I completely forgot

eball

Talk about storylines for this game...they just keep coming.

The fact ol' Greggo is coaching the defense actually makes me feel better about the matchup. I'm not saying he's a bad defensive coach -- quite the contrary -- but the Bills (specifically, Edwards and Schonert) saw his schemes last year against the Skins, and several Bills are still around from his days in Buffalo.

Should be fun on Sunday.

Talk about storylines for this game...they just keep coming.

The fact ol' Greggo is coaching the defense actually makes me feel better about the matchup. I'm not saying he's a bad defensive coach -- quite the contrary -- but the Bills (specifically, Edwards and Schonert) saw his schemes last year against the Skins, and several Bills are still around from his days in Buffalo.

Should be fun on Sunday.

Triple-G don't scare me. Triple-T would be another story....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

You can criticize Greggo with an airhorn, but you can't deny he is a great defensive coordinator. Everywhere he's been the defenses have been terrific- Tenn, Buffalo, Washington.

When the Bills weren't in a conflicting game, I used to get a chance to watch the Giants/Redskins games. One game I saw the Giants just rip apart Gregg0's D. It was very enjoyable watching the game.

I remember all the fans who were saying Gregg would be a good to great coach when he got another chance at being a head coach. Well the Redskins were smart enough to fire him rather than name him HC, and we never see his name anymore as a HC "hot list" candidate.

Also on their Coaching Staff are Mike Shula: Quarterbacks Coach and Mike Tice: Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends/Ticket Scalping.

:unsure:

Jacksonville seems to be the place disgraced former HC's go. I can't see any of them ever getting another HC job in the league.

Williams is a good defensive coordinator or he'd be doing QC for some team. But he'll never get the reigns as a HC for an NFL team.

:unsure:

Jacksonville seems to be the place disgraced former HC's go. I can't see any of them ever getting another HC job in the league.

Williams is a good defensive coordinator or he'd be doing QC for some team. But he'll never get the reigns as a HC for an NFL team.

I wouldn't bet against Triple G getting another HC gig. Much stranger things have happened in the NFL.

Also on their Coaching Staff are Mike Shula: Quarterbacks Coach and Mike Tice: Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends/Ticket Scalping.

Wow, they do have a braintrust. :thumbsup:

One thing you have to love about Greggo, you KNOW what they're going to do. When in doubt, his eyes go crossed and he screams "BLITZ" "BLITZ" "BLITZ". then an assistant pops a candy in his mouth and pats his head until he calms down. If someone mentions that the blitz didn't seem to work, his eyes cross, his visor flies off and his hair frizzes out while screaming "BLITZ MORE! BLITZ MORE!" whilst running naked up and down the sidelines with an airhorn.

If he ever really wanted to screw with an offense, he'd come out in Cover 2, but I don't think there's enough Haldol in the world to allow that to happen.

Here's what GGreggggg's vaunted strategy got him on Tennessee's last drive last week.

2nd and 15 at TEN 30 (4:17) V.Young pass incomplete short right to L.White [D.Smith].

TEN #10 V. Young is injured on the play.

-note- it's 3rd and 15 on your own 30, with 4 minutes left ,and a new QB just came into the game in a tie game. If you're the OC what are you doing? Are you playing it safe or are taking a deep drop and letting it fly. I'm playing it safe and so was Mike Heimerdinger. Greggo dialed up a huge blitz, well beacuse in greggo's world that's what you do on 3rd and 15, and 2nd and 1, and 2nd and 8, etc... Here's what happened.

3rd and 15 at TEN 30 (4:14) K.Collins pass short right to B.Scaife to JAX 26 for 44 yards (G.Sensabaugh).

Timeout #1 by JAX at 04:10.

So he threw a pass in the flat to his TE, who then ran 44 yards because everyone was, you got it, blitzing.

1st and 10 at JAX 26 (4:10) L.White right tackle to JAX 20 for 6 yards (R.Nelson).

Timeout #2 by JAX at 04:05.

2nd and 4 at JAX 20 (4:05) L.White right tackle to JAX 22 for -2 yards (J.Henderson).

Timeout #3 by JAX at 03:59.

3rd and 6 at JAX 22 (3:59) (Shotgun) K.Collins pass short middle to J.Gage pushed ob at JAX 1 for 21 yards (B.Williams).

1st and 1 at JAX 1 (3:50) L.White left tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Like shooting fish in a barrel... :thumbsup:

Jacksonville's draft had Gregg Williams written all over it. Trading up to get the two DE's was a huge leap of faith that his scheme is going to be the way to go, and it's hard to argue against it. Williams knows how to coach defense and loves his DE's with speed. Once Harvey and Groves catch up to the speed of the game they will probably become a very nice combo. I'm glad we are catching them early in their careers today.