Don't mess with those TX high school football games

Lurker

When did the America you grew up in go away?

About the same time political correctness started and the humorless sphincter police took control.

I don't care if they disrupted the proceedings...that video was very funny and no harm was done. If the school administration wanted to punish the kids, it should have been done in-house.

When did the America you grew up in go away?

About the same time political correctness started and the humorless sphincter police took control.

I don't care if they disrupted the proceedings...that video was very funny and no harm was done. If the school administration wanted to punish the kids, it should have been done in-house.

I don't think this is a PC issue, at all. This is a police state issue. How is this, in any way, not politically correct? This time, I think this is overreaction by the humorless right, not the humorless left. (At least we can agree that whoever is to blame, they are indeed humorless.)

As far as I can tell, this is being handled as a trespassing issue. I'm surprised some here aren't suggesting they should have/could have been shot for trespassing.

I don't think this is a PC issue, at all. This is a police state issue. How is this, in any way, not politically correct? This time, I think this is overreaction by the humorless right, not the humorless left. (At least we can agree that whoever is to blame, they are indeed humorless.)

As far as I can tell, this is being handled as a trespassing issue. I'm surprised some here aren't suggesting they should have/could have been shot for trespassing.

If its such a police state how come we don't get the upside? Like zero crime? Everyone gets bent on sh-- like this but every day robbery, beatings, car theft, vandalism(like the graffiti"tagging" that we found on our freshly painted building 2 weeks ago that I cleaned off and repainted yesterday 0:) ) is accepted as the norm. If were going to be a police state lets do it right like Singapore. F all the criminals. If you don't do anything wrong you don't have to worry.

If its such a police state how come we don't get the upside? Like zero crime? Everyone gets bent on sh-- like this but every day robbery, beatings, car theft, vandalism(like the graffiti"tagging" that we found on our freshly painted building 2 weeks ago that I cleaned off and repainted yesterday 0:) ) is accepted as the norm. If were going to be a police state lets do it right like Singapore. F all the criminals. If you don't do anything wrong you don't have to worry.

In a police state, the crimes are committed by the police, and the gov't. I'd say we are working our way there nicely.

In a police state, the crimes are committed by the police, and the gov't. I'd say we are working our way there nicely.

I guess this is where the constitutional right to bear arms comes into play. A mighty stretch I know but I can see what they were thinking back then.

I guess this is where the constitutional right to bear arms comes into play. A mighty stretch I know but I can see what they were thinking back then.

Actually, the founders simply meant we have the right to wear sleeveless shirts. I'm not sure if it was an editing mistake, or they simply spelled the words differently, back then. 0:)

"The crowd reacts with laughter, but the assistant principal jumps over the fence and with the help of another person hand the boys over to police."

Amazing. I wonder if I'd rather one of the ape costumers shot the nuts off of that supercilious a-hole. Then, only then, do you call the police. That kids are goofy should be no surprise to no one, especially this civil service clown who theoretically got employed in part because of his understanding of such a simple, historical truism... 0:)

Unless they have a written no-trespassing rule for that field (like the one printed on the back of the Bills tickets), if that's my kid, I'm on the phone to a lawyer.

Maybe that's why the charges were dropped. (Either that, or someone from the school district came to his or her senses.)

What would have happened if someone did this at a NFL game?

I am not saying I am for or against the actions of these students/school officials... Just saying.

When I was growing up, we were able to sneak practically a whole case of beer under your parka into a game at Rich.

Again... Just saying where do we draw the line?

Isn't this the problem you talk about Cincy:

One of the boys being arrested was the son of Irma Patton. "When they handcuffed him… which is when I started crying," she explained. "To see your baby handcuffed… I've never seen anybody handcuffed, much less my own child."

The teens were taken to jail where they spent the next 16 hours. Teenager Curtis Patton talked about his time behind bars. "It's cold. They never turn the lights off and it's just hard to sleep," he said.

:ph34r:

What so bad... They broke the rules and did the detention?

Blame the idiot principal by pressing the issue for them to be arrested.

Why?

Sure he was hardass... But, do other students know when enough is enough?... Ya, they sorta threw the book at them.. Big deal, they dropped the charge(s). Ya, know what, maybe in the "old days" they would have done the same? Who knows? Students will think twice about pulling a stunt, maybe a stunt that tries to "up things" and gets someone hurt.

Again... True the principal was a hardass... The students basically called his bluff in front of everyone. No?

I agree... In my day, you may have done a day in-school suspension.

Why?

Sure he was hardass... But, do other students know when enough is enough?... Ya, they sorta threw the book at them.. Big deal, they dropped the charge(s). Ya, know what, maybe in the "old days" they would have done the same? Who knows? Students will think twice about pulling a stunt, maybe a stunt that tries to "up things" and gets someone hurt.

Again... True the principal was a hardass... The students basically called his bluff in front of everyone. No?

I agree... In my day, you may have done a day in-school suspension.

I guess most of us are saying that, like most things in life, JUDGMENT comes into play. I know you were just playing devil's advocate, so I will take your posts as just that. I agree that some discipline is appropriate, to detract future (and likely worse) incidents, if for no other reason. But, arrest and jail? That's just poor judgment.

I guess most of us are saying that, like most things in life, JUDGMENT comes into play. I know you were just playing devil's advocate, so I will take your posts as just that. I agree that some discipline is appropriate, to detract future (and likely worse) incidents, if for no other reason. But, arrest and jail? That's just poor judgment.

True.

I think about it when my parents were in school. One story my father tells is when he got caught hellraising (quite a hellraiser... They even implicated him one time later and he was in Germany, in the Army! Came to the door and told my grandfather that they knew his son was up to no good. My Grandfather replied: "He is in the Army... In Germany!") and was called into the principal's office... The principal than asked my 10 year old father (1940's): "What size hose do you want me to beat you with?" And literally preceeded to point out a selection of hoses! :lol:

No wonder my father dropped out before high school...

:ph34r:

I wouldn't allow this so-called assistant principal the luxury of being simply guilty of poor judgment.

His level of analysis of a spontaneous situation arising from the actions of silly kids is inferior to the instincts of a juvenile cockroach.