Buying scalped tickets

catfish

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to scalp if you're going with 5 or 6 people and want to all sit next to each other?

probably not. Its not all bad sitting in dif places. You meet at 1/2time and switch. Its a good way to check out the stadium.

Odd #'s are sometimes tough. Don't fall for the "Their directly behind the others" without a map of the stadium.

Side note...I have scalped a single for myself only twice. 1. Willis' return 2. Jim Kellys last game vs Jacksonville Playoffs. Kinda cool, I sat next to a guy from Australia in for his first game. Makes for an interesting day sometimes.

So he doesn't get a cop who buys the tickets from him and then arrests him, I guess. I always got mine from the "I need tickets" guy.

They buy your extra tickets to sell. They need tickets to sell. But, you all knew that...right?

They all work together for all of the brokers.

The brokers purchase such large quantities of tickets, they can't usually sell all of them online. The tickets they don't sell online, they hire all of the guys you see at the stadium.

This is why they don't buy and sell from each other. The tickets all belong to the boss. They report back after the game, take their cut, and give the rest of the money to the ticket broker.

They all work together for all of the brokers.

The brokers purchase such large quantities of tickets, they can't usually sell all of them online. The tickets they don't sell online, they hire all of the guys you see at the stadium.

This is why they don't buy and sell from each other. The tickets all belong to the boss. They report back after the game, take their cut, and give the rest of the money to the ticket broker.

WHAT! The scalpers I know work for themselves.

I've scalped a bunch of tix before I got seasons last year (best move I've made since coming back to WNY). Never had a problem. I always went to the guys on Abbott Road, near the intersection right by the stadium. The ones further away from the stadium seemed a bit dodgy.

It was always my understatning that a "Need Tickets" sign means "Selling Tickets". "Selling" is "illegal" (or at lest it was) so don't advertise. I've never heard of scalping laws being enforced, but there's no reason to rub the cops' noses in it....

I scalped for the first time at the season opener and was actually surprised at how easy it was. I am not at all stereotyping but 9 out of the ten scalpers I met that fine sunday morning were all near homeless middle agedafrican american men. My question was and still is where and why do they have all those tickets. The guy I eventually bouhgt my tickets from was so high on crack it was fun to just push him around, this guy actually believed that I would walk a mile to a gas station with him. I poked him in the chest after he got loud with me when i refused and said look buddy you are going to bring me tickets back right here or your not making any money off of me and he siad okay Ill make like pizza hut, and he wa out and back in ten minutes with the seats I asked for. Other guys are fake I actually had tickets for that game when I arrived I just wanted to trade off because I have sat in those same seats way too many times and itwas time for a change. I saw this one guy pull out his tickets not knowing I allready had some and when I saw his I was like "wtf are those" and he quickly walked away and wouldnt even look back when me and my friends started ripping on him. These guys are low lifes and you do have to watch them just have somebody with you or check out somebody elses tickets so you know what they look like that day.

With the way you write, it look and sounds like YOU are the one high on crack, not the scalper.... :lol:

WHAT! The scalpers I know work for themselves.

I thought so to, Hammer. Even if some do work for the brokers, most of the scalpers you see out there BUY and sell. The brokers can't know what they are doing on the side.

I thought so to, Hammer. Even if some do work for the brokers, most of the scalpers you see out there BUY and sell. The brokers can't know what they are doing on the side.
Depends on what level you are talking about. Did alot of selling of my extra seasons at Abbott until I caught on to stubhub and got to see their operation in action.

There is a main guy who holds and coordinates things and a bunch of runners who are the hawkers. They buy if they see a sure deal and draw potentials to the holder. If you walk up Rt 20 towards the Lot 5 entrance you probably see the guy the rides the bike up and down. He is one of the runners for the guy at Abbott and the main crosswalk (by the scoreboard). The runners may also try to intimidate a vocal single seller (especially if you monitor their deal and offer to undercut them) but won't push it if they get any resistance. They will cut in on a single sellers deal with no reservations.

The main guy gets on his cell every once in a while to check other locations (I'm not sure if they are peers or subs). Will also make calls if someone ids looking for a special section to check the other guy's inventory. There was more than one main guy but they usually don't grab the same corner. Whether the mains are connected in some way I don't know. Looked basically like the same mo as dealing drugs at the corner with the hawk altered for the audience.

One thing to watch out for. Last year I sold once (guy couldn't make game and wanted to split selling price) and was chased off by the cops. Said that it was Bills property and could not sell there (even on the sidewalk?). Circled around and when the rollypoly who warned me saw me again got her other donut eating buddy and told me they would bust me if they saw me again. Sold them shortly after so I don't know if they actually do make arrests.

Depends on what level you are talking about. Did alot of selling of my extra seasons at Abbott until I caught on to stubhub and got to see their operation in action.

There is a main guy who holds and coordinates things and a bunch of runners who are the hawkers. They buy if they see a sure deal and draw potentials to the holder. If you walk up Rt 20 towards the Lot 5 entrance you probably see the guy the rides the bike up and down. He is one of the runners for the guy at Abbott and the main crosswalk (by the scoreboard). The runners may also try to intimidate a vocal single seller (especially if you monitor their deal and offer to undercut them) but won't push it if they get any resistance. They will cut in on a single sellers deal with no reservations.

The main guy gets on his cell every once in a while to check other locations (I'm not sure if they are peers or subs). Will also make calls if someone ids looking for a special section to check the other guy's inventory. There was more than one main guy but they usually don't grab the same corner. Whether the mains are connected in some way I don't know. Looked basically like the same mo as dealing drugs at the corner with the hawk altered for the audience.

One thing to watch out for. Last year I sold once (guy couldn't make game and wanted to split selling price) and was chased off by the cops. Said that it was Bills property and could not sell there (even on the sidewalk?). Circled around and when the rollypoly who warned me saw me again got her other donut eating buddy and told me they would bust me if they saw me again. Sold them shortly after so I don't know if they actually do make arrests.

Yes they do make arrests.

I always buy scalped tickets to most events. Never had a problem and usually get much better seats than I could have gotten online or through a broker. Always get the real seats and usually 10 minutes before kickoff. I have rarely paid more than 10-20 bucks over face. Doesn't matter if its the WS at Yankee Stadium, a Bruce concert at Shea or any Bills game (home or away) that I have attended. Most times, I will choose an away game and not even buy tickets until 10 minutes before the game.

Always have a seating chart with you.