I emailed Mark Cuban. He replied.

Lv-Bills

WRONG. The Bucs owner also happens to Manchester United and is trying to purchase the Montreal Canadians too. So....WRONG.

Well after researching what I believed to be the rule, and to expand on it, the owner of an NFL team can not own a sports team (except soccer teams and Arena football teams) in other NFL cities. Marc Cuban owning the Dallas Mavericks would prevent him from owning the Bills.

Well after researching what I believed to be the rule, and to expand on it, the owner of an NFL team can not own a sports team (except soccer teams and Arena football teams) in other NFL cities. Marc Cuban owning the Dallas Mavericks would prevent him from owning the Bills.

Link?

Do you have a link or a source you're citing? I still believe you're stating something as fact that is not correct.

Read this.

It's about the Glazer's attempts to buy the Dodgers. It's ok for an NFL team owner to buy another team in another sport it's just very complicated.

MLB has no rules regarding cross-ownership. The NFL does, permitting an owner to own another sports franchise only if it is in the same city as the NFL team or in a city that is not considered a potential NFL market. Los Angeles, which has been without an NFL team since 1994, is considered the top site for relocation.

What group?

Bingo. Besides, Cuban is a small townish guy. He loves Pittsburgh and tried to buy the Pirates for gods sake. Anywho......anyone here would be for Jim Kelly and his "group". But, does that "group" really exist.

I hope so.

What group?

Kelly has quietly been assembling a group of people to buy the Bills. This is how it's done in some situations. Since so few owners have billion dollars to cough up they arrange a group of owners and the lead guy owns the majority of the team and can buy off the minority owners over time.

What's been done here is to invite another guy who could come up with the money on his own and may be more attractive to NFL owners.

Bingo. Besides, Cuban is a small townish guy. He loves Pittsburgh and tried to buy the Pirates for gods sake. Anywho......anyone here would be for Jim Kelly and his "group". But, does that "group" really exist.

I hope so.

Link

Kelly, a Hall of Famer, says he is interested in being part of a future ownership team. Said Kelly, "Yes, I do have people that I know that are very interested in being a part of this. My home is now in Buffalo New York."

Link

February 6, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:17 PM

THURMAN ON BILLS FUTURE: In attendance at the press conference in Toronto today, Thurman Thomas was asked about Jim Kelly's public statements about having an interest in buying the team and keeping it in Buffalo and whether he would support Kelly's efforts. Here was his response.

“Jim and I have been real good friends for a long period of time," said Thomas. "I think whatever Jim has said has some value to it. We would do whatever we possibly could to keep the team in Buffalo. But that’s down the road. At least the Bills fans feel good enough for the next five years they’re going to be in Buffalo. If it works out really well we’ll probably see them extend it and still come up here.”