TRENT EDWARDS

RayFinkle

Because of Trent's poor throwing mechanics it will be difficult for him to EVER throw the deep ball, I mean more than 35 yards in the air. The longer his ball is in the air the more it floats and that is a bad thing. For this team to be proficient on offense they need to run the ball and in order to run the ball Buffalo somehow needs to get the defense to stop stacking the line and in order to do that Trent needs to throw deep on occasion to keep the defense honest. I predict in the coming weeks things will get increasingly tougher for Trent now that he has been somewhat exposed by the Raiders.

Dan Fouts said that TE's mechanics are perfect. I wonder just how far TE can throw the ball accuractly?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you :rolleyes: i wonder sometimes if people actually watch these games

The Raiders pulled back on the blitzing in the fourth quarter. I can't help it if some of you can't see that. They didn't abandon it completely, but it was nowhere near as often as it was in the first three quarters.

Read about it here since you couldn't see it on TV.

The Raiders defense backed off on the blitzes that frustrated and hurried Edwards for most of the game and relied upon a scheme that forced the Bills to string together a number of plays on time-consuming drives.

No problem. Edwards completed only 10 of 21 passes for 96 yards before the final play of the third quarter. From that point on, he completed 14 of 18 for 183 yards and his only touchdown.

"Big," Bills wide receiver Lee Evans said of his team's offensive turnaround. "You see three quarters of us not really doing anything and then coming through in the fourth quarters with those two drives. It's unbelievable."

Twelve of Edwards' final 14 completions netted first downs. One other resulted in a touchdown that pulled the Bills within 23-21.

Edwards all but thanked Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan for calling off the dogs and giving him ample time to set up in the pocket and wait for a receiver to break free time and again.

"They weren't bringing their pressure because they wanted to sit in coverage a little bit," Edwards said. "So, they kind of settled down a little bit, and we were able to hit some throws and get the ball down the field."

I really enjoyed seeing that after finishing the big second to last drive to bring it within two, Trent sat down for a moment to regain composure and have a "sigh of relief" but got right back up again and was walking the sideline keeping his guys pumped.

The guy's just a winner, he makes it happen. He has the fighting spirit, at a position where that is perhaps more important than raw skill.

The last time we saw this in Buffalo was with Flutie.

I have a great feeling about Trent and him leading our team into the present and future. He does indeed have that "IT" factor. I'm not really sure what to say other than when the games on the line Trent will not lose the game and if we are down and theres a way to win Trent will find it.

Guest dog14787
Yep, for 3 qtrs the Raiders were playing Trent correctly and he basically couldn't do anything. Then they went to the Prevent(you from winning). The rest of the league will take notice of how the Raiders played him, then it will be up to Trent and Turk to adjust.

Because of Trent's poor throwing mechanics it will be difficult for him to EVER throw the deep ball, I mean more than 35 yards in the air. The longer his ball is in the air the more it floats and that is a bad thing. For this team to be proficient on offense they need to run the ball and in order to run the ball Buffalo somehow needs to get the defense to stop stacking the line and in order to do that Trent needs to throw deep on occasion to keep the defense honest. I predict in the coming weeks things will get increasingly tougher for Trent now that he has been somewhat exposed by the Raiders.

Looking back on your posts, you don't seem to have much faith in the Buffalo Bills or TE do you. :rolleyes:

You ever watched Dan Marino's throwing mechanics? If you have, are you trying to tell me Dan Marino couldn't throw the long ball? :)

Of course I support JP. He is a member of the Bills. He may have to play, at some point in time this year (you never know)?

You don't support the players on the Bills?

Shame on you!

Shame on you??? Shame on JP. Is it selective taping or what because I continue to see Hamdan talking to Edwards. Where's JP? Strolling the sidelines. AS the #2 he should be there talking to Edwards.

Maybe it'a a good thing he isn't.

I supported JP. But I stopped, because he had proved to me he wasn't the guy for Buffalo.

The Raiders pulled back on the blitzing in the fourth quarter. I can't help it if some of you can't see that. They didn't abandon it completely, but it was nowhere near as often as it was in the first three quarters.!
Yes they did. But Why did they? Were they tired out from 3 QTRS of full out rushing th QB?

Did Kiffen say screw you Al Davis .. I'm going to lose this game?

Guest dog14787
Shame on you??? Shame on JP. Is it selective taping or what because I continue to see Hamdan talking to Edwards. Where's JP? Strolling the sidelines. AS the #2 he should be there talking to Edwards.

Maybe it'a a good thing he isn't.

I supported JP. But I stopped, because he had proved to me he wasn't the guy for Buffalo.

Yes they did. But Why did they? Were they tired out from 3 QTRS of full out rushing th QB?

Did Kiffen say screw you Al Davis .. I'm going to lose this game?

Fairchild was judge, jury and executioner on our previous offense, JP just went down with the ship :rolleyes:

Looking back on your posts, you don't seem to have much faith in the Buffalo Bills or TE do you. :rolleyes:

You ever watched Dan Marino's throwing mechanics? If you have, are you trying to tell me Dan Marino couldn't throw the long ball? :)

And that has to do with what? I'm not talking about Marino in case you didn't notice!

Trents mechanics are nothing like Marino's. Trent can't hold Marino's jock!

Guest dog14787
And that has to do with what? I'm not talking about Marino in case you didn't notice!

Trents mechanics are nothing like Marino's. Trent can't hold Marino's jock!

Are you a Troll? cuz something smells awful fishy :rolleyes:

The Raiders pulled back on the blitzing in the fourth quarter. I can't help it if some of you can't see that. They didn't abandon it completely, but it was nowhere near as often as it was in the first three quarters.

Read about it here since you couldn't see it on TV.

Who cares about what actually happened? Sometimes the truth conflicts with the verbal fellating that Trent Edwards receives!!!

Who cares about what actually happened? Sometimes the truth conflicts with the verbal fellating that Trent Edwards receives!!!

Edwards definitely deserves some of the kudos. The dude stands tall in the pocket while crap is happening all around him, and is still able to get off a good throw. The TD pass to Parrish is a perfect example of that. But to think that he did it all against four full quarters of blitzing is kind of stupid.

Edwards definitely deserves some of the kudos. The dude stands tall in the pocket while crap is happening all around him, and is still able to get off a good throw. The TD pass to Parrish is a perfect example of that. But to think that he did it all against four full quarters of blitzing is kind of stupid.

Because he did not do what he did in the 4th QTR against an all out blitz every down takes nothing away from Edwards stellar play...to think that it makes it any less of an acomplishment is kind of stupid. IMO

Because he did not do what he did in the 4th QTR against an all out blitz every down takes nothing away from Edwards stellar play...to think that it makes it any less of an acomplishment is kind of stupid. IMO

No one is taking anything away from Edwards' performance yesterday. I'm only pointing out that the entire offense never had any real success until the Raiders called off the dogs. The larger issue is not Edwards, it's the OL, which was manhandled for most of the game.

did anyone else catch TE between the Lynch TD and the Higgins yarder?!?! he was sitting on the bench with Lee and Josh Reed and when he finally caught his breath he got back up and started stalking the Offense on the bench, getting into every player and making sure they were up to winning this game.

that is something we havent seen from our QB in over a decade!!

Dr. Dank, you just nailed it! I saw that too. He was sitting beside Lee, seemingly seething inside about what was happening on the field. Then he suddenly leaped off the bench and started going down the offense's bench and started talking to each player, and did you see the look that both Lee and Butler? gave him? They smiled and you could see the pride in their faces, realizing that this guy has "it" and that he would lead them to the victory! :rolleyes: