John McCargo

JuanGuzman

I thought his development last year was going to carry over to this year. Obviously the healthy scratch last week had me worried a lot. Anyway against Jax I saw him swim move into the backfield to break up a running play for a loss, after that I didn't really see him again. But I'm bad at watching line play, what were you guys opinion on his performance yesterday?

I thought his development last year was going to carry over to this year. Obviously the healthy scratch last week had me worried a lot. Anyway against Jax I saw him swim move into the backfield to break up a running play for a loss, after that I didn't really see him again. But I'm bad at watching line play, what were you guys opinion on his performance yesterday?

So-so.

I think he's in his last year as a Bill.

This is super unfortunate as he did show flashes of brilliance last year. He is the posterboy on why rookies should not be signed to large contacts - they should have to earn their big fat contract.

His deal is only 5 years, $8.6 million. Outside of the top 10-12, rookie contracts will hardly break the bank.

His deal is only 5 years, $8.6 million. Outside of the top 10-12, rookie contracts will hardly break the bank.

I'm not talking about from a salary cap stand point, I'm talking about a motivational issue. If someone gave you 8.6 million over 5 years, would you just coast through your job? You could quit after 4 or 5 years of collecting your paycheck and would be set for life without any other worries.

I'm not talking about from a salary cap stand point, I'm talking about a motivational issue. If someone gave you 8.6 million over 5 years, would you just coast through your job? You could quit after 4 or 5 years of collecting your paycheck and would be set for life without any other worries.

I'll buy that. Good post.

Absolutely!

Horrible logic. If he is out of the league after this year. 8.6M really isnt that much money

Horrible logic. If he is out of the league after this year. 8.6M really isnt that much money

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... What world are you living in? Please try to take into account that most people will not sniff $8.6 million dollars in their lifetimes. I can't stop laughing. AHAHAHAHAHA..

Let's see Max. If you make $100,000/year, a nice salary, probably in the 85% percentile, you only have to work 86 years to reach McCargo's contract. Now, of course, you need to take into account the tax considerations.....