Our running game is well.......awful

marauderswr80

Anyone else feel the same way I do? I think our running has been pretty bad as of late. I know Lynch has a couple nice TD runs, but other then those its been ALL Lynch. I dont think the OL has been that great in the running game. I hope they get better in the long run. I want to see Lynch got his numbers in the 100's for yardage. But a win is a win, and I'll take it.

But if im wrong please tell me I am. I just think our running game has been lame.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The running game has been productive, IMO. It's making the opposing D respect it, which allows the play calling to be balanced. Very few third and longs, usually a makable third and 5 or less.

I do like the way Fred Jackson offers more of a gliding running style to ML's beast mode.

We've played two pretty good defensive teams. And it was the same last year, the O-line was good at pass protection, but not run blocking. Hopefully we will finally get ourselfs a bonafide center this offseason. (Alex Mack)

Hopefully it will improve with the cupcakes we face the next couple of weeks. The good news is we are winning despite the fact we haven't rushed for many yards.

Anyone else feel the same way I do? I think our running has been pretty bad as of late. I know Lynch has a couple nice TD runs, but other then those its been ALL Lynch. I dont think the OL has been that great in the running game. I hope they get better in the long run. I want to see Lynch got his numbers in the 100's for yardage. But a win is a win, and I'll take it.

But if im wrong please tell me I am. I just think our running game has been lame.

Those Jags defenders are monsters. I'm just happy we got out in 1 piece.

We've played two pretty good defensive teams. And it was the same last year, the O-line was good at pass protection, but not run blocking. Hopefully we will finally get ourselfs a bonafide center this offseason. (Alex Mack)

Hopefully it will improve with the cupcakes we face the next couple of weeks. The good news is we are winning despite the fact we haven't rushed for many yards.

Exactly. Both Seattle and Jacksonville are top run defense teams. But, we do have a rushing TD each week. And TDs are more important than yards.

The run game will improve dramatically with Peters and Dockery back on the left side.

Jacksonville has a tremendous front seven. We'll see what the Raiders can do against the running game next week.

We actually run better statistically to the right side behind Walker and Butler.

Our running game will improve when Fowler is not the starting center. He lets too much penetration through.

I'm for all purpose yardage and the backs are getting are getting more involved in the passing game and playing in space. Is Jackson reminding anyone else of Larry Centers, the last time our offense could score from anywhere on the field?

Dont take me the wrong way here. Im just going on what im watching. I just see our RB's not having many holes to run through.

I know its only week 2, and trust me I love the win more then anything.

I just sit here and see our RB's one solid block away from breaking a long one.

well

we've been short the best o lineman in the nfl, trading him for a back up player, and have played two really good Ds.

furthermore, our passing game has been strong and we have both a running and passing TD (while on O) in each game. i think teams are trying to take the run away from

us and getting burned.

it could be better, but given peters coming back into top form, we'll be good.

Dont take me the wrong way here. Im just going on what im watching. I just see our RB's not having many holes to run through.

I know its only week 2, and trust me I love the win more then anything.

I just sit here and see our RB's one solid block away from breaking a long one.

The running game was obviously effective at something, because it allowed Edwards, a relatively unproven QB, to put up awesome numbers in what is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. Clearly, they gave Marshawn a lot of respect, because throwing for 230+ yards at an 80% completion rate is just unheard of playing against the Jags at home.