$100.00 REWARD and a free ticket To Bills game

DIE HARD 1967

Will the goal posts ever be torn down again? If by chance the Bills make the playoffs or win the division will the posts come down? And will law enforcement let it happen?

the posts came down twice that year and I have a piece of the turf from the Miami win. The posts came down after a win over the rams in cold and rain and I recall the players coming out after and dancing on the field to many folks singing Talking Proud. There was also a game that year against Pitt and their fans were cheering one for the thumb theme, We started the chant "one for the thumb is pretty f*cking dumb"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion would be to expand your search. Start with the guy on YouTube who's posting older videos, then expand to the Bills Backers clubs around the country. There should be a tape out there somewhere, but it's going to take some searching. You could also try NBC at the national level in New York City.

Good Luck!

the posts came down twice that year and I have a piece of the turf from the Miami win. The posts came down after a win over the rams in cold and rain and I recall the players coming out after and dancing on the field to many folks singing Talking Proud. There was also a game that year against Pitt and their fans were cheering one for the thumb theme, We started the chant "one for the thumb is pretty f*cking dumb"

The goalposts didn't come down for that Rams game December 7, 1980.

Security was on the field and they had greased the goalposts.

At about the same time the Bills were doing their chorus line act, an a s shole named Mark Chapman was in NY City stalking ex-Beatle John Lennon, whom he thoughtlessly gunned down 30 hours later.

Crazy times.

If someone has the tape, will Jeff Nixon need their bank account information so he can "deposit" the $100 and will he need some $ so he can "send the ticket" to said person?

No, I will set you up with Jeff by phone or by E-mail,

What are you worried about the cost of coping a VHS tape (lol)

Not Everything in Life is a scam, is it very hard to figure out why a player would want such a tape...they are people too!

Read thru the responses from my post on the Bills main Board and you will find Jeff's response and #

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=50677

I have been working with him for awhile and I think you find he is a good guy and will gladly take you to the game.

As for the money, I will snd you cash if you want!

I just want to get the tape for Jeff Nixon so we can move on....

But, I have to admit....I want a copy too!

My suggestion would be to expand your search. Start with the guy on YouTube who's posting older videos, then expand to the Bills Backers clubs around the country. There should be a tape out there somewhere, but it's going to take some searching. You could also try NBC at the national level in New York City.

Good Luck!

If I can't come up with something real soon, I may do just that....thanks much

Well there is this guy on Youtube posting Bills games from the 70's. The original poster ought to go ask "BillCody" or search for that handle there. Those look like VHS transfers to me.

His handle is actually BillCody1960

His user page is http://www.youtube.com/user/BillCody1960

I sent him (her?) a message with a link to this message on this board to check out. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have it.

You may also want to try local PBS stations. Back in the mid '90's, they played the '65 Championship game @ Balboa Stadium -from NBC coverage- as part of their pledge drives. I was shocked and devoured every minute of it but I wasn't near a VCR to tape it.

TD's by Warlick and Byrd int, and 2 FG's by Gogalak in his final game as a Bill. Awesome!

Good luck!

No, I will set you up with Jeff by phone or by E-mail,

Read thru the responses from my post on the Bills main Board and you will find Jeff's response and #

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=50677

I have been working with him for awhile and I think you find he is a good guy and will gladly take you to the game.

As for the money, I will snd you cash if you want!

I just want to get the tape for Jeff Nixon so we can move on....

But, I have to admit....I want a copy too!

I agree with most, have you posted this on the Phins boards? Seeeing how most everyone on this board is from Buffalo at that time, if as people say it was not televised in Buffalo(that game was sold out..no?), a Phins fan probally your best chance.

I as well at the game. Brother went on the field, i stayed in the stands and soaked it all in.

BTW, why on the other board everyboday keeps saying that game ended a 17 game losing streak. I think it was 23, and most certainly was at least 21 as we were 0 for the 70s agaisnt those bastards.

I have met him a few times, he's a great guy. Hope he finds the film! Probably his best game ever, at least stat wise, and no video of it. That's crazy....

I'll ask around some of my dolphins fan friends in Fla. to see.

I am a transplant from fla and have been a dolphins fan for life and was at that game also. Even though we lost that was one of the most exciting things I have ever witnessed live or on tv. I had a runninng bet with a cousin that we would go double or nothing every bills - dolphins game. It started at $1 and ended with him "owing" me like $524,000+. I'm pretty sure it was 20 games in a row. He never would "pay" up. :lol: