Patriot futility

generaLee83

-The easy answer is that the Patriots are lost without Tom Brady and are completely ineffective.

-or-

-Does anyone at all think that the Patriots may be playing so poorly because of the implementation of the defensive headset and have major trouble when they aren't aware of the upcoming defensive play? One has to think after last years spygate debacle that opposing teams have also changed all signals/code names/etc on all plays that are given now over the air through headsets.

They look way way to sucky for it to be just one player.

-Does anyone at all think that the Patriots may be playing so poorly because of the implementation of the defensive headset and have major trouble when they aren't aware of the upcoming defensive play? One has to think after last years spygate debacle that opposing teams have also changed all signals/code names/etc on all plays that are given now over the air through headsets.

I do.

Also, its just one game, we can't declare the pats as bad yet.

-The easy answer is that the Patriots are lost without Tom Brady and are completely ineffective.

-or-

it's because they're getting old and reality is having the best player in the league in the most important position concealed how much rot was going on wit them.

I believe this may be partially true. I was very interested to see how they would do this year without prior knowledge of the defenses. I think that even with Brady they would have been more beatable this season. The good news is, they can have Brady start practicing soon even though he is on the IR.

it's because they're getting old and reality is having the best player in the league in the most important position concealed how much rot was going on wit them.

I agree. I think it's even more obvious what a weakness their secondary is. S Rodney Harrison's best days are waaaay behind him. It hurt them to lose Asante Samuel to free agency. Who is their shut down corner now? Ellis Hobbs? Wow.

Their linebacking corp is getting long in the tooth too. They did address that in the draft by picking Jerrod Mayo from Tennessee, but check out the ages of other LBers: Mike Vrabel 33, Tedy Bruschi 35, Larry Izzo, 34. Adalius Thomas is still a stud at 31, but the rest of their linebackers under the age of 30 are guys you never heard of before. Special teams fodder.

It wasn't just the Patriots who played bad. The Dolphins looked really good both running and passing (short range and in the middle of the field, where Pennington does his best work). Lets hope it's just a fluke and hope the Dolphins return to their old self after today.

I agree. I think it's even more obvious what a weakness their secondary is. S Rodney Harrison's best days are waaaay behind him. It hurt them to lose Asante Samuel to free agency. Who is their shut down corner now? Ellis Hobbs? Wow.

Their linebacking corp is getting long in the tooth too. They did address that in the draft by picking Jerrod Mayo from Tennessee, but check out the ages of other LBers: Mike Vrabel 33, Tedy Bruschi 35, Larry Izzo, 34. Adalius Thomas is still a stud at 31, but the rest of their linebackers under the age of 30 are guys you never heard of before. Special teams fodder.

yeah and theyre very weak at rb. maroney never was a #1 back and was at best a kick returner who could spell a true starting RB. lamont jordan as the best RB on your team isn't the answer. just ask raiders. and that oline was exposed in the super bowl and also appears to be rotting along w/ defense. i like moss, watson and welker on their offense now, and thats it