Brett Who?

buckeyemike

I know that two games does not a career (or a season) make, but how about the job Aaron Rodgers is doing as Packers' QB?

I've been on Packers message boards, and during July and August, you would have thought that Packers GM Ted Thompson drank baby blood. :thumbsup:

BTW, as a side note, the Packer message boards pale in comparison to TSW.

You had longtime Packer fans talking about how they were going to get rid of all their Green Bay swag, how fans were buying Favre jerseys, becoming Jets fans, things like that. In Wisconsin, that would be equivalent to treason, save for the circumstances involved in the whole Brett Favre saga (and I think both the team and Favre could have handled it much better than they did).

Well, the Pack is 2-0 and doesn't seem to be abdicating their position atop the NFC North anytime soon. In Detroit yesterday, the two teams combined for 40 (that's right, 40) points in the 4th quarter. Green Bay actually scored three touchdowns in the last 7 minutes after the Lions took a 25-24 lead.

Except for Favre, this is largely the same team that went to the NFC Championship last year. It's also the second-youngest team in the league. Green Bay may be setting themselves up for a nice long run as Super Bowl contenders.

I know that two games does not a career (or a season) make, but how about the job Aaron Rodgers is doing as Packers' QB?

I've been on Packers message boards, and during July and August, you would have thought that Packers GM Ted Thompson drank baby blood. :thumbsup:

BTW, as a side note, the Packer message boards pale in comparison to TSW.

You had longtime Packer fans talking about how they were going to get rid of all their Green Bay swag, how fans were buying Favre jerseys, becoming Jets fans, things like that. In Wisconsin, that would be equivalent to treason, save for the circumstances involved in the whole Brett Favre saga (and I think both the team and Favre could have handled it much better than they did).

Well, the Pack is 2-0 and doesn't seem to be abdicating their position atop the NFC North anytime soon. In Detroit yesterday, the two teams combined for 40 (that's right, 40) points in the 4th quarter. Green Bay actually scored three touchdowns in the last 7 minutes after the Lions took a 25-24 lead.

Except for Favre, this is largely the same team that went to the NFC Championship last year. It's also the second-youngest team in the league. Green Bay may be setting themselves up for a nice long run as Super Bowl contenders.

Have you seen Detroit play? Todd Marinovich would shred that defense TODAY!

This is why I picked them to win the division. I thought Rodgers' play at Dallas last year was the reason they finally went with him and told Brett to go shove it.

It's also why I didn't think the Pack would lose much with Rodgers and why he's on my fantasy team. ;)

Next week, the Packers play host to the Cowboys on Sunday night.

Ahhh...night game at Lambeau, where the diehards have had an extra seven hours to get completely plastered. It is Wisconsin, after all. Alcohol consumption is a huge participant sport, probably right next to bowling and snowmobiling.

We will see if Green Bay has the mettle to beat up on Romo and T.O. and company. They can pull it off, especially with the way Rodgers is playing, but the defense can't get sloppy like it did the first two games (especially yesterday...16 points in the fourth to a dreadful Lions team).