I'm tired of all this WM hype after just one game

freak

It's totally bogus to discount a 31 yard run. If you start discounting whatevery you want, you can make stats say whatever you want them to say. You say, "If Henry hadn't slipped on 3rd and 2, and had a 20+ yard. . ." but the fact remains he did slip on 3rd and 2 and didn't have a run over twenty yards. You can't go by what ifs. You have to go by what is.

I will agree with you that we can't declare Willis McGahee the winner of the "best back in Buffalo" award on the basis of one game. On the other hand everything McGahee's done suggests he should be given ample carries so he can continue to develop. The Bills are not losing anything when McGahee plays instead of Henry.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if he was a number 1 draft pick? Most would agree that was a wasted pick, even if WM turns out to be the next OJ. All that will mean is that TD got lucky with his gamble. If he had drafted for other needs the Bills have we probably wouldn't be 1-4. Did you see the burst Joe Burns showed when he spelled WM in the Miami game or the game Sammy Morris had, does that make them special?  If we had drafted for a need that year and just had one of these backs come of the bench we wouldn't have a need of 2 quality starting backs.

With that being said, I wish WM all the best as I am a Bills fan. And how can you be stupid enough to make acomment that TH can't get the job done? BS; you'd have to be a fool to think he is hands down better than Henry; especially after posting identical numbersthroughout the year. As a matter of fact, up until the play where he slipped, TH game against NE was more impressive than WM game against the Dolphins as he consistently gained yardage against them keeping the chains moving..

80809[/snapback]

Who do you think they should have drafted?

We need to look not just at the individual contributions of both backs, but also at the way their style of play affects the overall game.

The textbook way to beat Bledsoe is to send blitzers up the middle. A between-the-tackles back like Henry won't punish the defense for using this strategy on running plays.

On the other hand, if you blitz up the middle when WM is running the ball, chances are he'll break it to the outside, and make your blitzers in the middle look pretty useless. Even if you have one guy on the outside there to make the tackle, chances are he'll be dragged forward a few yards before WM goes down.

Having WM on the field forces the defense away from the style of play that works best against our OL and Bledsoe. And don't even get me started on blitz pickup, screen passes, or dumpoff passes!

So what if he was a number 1 draft pick? Most would agree that was a wasted pick, even if WM turns out to be the next OJ. All that will mean is that TD got lucky with his gamble. If he had drafted for other needs the Bills have we probably wouldn't be 1-4. Did you see the burst Joe Burns showed when he spelled WM in the Miami game or the game Sammy Morris had, does that make them special?  If we had drafted for a need that year and just had one of these backs come of the bench we wouldn't have a need of 2 quality starting backs.

With that being said, I wish WM all the best as I am a Bills fan. And how can you be stupid enough to make acomment that TH can't get the job done? BS; you'd have to be a fool to think he is hands down better than Henry; especially after posting identical numbersthroughout the year. As a matter of fact, up until the play where he slipped, TH game against NE was more impressive than WM game against the Dolphins as he consistently gained yardage against them keeping the chains moving..

80809[/snapback]

I write this making the assumption that you are a Bills fan and not a troll, something by the way I hold little faith in.

>>>And how can you be stupid enough to make acomment that TH can't get the job done?<<<

Stupid? That is the one word description of Travis Gump. He misses virtually every block, and has missed a team flight. He "accidently" had sex with a 15 year old girl. He squandered his bonus and had to re-negotiate to a weak contract.

Not enough? He fumbles, slides on his ass, drops passes and runs wrong routes. You can call others "stupid" as you wish, but I suggest you will find a more apt definition of that word when you shave tomorrow morning. :devil: