Farewell Old Friend

ricojes

My first time at the Aud was in the late 60s when my dad took me to see wrestling. I remember the cloud of smoke above us because people were still allowed to smoke inside back then. Then I once saw a basketball double header; first game was the Harlem Globetrotters, then the second game was the Buffalo Braves vs Portland with Bill Walton. My last game at the Aud was sitting in the nosebleed orange seats to see the Sabres vs Flyers.

Why only 800 pairs of blue seats? I thought there were many more.

PTR

Probably because they waited so long to get the seats out and make them available for auction. Now the rest are dripping with mold, mildew, asbestos, rust....

Sounds like a pretty cool event, Link. A bonus for the out of towners attending the Monday night game...

I was driving by the Aud today and they are slowly dismantling the outside. It's an eye sore, but a lot of great memories...

Guy Trottier! Keke Mortenson! Randy Smith! Billy Dea! Dennis Hextall! Bob Kaufman! Larry Wilson! Ruby Pastor! Dolph Shayes! Jack Ramsey! Bruno Sammartino! Bobo Brazil! Ringling Bros. Circus! Calvin Murphy! Bob Lanier! The Courier Express!

Guy Trottier! Keke Mortenson! Randy Smith! Billy Dea! Dennis Hextall! Bob Kaufman! Larry Wilson! Ruby Pastor! Dolph Shayes! Jack Ramsey! Bruno Sammartino! Bobo Brazil! Ringling Bros. Circus! Calvin Murphy! Bob Lanier! The Courier Express!

And dont forget.. :rolleyes:

Zaa Frenge Connectshawn

Zaa Frenge Connectshawn

<_<

A friend and me bought tix at the Aud off a drunk Canadian kid - back then, it was 21 in Ontario and 18 in NYS. He asked for 20 apiece, we forked over a 50 and he couldn't figure the change out and handed us back the 50. It was the game against Montreal with the quick OT victory. What was that? 40 years ago? <_<

He sat next to us, armed with a pint of vodka to add to whatever he had in him. He pretty much passed out throughout the game, occassionally stirring to shout "Stooges!, stooges!" - never figured that out - and wanting some food and insisting that he buy for all. We took that, too.

He was totally dead after the 2nd period.

We hauled him out, put him in our car and checked him into some hotel on S. Elmwood (?) by Hutch Tech HS. We explained the situation to the night clerk, paid for his room - something like 30 bucks so we were well ahead - and took a piece of stationery and drew a "you are here - here is where you watched the hockey game - here is where your car is likely to be - here is where you are f :Drom" map, put his car keys on it, and left it in the room, filling the water glasses and placing the bath towels in easy reach.

I wonder what happened to the kid - to his credit, he never barfed that I know of.

Zaa Frenge Connectshawn

<_<

A friend and me bought tix at the Aud off a drunk Canadian kid - back then, it was 21 in Ontario and 18 in NYS. He asked for 20 apiece, we forked over a 50 and he couldn't figure the change out and handed us back the 50. It was the game against Montreal with the quick OT victory. What was that? 40 years ago? :wallbash:

He sat next to us, armed with a pint of vodka to add to whatever he had in him. He pretty much passed out throughout the game, occassionally stirring to shout "Stooges!, Stooges!" - never figured that out - and wanting some food and insisting that he buy for all. We took that, too.

We hauled him out, put him in our car and checked him into some hotel on S. Elmwood (?) by Hutch Tech HS. We explained the situation to the night clerk, paid for his room - something like 30 bucks so we were well ahead - and took a piece of stationery and drew a "you are here - here is where you watched the hockey game - here is where your car is likely to be - here is where you are from" map, put his car keys on it, and left it in the room, filling the water glasses and placing the bath towels in easy reach.

I wonder what happened to the kid - to his credit, he never barfed that I know of. <_<

<_<

A friend and me bought tix at the Aud off a drunk Canadian kid - back then, it was 21 in Ontario and 18 in NYS. He asked for 20 apiece, we forked over a 50 and he couldn't figure the change out and handed us back the 50. It was the game against Montreal with the quick OT victory. What was that? 40 years ago? :wallbash:

He sat next to us, armed with a pint of vodka to add to whatever he had in him. He pretty much passed out throughout the game, occassionally stirring to shout "Stooges!, Stooges!" - never figured that out - and wanting some food and insisting that he buy for all. We took that, too.

We hauled him out, put him in our car and checked him into some hotel on S. Elmwood (?) by Hutch Tech HS. We explained the situation to the night clerk, paid for his room - something like 30 bucks so we were well ahead - and took a piece of stationery and drew a "you are here - here is where you watched the hockey game - here is where your car is likely to be - here is where you are from" map, put his car keys on it, and left it in the room, filling the water glasses and placing the bath towels in easy reach.

I wonder what happened to the kid - to his credit, he never barfed that I know of. <_<

You see...I knew I liked you. What a real decent thing to do for someone.

:rolleyes: to you stuckincincy

You see...I knew I liked you. What a real decent thing to do for someone.

0:) to you stuckincincy

Thanks - that's kind of you to say. You too, Dante.

Depositing him in his car would have been a bad thing - he could have motored on and hurt himself or some innocent folks, or passed out and get mugged. Or worse for him personally - his car was a bench-seat sedan before headrests were common - he might have sat up and rolled back his head and aspirated his vomit. That can easily be a death sentence. We made sure the kid was lying on his belly when we bid him farewell.

If you are of the partyin' age, keep an eye out for folks with heads laid back over couches and chairs. Besides the choking hazard, gastric juices coursing into the lungs can make one go into spasm and shock. Who knows what happens then...

A vomiting tip:

Pinching the nose to stop spew from going up into the nasal passage works. Problem is, that can also drive stomach content into the lungs.

This happened to me. I fell first to my knees and then on my side on the floor, and for five minutes went through the extremely short breath routine, wondering if that was the end.

Consider the burning of the nasal passage as just punishment and don't get yourself into a very dicey circumstance. :lol: