I can't believe how much the AFC picture has changed

1billsfan

Pats are clearly done. Colts look very bad. Chargers, Jags, Steelers look shaky and the Bills, Broncos and Titans all look very much ready to take their places as AFC playoff participants.

I'm still shaking my head at what has transpired in such a short amount of time. One question remains though...If the Bills stay on this course, what the heck are we all going to argue about here? :flirt:

Pats are clearly done. Colts look very bad. Chargers, Jags, Steelers look shaky and the Bills, Broncos and Titans all look very much ready to take their places as AFC playoff participants.

I'm still shaking my head at what has transpired in such a short amount of time. One question remains though...If the Bills stay on this course, what the heck are we all going to argue about here? :flirt:

This team still has a lot of improving to do. We almost choked againt a team that should have been a walk over. We still pulled out the win that is great for us. But to see we are a powerhouse in the AFC is an OVERSTATEMENT at the moment. The Bills have won 3 in a row not all pretty the only unit that has looked consistently good is the Defense which is currently ranked 5th in the NFL that is a big climb from 30th last season. They have amde the big plays and big stops when needed and has not allowed a 100 yd rusher to date. Special teams has always been a highlight and they are up and down,

The offense has made up for their inefficiencies in the 4th qtr what we need them to do is come out blazing and improve their third down %.

We are 3-0 and if we improve our gameplan we should be 4-0 after sunday hopefully this is the case but no matter what as a fan who has watched this team lose way too much over the years its nice to see them undefeated after three. Still they are getting no respect yet and even though the comeback was great the experts still view it as a game we almost let slip away that should have been an easy trouncing.

This team still has a lot of improving to do. We almost choked againt a team that should have been a walk over. We still pulled out the win that is great for us. But to see we are a powerhouse in the AFC is an OVERSTATEMENT at the moment. The Bills have won 3 in a row not all pretty the only unit that has looked consistently good is the Defense which is currently ranked 5th in the NFL that is a big climb from 30th last season. They have amde the big plays and big stops when needed and has not allowed a 100 yd rusher to date. Special teams has always been a highlight and they are up and down,

The offense has made up for their inefficiencies in the 4th qtr what we need them to do is come out blazing and improve their third down %.

We are 3-0 and if we improve our gameplan we should be 4-0 after sunday hopefully this is the case but no matter what as a fan who has watched this team lose way too much over the years its nice to see them undefeated after three. Still they are getting no respect yet and even though the comeback was great the experts still view it as a game we almost let slip away that should have been an easy trouncing.

I think you're characterization of the Raiders as being a "walk over" or an "easy trouncing" is false to begin with. I don't know about you but I saw a talented Raider team that appears to have been underrated this season. That's a team that can give anyone in this league a run for their money with their defense and running game. There was a reason why the Bills were having a tough time and it wasn't all just because of them not playing hard enough.

I never said the Bills were a powerhouse right now either. I only said they appear very much ready to take the falling AFC team's place. This team is playing light years ahead of last season's team.

Were the Pats clearly done when we beat them 31-0?

They're one game behind us. That's it. And if they beat us, they'll be ahead of us with the tiebreaker.

Were the Pats clearly done when we beat them 31-0?

They're one game behind us. That's it. And if they beat us, they'll be ahead of us with the tiebreaker.

They're done. Once Brady went out for the season I thought they were toast. Yesterday's game only cemented my opinion. Those guys have no clue what to do without Brady. I think the Jets will be our toughest competition for the division title. I predict the Jets will beat the Chargers tonight as well.

I don't believe I've ever encountered a poster who is more what-have-you-done-for-me-lately than 1billsfan.

Not even a quarter of the season is over. Have you ever heard the phrase "it's a marathon, not a sprint?"

Did anyone think the P*ts with Cassel would go 16-0? Now they're "done" because they played a motivated Miami team who threw them a few wrinkles? The Colts have not looked good but could just as easily be 2-1. The Jags, with a couple of bounces, could be 3-0. The Chargers have actually played very well.

Denver, despite their 3-0 record, is playing crappy defense. Tennessee is winning with a backup (and old) QB. Everything can (and probably will) change.

Patience. Just enjoy the ride.

I don't believe I've ever encountered a poster who is more what-have-you-done-for-me-lately than 1billsfan.

Not even a quarter of the season is over. Have you ever heard the phrase "it's a marathon, not a sprint?"

Did anyone think the P*ts with Cassel would go 16-0? Now they're "done" because they played a motivated Miami team who threw them a few wrinkles? The Colts have not looked good but could just as easily be 2-1. The Jags, with a couple of bounces, could be 3-0. The Chargers have actually played very well.

Denver, despite their 3-0 record, is playing crappy defense. Tennessee is winning with a backup (and old) QB. Everything can (and probably will) change.

I agree, we should enjoy the ride. It's been 16 years since we were 3-0, so have fun and enjoy it.

Yes, our team can use some fine tuning, but we're winning and that's all that matters.

So angry, yet you tell others to enjoy the ride? You're too funny.

I've got news for you eball. The Bills are going to soon be 4-0 and you will be seeing many many more and much bolder predictions than what I've given up here.

So angry, yet you tell others to enjoy the ride? You're too funny.

I've got news for you eball. The Bills are going to soon be 4-0 and you will be seeing many many more and much bolder predictions than what I've given up here.

Who's angry? You're Mr. which-way-is-the-wind-blowing-today. It's a wonder you aren't constantly at the ER from kneeing yourself in the jaw week after week.

As you pointed out, the Patriots aren't nearly as bad as they appeared to have been against the Dolphins. I expect them to bounce back with a significantly higher level of play, and to win many of their upcoming games.

That said, they're clearly not the same team they were last year. They have too many old guys, and the absence of Brady doesn't help at all.

I'm optimistic about the Bills, but they still have a lot to prove before they can be considered one of the powerhouses in the AFC. On the other hand, there are significant question marks about any other would-be AFC powerhouses. With Marvin "drafted the same year as Eric Moulds" Harrison getting on in years, and with its offensive line problems, Indy's offense isn't what it used to be. New England has taken a step backwards from last year. San Diego seems weaker this year than it had in times past. Jacksonville is a good team, but as we saw last week they can be beaten.

Not just this division, but the entire conference seems ripe for the taking. All the Bills have to do is play their best football, and not get dominated as they did for much of the game against the Raiders.

Who's angry? You're Mr. which-way-is-the-wind-blowing-today. It's a wonder you aren't constantly at the ER from kneeing yourself in the jaw week after week.

Sorry, but you're one of the angriest posters here with fans you have disagreements with. As for your description of me, you couldn't be more wrong. I stay with my opinions until proven wrong. I was wrong on Losman being the better QB for this team, an opinion I stayed looooong after it was politically correct to do so here. I took a huge dose of punishment from those opinions but never did I switch to avoid the slings and arrows. It wasn't until the Pitt preseason game that I "saw the light", so to speak.

Also, never did I waver on Jauron's conservative approach killing this team and him needing to change or get lost. I was railing against this approach after the second game of the 2007 season. I was spot on with that opinion. Jauron clearly has changed his approach and the Bills are a completely different and successful team in doing so.

But don't let that get in the way of your angry replies to my posts. Come on, serve up some more of your cute quips eball. Release the anger dude and enjoy the ride. As you kids like to say, it's all good baby! :rolleyes:

I'm still shaking my head at what has transpired in such a short amount of time. One question remains though...If the Bills stay on this course, what the heck are we all going to argue about here? :rolleyes:

Pats defense can still keep them in games. This one was an abberation that not even Belichick's covert video goons could sniff out. Cassel probably won't be able to pull a win out of his behind if his team is behind. At least not this early in the season. Perhaps late in the season "if" he improves. Post game Belichick looked like he came to school, forgot it was finals and got beat up by the librarian's assistant. NE was totally unprepared for My Yami's Wildcat scheme. Any other team would have been too.

Rusty Manning and lack of Bob Sanders hurts ponies early in the season. They will be back to form by mid year, Manning will shake off rust and Dungy is that good of a head coach.

Chargers and Steelers will bounce back. Except for "The Curse of Head Coach Named Norv". No one escapes that mojo. Just ask his former teams.

Bronco D is allowing way too many points. Can't expect the Bronco O to keep compensating for that.

Neither Vince Young or Kerry Collins is going to take the Titans past the 1st round of playoffs, if that.

Sparano is going to have My Yami playing better than last year; he just matched last year's win record by the 3rd game. If he keeps the two headed running back Rickyron Williamsbrown working like yesterday they will have a solid running game to offset no receivers for Pennington to throw to. Loss of Taylor and Thomas not as disasterous as previously thought.

Brett the Jet will win a few games with aerial heroics, but by the end of the year will call it quits and wonder why he came back to play his farewell tour in front of a bunch of strangers and not even make the playoffs.

Now for something to argue about: What do Bills need to do to in order to stop needing 4th quarter heart-stopping comebacks?

One thing I do have to say is the titans are a much better team without vince young so that is poor example. Anyone, and i mean anyone, who thinks/thought vince young has performed well in the NFL (besides his career game against the bills...) is an idiot. Vince young sucked his rookie season, had a sucky sophomore season, and sucked while he played this season. There is a reason he won't start even when he is healthy.

One thing to keep in mind, the NFL is a league where truly one team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. I hope it doesn't happen but the Rams could end up beating the Bills on Sunday and it would not be Earth-shattering.

One thing to keep in mind, the NFL is a league where truly one team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. I hope it doesn't happen but the Rams could end up beating the Bills on Sunday and it would not be Earth-shattering.

And as we saw yesterday against the Raiders, it is very dangerous when a young team is "supposed" to win. After a decade of being the underdog, the Bills played the first half like they could just show up and beat the Raiders. That's not true of any team in the NFL. Thankfully the Bills were able to squeak out a win, and (hopefully) learn a lesson about playing as a decided favorite. Just because Vegas thinks you will win by two scores doesn't mean you can unbuckle your chinstrap and coast to victory.

It's a good lesson to learn before the Rams game, where the Bills will likely be 8-9 point favorites again.

They're done. Once Brady went out for the season I thought they were toast. Yesterday's game only cemented my opinion. Those guys have no clue what to do without Brady. I think the Jets will be our toughest competition for the division title. I predict the Jets will beat the Chargers tonight as well.

Good call. You're on top of your game.