Mike Shanahan must need a wheel barrow to carry those things around...

RayFinkle

He's at home, crowd is in his favor for the OT, it's a boneheaded call either way. Ballsy? yea, but really !@#$in stupid if you think about it.

Can't disagree with that...

I do respect that bonehead call (successful or not) more than all of the decisions coach's make for the sake of avoiding media/fan criticism though.

The biggest idiot during the final minutes of that game was that pathetic excuse for a sportscaster Dick Enberg. They go for two - they make it and Dick gleefully shouts "and the Broncos win!" :wallbash: Here's a newsflash oh genius paid to know what the hell is going on during the football game: There's 24 seconds left on the clock, the two teams have combined to score 77 points so far, it's *very* possible that another field goal could have been kicked. Do us all a favor and retire, your calls of the game have been atrocious for almost two decades now.

And kudos to our own Steve Tasker who knows what's going on by telling the lead announcer (Gus Johnson I believe) that no, Jacksonville is *not* "forced" to punt and they in fact didn't punt. Typical pet peeve for the followers of TMQ - nice to see one of our own 'gets it'.

Personal opinion of Shanahan's call: In a high scoring game where you're moving the ball at will, I don't have a problem with it. If the score was 13-12, in a tight defensive battle then by all means kick the XP.

I think it was the prudent choice. I believe that statistically slightly more than 50% of 2pt tries are successful. Take into consideration that the # is likely skewed lower than your actual %age due to being "forced" into the decision.

Right at the end of the game like that, It basically boils down whether or not you think you have a better than 50% chance of making a 2 yd play. Considering the offensive production in that game, it would seem to be the smart thing to do.

And kudos to our own Steve Tasker who knows what's going on by telling the lead announcer (Gus Johnson I believe) that no, Jacksonville is *not* "forced" to punt and they in fact didn't punt. Typical pet peeve for the followers of TMQ - nice to see one of our own 'gets it'.

No props to Tasker at all, in fact I'd consider it one of his worst performances. He kept calling the JAX RBs "Fred Jones" and "Maurice Taylor". Add that to the blatently anti-Buffalo commentary on his part and it's getting extremely tiresome.

I don't think it was gutsy as much as it was classy. The game should have been over but for an absolutely horrible call. That was a fumble and should have been chargers' ball. He basically said,"well, we already lost, so we'll either give it back to them or we were meant to win."

I don't think it was gutsy as much as it was classy. The game should have been over but for an absolutely horrible call. That was a fumble and should have been chargers' ball. He basically said,"well, we already lost, so we'll either give it back to them or we were meant to win."

Interesting...I actually don't think that theory is too crazy.

Overtime is essentially random - do you think your team can gain two yards in a play more than half the time? Then go for it. On a nice day, it's almost always the smart call.

However, you take on 100% of the blame for a loss - rather than passing the buck on to 'non-executing' players. That requires some brass in your jock.

i remember when someone pulled the same stunt up at Syracuse a few years back and won in ot...on the road...now THAT took balls. who was that anyway?

Then again I remember when Pat Dye went for the TIE in the Sugar Bowl.