Was the reffing as bad as I thought......

AnthonyF

Sorry, but you being at the game means your opinion should count less, not more. I'll take the opinion of the guy who saw it in slow motion in high definition from three angles every time. Having been that guy, I can say with absolute certainty that the PI call was horrible. Evans basically swatted the DBs hands away from his face. Very little contact, no push at all. BAD CALL.

The official is right on the scene, and sees the play up close and personal, yet they go to a replay to review the play. Many times, what I absolutely know is true, having seen it in person at the game, I discover is totally wrong, after viewing a good, HD replay.

A taunting call to offset unnecessary roughness? An ejection on the FIRST personal foul? I think a couple of calls went our way.

Hey, maybe next week if we have one of our guys punch a guy in the face, with his hand in such a way as to try to fit inside the facemask, the refs will jsut give our offense a possesion on the 12 yard line and we can score a touchdown. Doesn't seem very even. The reffs gave them seven points, then on the next possesion took away a huge play for us. Go to NFL.com and watch the vids, theres a great look at the "interception". Evans catches it, lands on the ground, then Hall strips it. That needs to be adressed by the NFL.

A taunting call to offset unnecessary roughness? An ejection on the FIRST personal foul? I think a couple of calls went our way.

Punching is an automatic ejection. That is not, simply, a PF.

Sorry, but you being at the game means your opinion should count less, not more. I'll take the opinion of the guy who saw it in slow motion in high definition from three angles every time. Having been that guy, I can say with absolute certainty that the PI call was horrible. Evans basically swatted the DBs hands away from his face. Very little contact, no push at all. BAD CALL.

Sorry-You're wrong. I was at the game & I saw the play from the endzone that the ball was thrown towards. I saw the pushoff & as soon as the flag was thrown I told Petrino that it's on Evans. I also watched the replays on the scoreboard-the same ones you saw on your tv. Whoever was manning the cameras missed the play. The timing and angles occurred AFTER Evans had pushed off. So if you're at the stadium and you're watching Evans, you see the entire play. If you're just watching the replay, the replay starts too late for you to see the obvious push off that gained Evans the separation. I had to explain to the people around me who weren't paying close attention to the full play, that the camera didn't show the pushoff. Clearly the conclusion you drew from the replay was the correct conclusion from what was shown. However what was shown didn't include the infraction. So please don't say being at the game counts less-we see more than you do, see what you do on the scoreboard replay & don't have to rely on a late camera to draw a conclusion.

Sorry-You're wrong. I was at the game & I saw the play from the endzone that the ball was thrown towards. I saw the pushoff & as soon as the flag was thrown I told Petrino that it's on Evans. I also watched the replays on the scoreboard-the same ones you saw on your tv. Whoever was manning the cameras missed the play. The timing and angles occurred AFTER Evans had pushed off. So if you're at the stadium and you're watching Evans, you see the entire play. If you're just watching the replay, the replay starts too late for you to see the obvious push off that gained Evans the separation. I had to explain to the people around me who weren't paying close attention to the full play, that the camera didn't show the pushoff. Clearly the conclusion you drew from the replay was the correct conclusion from what was shown. However what was shown didn't include the infraction. So please don't say being at the game counts less-we see more than you do, see what you do on the scoreboard replay & don't have to rely on a late camera to draw a conclusion.

I can't argue with what you saw. The replay I saw showed nothing. Now, maybe it happened before what I saw on the replay, but if that is the case, I have to believe the ball was not in the air, at the time. The replay I saw showed a good bit of the route.

On that INT with Evans and Hall........Evans never really had total control of the ball and the ball never touched the ground. I think it was the right call. Evans had a poor game today. 2 turnovers, and that offensive pass interference.

what 2 turnovers did evans have? i knew he had a fumble. did he have 2 fumbles?

Dean, I was at the game play happen right in front of me. Evans pushed off. Replay didnt cleary show the entire play with him. Evans had his hand on the defender and proceeded to extend his arm to create seperation. As soon as he did it I said thats offensive pass interference and that was before the ref threw the flag.

Did you say it so loud that the ref could here ya? Hope not. I've seen a lot more stuff like that not called

What happened with the play where PI was called on the play where the pass went off a Raider helmet? It seemed the Raiders were not going to challenge and we lined up to run a play and then the whistle blew. Nothing happened, we lined up again and whistle blew and Raiders threw red flag. Anyone one know what the first stoppage was?

that pass should have either not been thrown or thrown further away from the defender imo

Thats what I though about Troy Aikman when he through the ball right at JD WIlliams in Super Bowl 27 only to have his great wr Michael Irvin rip it away for a touchdown...Qb's put the ball out there for there wr's to make plays..

Thats what I though about Troy Aikman when he through the ball right at JD WIlliams in Super Bowl 27 only to have his great wr Michael Irvin rip it away for a touchdown...Qb's put the ball out there for there wr's to make plays..

JD Williams was a steaming pile of turd, D-lo Hall is an overrated CB that makes plays.