I'm not saying I want MY kids doing drugs. But it is MY job to educate them about the harm drug use can cause. I don't need the government to take care of this for me.

Now, if some dirt bag lays a hand on my kids, well, that is something I DO have an issue with. Please see the movie Deathwish.

Things just seem out of whack.

If only more people realized these things. I'm all for legalizing non physically addictive drugs.

Yeah, that's how I deal with it..... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

You don't have the stress of 1000 kids.

travis henry would have to study to become a moron

:lol:

IF he gets twenty years, something is VERY WRONG with the judicial/legal system, or basicly the drug laws in general. Just my opinion, but I am sure there are bigger problems law enforcement can be looking into. Really, do we need a DEA????

Again, just my two cents.

I have a friend doing 7 years (no less) for carrying an illegal firearm.

Not for shooting it. Not for drugs. With no priors. 7 years.

whah wah wah!!

I'M A BLEEDING HEART!!

people who buy and use coke are responsible for their own down fall, just like people that die from smoking or drinking or being massive fat asses.

I'm all for personally responsibilty, but the difference is, people who are fat asses and smoke aren't going to break into your house and kill your family so they can score a $25 crack rock. So, people who use coke could just as easily be responsible for your downfall.

I currently live in Baltimore. Ask anyone in this dump of a city and they will tell you they personally know someone who has been held up at gun point, if they weren't held up themselves. What do you think they want this money for? So they can go down to the nearest BK and buy a Whopper? It's naive to think drugs only hurt the user.

I have a friend doing 7 years (no less) for carrying an illegal firearm.

Not for shooting it. Not for drugs. With no priors. 7 years.

IMO, that is as it should be. If you don't have any reason to hide the fact you have it why not register it? If the gun is stolen it can help to track down murderer's.

So you know Marvin Harrison too?

:thumbsup:

See, this is the problem with training methods for the NFL. Travis ran away. A professional running back. Yet he was arrested several houses away.

Apparently he tripped over the middle stripe on the road, just short of a first down.