Patriot futility

generaLee83

ask yourself would brady really have made so much a difference they would have won? would brady have made the defense play better in stopping the 6 direct snaps that crushed them? i have my doubts given how dominated they were all over of the field on both sides of the ball

What I think we'll see is that having Brady at the helm had an enormous impact on the team's play overall.

Confidence in their ability to overcome any obstacle and find ways to win was prevalent on the team w Brady. And quite honestly, I think last year many teams that paired up against NE were psyched into believing they could not win even before the first snap. All that is slipping away now. Opponents smell blood and are circling like sharks. I don't think NE is going to go down the tubes, but they are definately going to have to learn what it means to go toe to toe this year if they are going to do well.

Simple:

1) They can't cheat anymore.

2) Brady is out: HOWEVER, even if Brady was healthy, he wouldn't have been playing defense for the Pats, so #1 is probably more of a factor.

3) Belicheat's career has been made due to Brady. He should have been cutting Brady checks over all these years for making him look so good. Now we are seeing the same coach who coached the Browns.

it's because they're getting old and reality is having the best player in the league in the most important position concealed how much rot was going on wit them.

The Patriots aren't nearly as bad as they looked against the Dolphins. That said, I completely agree with your post. There are too many old guys on that roster in too many starting positions. You could start to see cracks in their armor late last season, and those cracks seemed to get a little bigger in the Super Bowl. They're trying to rebuild on the fly with guys like Mayo. But over the next year or two, I think they'll lose a lot more talent to aging players hitting the wall than they'll gain from the draft.

Meanwhile, the Bills are a young, talented team that has yet to reach its full potential. There are still some weaknesses, as we saw today. But one good draft could address a lot of those weaknesses. I think that we're looking at the potential for the changing of the guard in the AFC East, and not just for this year.