Danger Zone Bush

RVJ

Sorry GW supporters...I can't take this guy. The sooner he's out the better.

At baseball stadiums in Fort Myers and Lakeland, Bush dazzled the crowd by landing his helicopter in the outfield to the theme music of the movie "Top Gun." The Jacksonville event closed with a fireworks display.

At baseball stadiums in Fort Myers and Lakeland, Bush dazzled the crowd by landing his helicopter in the outfield to the theme music of the movie "Top Gun." The Jacksonville event closed with a fireworks display.

FIREWORKS!!??!! The nerve of GWB! The gall!! The arrogance!!!!!!

If that isnt a reason to oust him, I dont know what is!!!!!

81938[/snapback]

Did they bring the "Mission Accomplished" banner?

Heck, I'd love to land somewhere in a helicopter with Danger Zone blaring in the speakers. Who wouldnt???? It's TOP GUN MAN. Come on. Some things just aren't political, they are iconic!

IceMan

81960[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. Pretty cool. I bet we could get laid. What do you think?

Heck, I'd love to land somewhere in a helicopter with Danger Zone blaring in the speakers. Who wouldnt???? It's TOP GUN MAN. Come on. Some things just aren't political, they are iconic!

IceMan

81960[/snapback]

LOL

If Bush was really blasting "Danger Zone" when he landed in his helicopter, I think that has to go down as one of the cooler things any President has done in recent memory. If he was wearing the gigantic 1980s Tom Cruise shades from that movie when he got off the helicopter, that puts it over the top and makes it the coolest thing hands down.

LOL

If Bush was really blasting "Danger Zone" when he landed in his helicopter, I think that has to go down as one of the cooler things any President has done in recent memory.  If he was wearing the gigantic 1980s Tom Cruise shades from that movie when he got off the helicopter, that puts it over the top and makes it the coolest thing hands down.

82193[/snapback]

What's really funny, is he could pull it off and Kerry would look like a dork trying. Not a political comment, but that's just the way it is.

Now NADER trying it...that would be something to see.

What? You mean you find Kerry's 5000 "I'm a normal guy, here I am trying to hunt or play sports" photo-ops unconvincing?

I've said it a few times: I don't know if I want Bush as President but I'd definitely want him in my family as the wacky uncle character. The Top Gun stunt is priceless. I hope he plays Danger Zone over the loudspeakers on Air Force One for the reporters when they're taking off.

IceMan

81960[/snapback]

Top Gun came out when I was in 3rd grade. My parents said I couldn't see it because I wasn't old enough. I bugged the stevestojan out of them for an entire year. Finally they gave in and rented it for my birthday, although they did fast forward through some parts. After that my childhood was all top gun. They bought me this top gun jacket and we even took a family vacation to the Naval Academy in Annapolis. My mom was a radio news reporter and I got to know the local congressmen pretty well. They were all for trying to get me in. You can imagine my heartbreak when I was told I needed glasses. (this was before laser eye surgery) I was crushed!

Top Gun came out when I was in 3rd grade.  My parents said I couldn't see it because I wasn't old enough.  I bugged the stevestojan out of them for an entire year.  Finally they gave in and rented it for my birthday, although they did fast forward through some parts.  After that my childhood was all top gun.  They bought me this top gun jacket and we even took a family vacation to the Naval Academy in Annapolis.  My mom was a radio news reporter and I got to know the local congressmen pretty well.  They were all for trying to get me in.  You can imagine my heartbreak when I was told I needed glasses.  (this was before laser eye surgery) I was crushed!

82214[/snapback]

Man, if you grew up in the 80's Top Gun is gospel. My goofy friends and I always gave ourselves the 'names' from the movie when we were playing sports or whatever. I never got to be Maverick, I always ended up being Merlin.....

Top Gun came out when I was in 3rd grade.  My parents said I couldn't see it because I wasn't old enough.  I bugged the stevestojan out of them for an entire year.  Finally they gave in and rented it for my birthday, although they did fast forward through some parts.  After that my childhood was all top gun.  They bought me this top gun jacket and we even took a family vacation to the Naval Academy in Annapolis.  My mom was a radio news reporter and I got to know the local congressmen pretty well.  They were all for trying to get me in.  You can imagine my heartbreak when I was told I needed glasses.  (this was before laser eye surgery) I was crushed!

82214[/snapback]

FWIW, back about 1974 I was going for the AF academy. I had been flying since I was 15. Same deal, wore glasses. I couldn't see any point in being an AF officer and not be in an F-4. Laser surgery came way too late.

S'OK, I've still had some interesting times. And Top Gun was some of the best brain popcorn for a few years. We're all adults now (well, maybe...) and I still hear the phrase "Nice Recovery, Mav" or "Talk to me, Goose". Became part of our culture.

FWIW, back about 1974 I was going for the AF academy. I had been flying since I was 15. Same deal, wore glasses. I couldn't see any point in being an AF officer and not be in an F-4. Laser surgery came way too late.

S'OK, I've still had some interesting times. And Top Gun was some of the best brain popcorn for a few years. We're all adults now (well, maybe...) and I still hear the phrase "Nice Recovery, Mav" or "Talk to me, Goose". Became part of our culture.

82237[/snapback]

When I was on active duty I took the AFAST (Army Flight Aptitude Screening Test) and came close to reenlisting to be a helicopter pilot. However, I fell in love with a pre-med student going to duke. I couldn't handle the thought of going to Korea for a year, then state side for a year. Doing that back and forth for the next 8 years. So I got out and dated the girl. Now I wish I stayed in. :doh:

When I was on active duty I took the AFAST (Army Flight Aptitude Screening Test) and came close to reenlisting to be a helicopter pilot.  However, I fell in love with a pre-med student going to duke.  I couldn't handle the thought of going to Korea for a year, then state side for a year.  Doing that back and forth for the next 8 years.  So I got out and dated the girl.  Now I wish I stayed in.  :doh:

83954[/snapback]

When I met Darlene I was alerted for Korea. Since I didn't have orders yet, I managed to manipulate the system somewhat because of the Gulf One confusion (everyone was pretty well just getting back from the sandbox, but stop loss was still in effect) and got Hawaii instead. There were poor bastards who pretty well went from the desert straight to Korea. She would have come over with me, but I couldn't see that as a smart way to start a marriage. Hawaii was much better. I was at the end anyway. Two year honeymoon, then retire.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
So what's wrong with a little bread and circuses?  Give the people what they want.  I say if the majority of Americans WANT that kind of stuff then they should have it.  It worked great for the Romans.

82363[/snapback]

I want to see Dick Cheney and John Edwards fight at the Circus Maximus!!!!!

Dom Deluise, honorary Caesar!!! :blush:

81938[/snapback]

Thats sounds like it must have been pretty kool. Wish I could have been there to see that.

By the way it beats the hell out of the typical kerry love fest where the theme is typically......"Things have never been this bad, and if they get worse we will allll dieeee"

FIREWORKS!!??!! The nerve of GWB! The gall!! The arrogance!!!!!!

If that isnt a reason to oust him, I dont know what is!!!!!

81945[/snapback]

You have to recognize this kind of thing for the propaganda that it is. The silly thing is, it isn't even very new. Landing by helicopter and wearing a flight suit is the same reason Mao always appeared in his peasant pajamas and why Castro wore his rebel fatigues for so long. And yes, the left does it as well. Kerry hunting with bloodieds hands, Bush in jeans clearing brush at the ranch, its all moron food designed to give us the warm and fuzzies. A more accurate picture of both of these guys would be of them chewing out a servant because the quiche was runny or the hedges trimmed a centimeter too low.