personnel and our success

tennesseeboy

I apologize for my scepticism of Dick Jauron's appointment. These last few drafts have been outstanding by any standard. Whitner is a huge contributor, Ko Simpon, Kyle Williams et al are making a huge difference. Lynch, Pos and Schouman in addition to Edwards have made things happen.

Second, our off season decisions to go for linemen such as Dockery and Stroud instead of "name" margquee types has done us well.

Third Jauron has been the just the coach we need for a young time even if he is not as entertaining as the some of the headset throwing funnymen on other teams.

Mea culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa. Hiring Jauron was a great choice, Ralph.

Second, our off season decisions to go for linemen such as Dockery and Stroud instead of "name" margquee types has done us well.

Dockery wasn't a big signing? They signed him to a 7 year 49 million dollar contract which I believe makes him one of the highest paid guards in the league along with Hutchinson.

Too many folks look toward the media to anoint coaches and players to greatness. That's why Bill Parcells is still held in such high esteem when in reality he's been a dismal failure since parting with Bill Bellicheat. The truth is Marv Levy built this team in less time than Tom Donahoe or John Butler. His eye for talent and leadership has proven superior, despite the snapshot judgments of the Mel Kipers of the media. Dick Jauron has proven to be the ideal coach to lead a young team, despite the losing record he's had until now. Our assistants are also proving to be of a high caliber. (Any bets on Perry Fewell getting a HC offer after this year?) And lastly, how about a little credit for our owner, the much maligned Ralph Wilson, who blew out ol' Whitey and put together the trio of Brandon, Guy, and keeping Modrak? As much as it galls the media blowhards, and even some so-called Bills fans, the Bills are a well-run team, deserving of their 4-0 record.

PTR

It was big in money but Dockery was considered a 2nd teir level free agent and sometimes you gotta throw a little more money to bring players to the snow belt.

Dockery wasnt a 2nd tier he wasnt the big name. Surprisingly there is a difference i know

Stroad was a big name too but i think we got him farely cheap and it was a move that made sense which is so refreshing.

I love plans :thumbdown:

I apologize for my scepticism of Dick Jauron's appointment. These last few drafts have been outstanding by any standard. Whitner is a huge contributor, Ko Simpon, Kyle Williams et al are making a huge difference. Lynch, Pos and Schouman in addition to Edwards have made things happen.

Screw that, man. We drafted Leodis over Tracy Porter.

Too many folks look toward the media to anoint coaches and players to greatness. That's why Bill Parcells is still held in such high esteem when in reality he's been a dismal failure since parting with Bill Bellicheat. The truth is Marv Levy built this team in less time than Tom Donahoe or John Butler. His eye for talent and leadership has proven superior, despite the snapshot judgments of the Mel Kipers of the media. Dick Jauron has proven to be the ideal coach to lead a young team, despite the losing record he's had until now. Our assistants are also proving to be of a high caliber. (Any bets on Perry Fewell getting a HC offer after this year?) And lastly, how about a little credit for our owner, the much maligned Ralph Wilson, who blew out ol' Whitey and put together the trio of Brandon, Guy, and keeping Modrak? As much as it galls the media blowhards, and even some so-called Bills fans, the Bills are a well-run team, deserving of their 4-0 record.

PTR

I would take the bet saying that Bobby April gets offered a HC position before Fewell

Look at the '07 draft...

The first seven players taken in that draft are all starters or major contributors on a rising Bills team that is looking to go to 4-0 today against the Rams. The Bills are the talk of the country, a sudden playoff contender. The ’06 draft laid the foundation and helped shape the team’s competitive personality.

Donte Whitner: eighth pick overall, defensive captain, strong safety and team leader. John McCargo: 26th overall, backing up at defensive tackle because the Bills found a jewel later in the draft. Ashton Youboty: third round, nickel back, a revelation this year, maybe the most improved guy on the team.

Ko Simpson: fourth round, starting free safety. Kyle Williams: fifth round, a steal, starting defensive tackle coming into his own, had the game of his career last week. Brad Butler: fifth round, starting right guard. Keith Ellison: sixth round, starting outside linebacker.

They also picked up Fred Jackson, an emerging backup running back, and John DiGiorgio, a solid reserve linebacker, as undrafted free agents that year.