Jason Peters

itaos

I get to see Jason Peters every Sunday night. He travels with a group of idiots who are incredibily disrespectful and he is the leader. Having the job I have has changed my opinion on professional athletes more than you will ever know. To the point though, he looks heavier than last year. When I'd see him last year, we'd all remark about how the other offensive lineman just looked like big fat guys. You couldn't really say that about Peters. Now you can. He's gotten thicker and lost alot of the tone he used to have in his upper body.

fwiw

Nice. Which glory hole is it? I'll stop by sometime. I have respect for all the shemales that I come across.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! So is Jason Peters our new offensive whipping boy? Move over Josh Reed, there is a new Sheriff in town!

We all know Jason is a very good tackle.

However, when you sit out all of camp, miss the first game and then let speed rushers make you look bad in 2 consecutive games in pass protection you draw a certain amount of ire.

In the end, Jason has only hurt himself...and maybe Trent if he allows more blindside hits.

Tired of these posts. If anyone thinks he would be pro bowl caliber 2 games in is stupid.

That is the whole point.... If he didn't sit out he would be or should be.

Right now he is not worth a top 5 LT contract the way he is playing.

Sorry. No one was making those excuses when certain posters were calling Peters the "best player on the team" and predicting certain death for Edwards if Walker started at LT. Two games in and every hard hit Edwards has taken came from Peters getting beaten like an old rug. I'm sure he will get back to form eventually, but right now he's not looking very Pro Bowl-esque.

PTR

Really, "every hard hit"?

And that sack inside the 5 in J'ville when he got blasted from the inside, was that not a "hard hit"?

I am not sure which sacks you are talking about yesterday but there was one where the whole right side caved in and Trent took off to the left, running right into Peters' guy who got the sack but not because Peters blew the block.

Wouldn't it be fair to also cover plays where he made key blocks? On Lynch's first TD, he pulled to the left and was the lead blocker on the sweep. He put the CB on the ground giving Marshawn just enough room to turn the corner for home.

No doubt he is rusty but considering the lack of practice, he is doing pretty good. Too bad they wouldn't negotiate with him to get him in to camp. As I have said many times, what you are seeing is the cost of his holdout to the team. The cost to him so far? Zip.

Jauron said today (just heard on WGR) that "Jason had a couple bad plays but other than that he played dominant football." The last quarter he was dominant. On both rushing TDs he was dominant. On numerous other plays during the game he was dominant. What Jauron said was true. He did get beat too many times, when zero is what you want out of your LT. He made one bad play which hurt us, and it caused a fumble which led to three points. But it's a flat lie to say he sucked the whole game. He got beat bad once, (twice if you want to count a play two other guys got beat faster and worse which caused Trent to turn blindly into Peters man), he got beat a few other plays that caused Trent to have to step away or pass quicker than he wanted to. But he made numerous terrific blocks that resulted in big yardage, he was personally responsible for the open field Marshawn had on his first TD, he blew his man far into the endzone on the second TD, and pretty much the entire fourth quarter, when we needed him, when the rest of the team got going, when the game was on the line, he was excellent.

No doubt he is rusty but considering the lack of practice, he is doing pretty good. Too bad they wouldn't negotiate with him to get him in to camp. As I have said many times, what you are seeing is the cost of his holdout to the team. The cost to him so far? Zip.

So, the cost to him is zip? No negative impact on making the pro bowl this year, nor to any contract negotiations that might be taking place? What world are you living in?

Jauron said today (just heard on WGR) that "Jason had a couple bad plays but other than that he played dominant football." The last quarter he was dominant. On both rushing TDs he was dominant. On numerous other plays during the game he was dominant. What Jauron said was true. He did get beat too many times, when zero is what you want out of your LT. He made one bad play which hurt us, and it caused a fumble which led to three points. But it's a flat lie to say he sucked the whole game. He got beat bad once, (twice if you want to count a play two other guys got beat faster and worse which caused Trent to turn blindly into Peters man), he got beat a few other plays that caused Trent to have to step away or pass quicker than he wanted to. But he made numerous terrific blocks that resulted in big yardage, he was personally responsible for the open field Marshawn had on his first TD, he blew his man far into the endzone on the second TD, and pretty much the entire fourth quarter, when we needed him, when the rest of the team got going, when the game was on the line, he was excellent.

I agree with that mostly kelly but my problem is with the way he's getting beat. Against Jax the DE took a speed rush around the outside and had a big clear shot on Trent Edwards. It's one thing to have a guy beat you but to not touch a defensive end running around you isn't acceptable. What if Trent gets hurt on that play and we go on to watch 14 weeks of Losman ball? Again, he got blown up this week on two plays that I counted. Plays that he really needs to make aren't being made.

To the point that he made plays when he needed to, the Bills were lucky that it was Oakland. They make the types of mistakes they made this week against half the teams in the league and they lose. I'm not willing to excuse 3 bad quarters of football just because he showed up for 2 series.

Further, Jauron isn't going to tell you that Jason played bad. He's the most vanilla coach in the league. What's he supposed to say? 'yeah, Jason reported in bad shape and hasn't been able to be the dominant player we anticipated.'? Jauron is a player's coach and has had that reputation for years.

Bottomline: Jason isn't playing dominating football and I don't need a coach to tell me he is. Yes, he's made some good blocks at critical times that have helped. He's also been beaten extremely bad a few times which is ok for an average to good Offensive Linemen. That just isn't what he thinks he is though. If this is the level of play we get from Jason this year, I would not renegotiate his contract.

I agree with that mostly kelly but my problem is with the way he's getting beat. Against Jax the DE took a speed rush around the outside and had a big clear shot on Trent Edwards. It's one thing to have a guy beat you but to not touch a defensive end running around you isn't acceptable. What if Trent gets hurt on that play and we go on to watch 14 weeks of Losman ball? Again, he got blown up this week on two plays that I counted. Plays that he really needs to make aren't being made.

Further, Jauron isn't going to tell you that Jason played bad. He's the most vanilla coach in the league. What's he supposed to say? 'yeah, Jason reported in bad shape and hasn't been able to be the dominant player we anticipated.'? Jauron is a player's coach and has had that reputation for years.

Bottomline: Jason isn't playing dominating football and I don't need a coach to tell me he is. Yes, he's made some good blocks at critical times that have helped. He's also been beaten extremely bad a few times which is ok for an average to good Offensive Linemen. That just isn't what he thinks he is though. If this is the level of play we get from Jason this year, I would not renegotiate his contract.

No, IMO, because he is low key, Jauron says players " are really good", or "good", sometimes he says very good, or played very well. I don't hear him use terms like dominant for a player very often, which is a strong word. He seemed to go out of his way to say it.

I agree with you he should NOT get beat like that once. If he does, it's a terrible play. But for people to say he played terrible the entire game, or he is lousy, is further away from the truth than to say he had a great day. There were 72 offensive plays the Bills ran. He missed a couple of them on the bench because he got beat bad that one play, and he got beat by his man a few other noticeable plays. He didn't get much push on some running plays. But there were many more plays that he was dominant than he got outplayed. People don't really watch the line much it seems, and when the end comes rushing more than once a game they say, without watching or knowing or giving any credit to the dozens of plays he dominated, that he was terrible.

I personally think he had a bad game overall for HIM, too, because a lot of games he makes virtually no mistakes.

Oh, and Oakland is good on defense. They have been for years.

Really, "every hard hit"?

And that sack inside the 5 in J'ville when he got blasted from the inside, was that not a "hard hit"?

I am not sure which sacks you are talking about yesterday but there was one where the whole right side caved in and Trent took off to the left, running right into Peters' guy who got the sack but not because Peters blew the block.

Wouldn't it be fair to also cover plays where he made key blocks? On Lynch's first TD, he pulled to the left and was the lead blocker on the sweep. He put the CB on the ground giving Marshawn just enough room to turn the corner for home.

What a great team concept.

No, IMO, because he is low key, Jauron says players " are really good", or "good", sometimes he says very good, or played very well. I don't hear him use terms like dominant for a player very often, which is a strong word. He seemed to go out of his way to say it.

I agree with you he should NOT get beat like that once. If he does, it's a terrible play. But for people to say he played terrible the entire game, or he is lousy, is further away from the truth than to say he had a great day. There were 72 offensive plays the Bills ran. He missed a couple of them on the bench because he got beat bad that one play, and he got beat by his man a few other noticeable plays. He didn't get much push on some running plays. But there were many more plays that he was dominant than he got outplayed. People don't really watch the line much it seems, and when the end comes rushing more than once a game they say, without watching or knowing or giving any credit to the dozens of plays he dominated, that he was terrible.

I personally think he had a bad game overall for HIM, too, because a lot of games he makes virtually no mistakes.

Kelly, in all fairness, Jason wants to be considered a Pro Bowl talent. In fact, that's why he sat out. Jason is the one who brought the attention to himself.

He sat out OTAs.

He sat out training camp.

Said he wasn't being paid like a Pro Bowl tackle (in so many words).

And in two consecutive weeks, his play has resulted in fumbles and sacks.

So, Jason brought the critical attention on himself. Now he's just reaping the rewards.

I myself am still ticked off he skipped all of OTAs and camp. If Jason ends up getting less money than he thought, I'll laugh at his and Eugene's short-sighted moves. Afterall, you can't command Pro-Bowl $$$ if you end up not going to the Pro Bowl, right?

I agree with that 100%.