$100.00 REWARD and a free ticket To Bills game

DIE HARD 1967

JEFF NIXON, BUFFALO BILL (1979-1984) is looking for a copy of the Bills 17-7 win in Buffalo over the Dolphins (1980), that was the game where the fans ripped down the goal posts and carried it to Ralph's private box.

Jeff Nixon had 3 interceptions that day.

There is a picture of that goal post being ripped down in THE BILLS TRIBUTE (link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5wOviDmO6U

He has been looking for a copy for several years and the Bills and NFL films does not have a copy ( Believe it or not)

Its going to have to come from somebody that has their own private collection.

I have been looking for this tape since last season with no luck.

I watched the Bills lose 17 straight games to the Dolphins and Jeff Nixon was the key to ending that losing streak....I think we need to help HIM out now!

********** JEFF NIXON WILL PERSONALLY TAKE YOU TO THE GAME as his guest, and I am offering the $100.00.

PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE E-MAIL if you can find it!

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT GAME IS LOST FOREVER....

I DO HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER AND PRIVATE E-MAIL ADDRESS.

What I am looking for is for someone to say, "I have it"

This should not be hard

DIEHARD 1967

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEFF NIXON, BUFFALO BILL (1979-1984) is looking for a copy of the Bills 17-7 win in Buffalo over the Dolphins (1980), that was the game where the fans ripped down the goal posts and carried it to Ralph's private box.

He has been looking for a copy for several years and the Bills and NFL films does not have a copy ( Believe it or not)

JEFF NIXON WILL PERSONALLY TAKE YOU TO THE GAME and I am offering the $100.00.

DIEHARD 1967

Well, since home VCRs were still a couple of years away from common usage, there's probably not many game tapes around from casual fans.

The best bet may be to contact NBC, who broadcast the game. Jeff was a surprise DB talent who emerged as a real ball hawk. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a blown out knee (if my memory serve me correctly).

BTW - I was at that game !

Well, since home VCRs were still a couple of years away from common usage, there's probably not many game tapes around from casual fans.

The best bet may be to contact NBC, who broadcast the game. Jeff was a surprise DB talent who emerged as a real ball hawk. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a blown out knee (if my memory serve me correctly).

You are right about the VCR.....Jeff has exhausted nearly every avenue.

Its depressing to me!

Guest dog14787

JEFF NIXON WILL PERSONALLY TAKE YOU TO THE GAME as his guest, and I am offering the $100.00.

DIEHARD 1967

Wow, thats awesome and good luck, I'm calling some of my cousins, aunts and uncles now. Thats not to long after Beta and VHS was developed for home use so it could be a tough one to find. :ph34r:

Check this site... http://members.tripod.com/bem3/bem3.html

I can't go to it from work, but i found it in an email that I traded with a guy for the 1988 NY Jets game where we took down the goal posts. THat was one of my earliest childhood memories, being at that game.

When I traded with him, he sent me 2 DVD's, so he only requested I send him 4 DVD's and the necessary S/H. Pretty good guy, hopefully this might help.

Oh... and if Bruce has the game, and he can't claim the ticket reward, I think it's only fair I get it as a referral! :ph34r:

Was fortunate to be at that game as well. I remember singing that song with my buddy "Boom, Boom. OUT GO THE LIGHTS!" When we knew the Dolphins were done. Can't remember who did that song. Good trivia question I guess. No VCR tape from me unfortunately. First one was a top of the line Mitsubishi that I paid over $1200 cdn dollars for. It was awesome because it had 4 heads and was stereo lol. Not sure what year that was either. I'm thinking 83.

Well there is this guy on Youtube posting Bills games from the 70's. The original poster ought to go ask "BillCody" or search for that handle there. Those look like VHS transfers to me.

I was at that game as well, would contribute to the fund to buy that tape. If someone does get it, PLEASE contact me; my email is fishmonger@mac.com. I remember myself and my now deceased father watching as they threw the goalposts out of the stadium, tied them to some guys van, and drove off. Somebody has those goalposts. I remember the security guards not interfering because they were too busy celebrating. Were they high fiving, or was that pre-high five? Yes, kids there was a time pre- high five.

I was at that game as well, would contribute to the fund to buy that tape. If someone does get it, PLEASE contact me; my email is fishmonger@mac.com. I remember myself and my now deceased father watching as they threw the goalposts out of the stadium, tied them to some guys van, and drove off. Somebody has those goalposts. I remember the security guards not interfering because they were too busy celebrating. Were they high fiving, or was that pre-high five? Yes, kids there was a time pre- high five.

A radio station in Olean, NY had them and cut them up. I have a 3 inch piece that my grandfather was able to get from them.

B

I was in the Endzone but I never went on the field....no balls

B

I was in the Endzone but I never went on the field....no balls

I went down to the field. It was bedlam. You'd have thought we won the superbowl.

At least one of the goalposts, or part of one anyway, got passed from the field, up the stands to Ralph's private box. I don't know if they thought Ralph was gonna tie it to the bumper of his Taurus and drive it back to Detroit, or what, but it was a surreal scene.

BTW - those teams from the Chuck Knox era were some of the most fun teams to watch. Great grouping of young talented misfits and aging castoffs like Isiah Robertson, Conrad Dobler, Smerlas, Haslett, Butler, Ferguson, Cribbs. Great O line with Devlin, Jones, Grant, Dobler, etc.

Unfortunately, age, injuries, and the strike shortened 1982 season combined to form the perfect storm that would end any hope of a long playoiff run in the early 80's. Ferguson, McKenzie, Dobler, Villapiano, Piccone, and Robertson were at the end of their careers, and LB Shane Nelson and Safety Jeff Nixon soon had promising career shortend by injuries. Cribbs wanted more money and eventually bolted for the WFL. Knox was at loggerheads with douchbag tightwad GM Stew Barber, and left the team in the hands of Kay Stephenson. Kay was left with a pile of shiite, but still managed to pull out few good wins. Eventually, he and Ferguson were run out of town by disheartened fans.

The good side is that a few good drafts in the following years spawned the Superbowl Bills.

But man, those were some fun teams to watch. Went to a lot of the games. Was at the Rams game in December (1979?) when the crowd - believe it or not - wouldn't leave - they wanted an encore! It was a dark December London fog type of afternoon, and what trace of sun was behind the couds was quickkly disappearing. Smerlas, Haslett, and about 8-10 of the Bills crazies came bzack out of the tunnel with half their uniform (tee shirts and uniform pants) and did a Radio City style chorus line kick thing in the endzone. It was nuts. The crowd went wild. Great memories.

The 90s Bills were awesome, but those Chuck Knox teams were insane.

Good luck Jeff.

BTW - for anyone who missed it, 59 year old Lou Piccone sang he National Anthem at the Bills Seahawks 2008 sason opener. Good job Lou. Don't quit yer day job.