Bruce Smith autograph

gsurdam

I am going to throw this out there because I know there are a lot of very smart people out there that may be able to help me. I have a really great photo I purchased from a photographer some years ago that shows Bruce Smith layed out diving to sack Dan Marino. It is a photo that would look great framed and hanging in my trophy room. I have been trying for years to catch up with Bruce to get it autographed before I frame it. Does anyone know what my best bet would be for getting it signed ? I am willing to ship it with return postage included to have it done. But , I don't know where the best place to send it is. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

I am going to throw this out there because I know there are a lot of very smart people out there that may be able to help me. I have a really great photo I purchased from a photographer some years ago that shows Bruce Smith layed out diving to sack Dan Marino. It is a photo that would look great framed and hanging in my trophy room. I have been trying for years to catch up with Bruce to get it autographed before I frame it. Does anyone know what my best bet would be for getting it signed ? I am willing to ship it with return postage included to have it done. But , I don't know where the best place to send it is. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

He's going to be signing autographs at Tops on transit this saturday, check www.buffalobills.com for more info.

Well, he runs a commercial development firm now (Bruce Smith Enterprise LLC) so you could pose as a builder or contractor, sneak into his offices, and say that you need his signature on something and slip him the picture.

At that point he's bound to either sign it or just pound you into the ground. Sort of a toss up, but that picture would look good in the trophy room! :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

Cruise the intersections around where he lives late at night. When you see a car stopped at one even though the light is green, go up to it and knock on the window. Bruce should be happy to give you an autograph as thanks for waking him up!

I have the same photo you are talking about, and was lucky enough to get it signed a few years ago when Bruce came down to play the Fins as a Redskin.

Bruce will tell you he "doesn't sign pictures", but if your persistant he should sign it. Tell him its a poster.....

That's a great photo.....the funny part is, Dan Marino owned his own sportsbar in Miami until about 10 years ago or so, and they had a lifesize version of that in a laminated cutout inside the bar. I didn't understand how they didn't understand that was 0.1 seconds from Marino getting leveled. When the place went under, I went over to try and buy the cutout but it was already gone.

LAMP story about Bruce. My wife was lucky to win tickets to SB 31 in NO (GB v NE). We heard that Bruce was going to be at Planet Hollywood to be honored (defensive player of the year - I think). Anyway, some smooth talking to the doorman got us in - me carrying a autograph football in a daypack. Couple of drinks later in comes Bruce and Thurman. Now I'm petrified and freeze. My wife takes the ball and a "special" pen that I had bought (gold ink thinking that that would look cool on the white section of the ball). Pen doesn't work right and makes a big mark on the ball. She comes back with a "I could kill you right now" look on her face. Luckily, I have a regular Sharpie in the daypack as well which works. She winds up tlaking to them for 20 minutes and I look like a dork at the high school dance.

Nonetheless, I get Bruce, Thurman, Ralph on that ball. Later, I get Richter and Kelly.

Don't get me started on Bruce and autographs. Back in the day in Fredonia he was an ass year after year about autographs. Those kids were always disappointed unless the news cameras were around. then he would stop his cart for no more than 5 mins. He got pissed when he saw items he had signed for sale in a card shop so he stopped signing. He felt he should get the money for his autograph.

If you are able to get a signature the best bet would be in Buffalo this weekend

During the strike in 1987, the Bills practiced on the turf field at UB's Amherst Campus. I was over there watching, and when practice was over, all the players started leaving the field. I approached both Bruce and big Pete, and was soundly rebuffed by both (more like pushed aside). Jim, of course, was great and signed many autographs that afternoon.

I do have in my possession a rather wonderful photo of Bruce sacking Danny boy...and it's autographed by both. :(

Bruce has never signed through the mail and will occasionally in person if you catch him in the right setting. I have been down here in Virginia for quite a few years now and have gotten him several times working during the his celebrity golf tournament he used to have. Like that earlier responders said, your best bet is that appearance he is making at Tops. Don't waste your time through the mail, you will never see your picture again unless he totally refuses the mail, but more than likey you will never see it again.

Bruce has never signed through the mail and will occasionally in person if you catch him in the right setting. I have been down here in Virginia for quite a few years now and have gotten him several times working during the his celebrity golf tournament he used to have. Like that earlier responders said, your best bet is that appearance he is making at Tops. Don't waste your time through the mail, you will never see your picture again unless he totally refuses the mail, but more than likey you will never see it again.

Thanks for your input. I wish I had tickets for this weekends game. I live on the eastern side of the state on the Vermont border. So , it would be hard for me to go to Tops tomorrow.... Thanks to everyone who gave me honest sincere advise. I guess I'll have to wait until Bruce starts traveling signing autos before I can get this picture signed...

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!