The Heat in Jax

scribo

The forecast down there is for about 93 degree at kickoff, which would be a Jaguars team record.

Their fans are counting on this to wilt the Bills, but I think they'll be OK. Stroud played down there for years, so he should know how to deal with it and tell his new teammates how to deal with it. Plus, a ton of our players are from the south or southwest, so they are use to it already.

But Jack Del Rio has this whole mindset he imposes on his team that to be tough, they have to act tough. So the Jags will be wearig their teal jerseys Sunday, allowing the Bills to wear the cooler white jerseys, according to Jacksonville radio.

For at least some games last year, Del Rio wouldn't let his team use the sideline "cool zone" machines. They were the ones who wilted in a loss to Indy.

I hope De Rio has more of the same for the Jags, but either way, the Bills need to be ready for 100+ degrees on the field.

The forecast down there is for about 93 degree at kickoff, which would be a Jaguars team record.

Their fans are counting on this to wilt the Bills, but I think they'll be OK. Stroud played down there for years, so he should know how to deal with it and tell his new teammates how to deal with it. Plus, a ton of our players are from the south or southwest, so they are use to it already.

But Jack Del Rio has this whole mindset he imposes on his team that to be tough, they have to act tough. So the Jags will be wearig their teal jerseys Sunday, allowing the Bills to wear the cooler white jerseys, according to Jacksonville radio.

For at least some games last year, Del Rio wouldn't let his team use the sideline "cool zone" machines. They were the ones who wilted in a loss to Indy.

I hope De Rio has more of the same for the Jags, but either way, the Bills need to be ready for 100+ degrees on the field.

When the Bills play down here in My Yami in September/October, it isn't any different. My recollection is that they won down here last year in the blistering heat.

When the Bills play down here in My Yami in September/October, it isn't any different. My recollection is that they won down here last year in the blistering heat.

Yes, but they aren't playing the stinkin' fish Sunday. I still feel god about our chances, but the Bills better be ready for the heat. I am sure they will be.

Yes, but they aren't playing the stinkin' fish Sunday. I still feel god about our chances, but the Bills better be ready for the heat. I am sure they will be.

They "may" get beat by Jax, but they won't get beat by the heat. That's a putrid My Yami basketball team, fer Chrissakes!

Okay, I've had about enough of this heat argument! Just because you practice in conditions 5-10 degrees warmer than your opponents during the SUMMER (like ALL THE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS GAME)- doesn't mean you're completely impervious to the affects of heat.

Furthermore, just because the Bills aren't "used" to these conditions (somebody please compile the dosier of the VAST MAJORITY OF OUR PLAYERS who grew up in the south and learned to play when it was hot), doesn't mean they'll just freakin' shut down when they're sweating more than usual!

Eee gads! This argument has pissed me off all week. Totally absurd.

The one's who ought to be worried about the weather are the OL players plucked from their 9-5's to fill in against a DL who brings a heat of its own!

Okay, I've had about enough of this heat argument! Just because you practice in conditions 5-10 degrees warmer than your opponents during the SUMMER (like ALL THE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS GAME)- doesn't mean you're completely impervious to the affects of heat.

Furthermore, just because the Bills aren't "used" to these conditions (somebody please compile the dosier of the VAST MAJORITY OF OUR PLAYERS who grew up in the south and learned to play when it was hot), doesn't mean they'll just freakin' shut down when they're sweating more than usual!

Eee gads! This argument has pissed me off all week. Totally absurd.

The one's who ought to be worried about the weather are the OL players plucked from their 9-5's to fill in against a DL who brings a heat of its own!

Yeah, unfortunately, I think the opposite is true too. I don't think we have much of a cold weather advantage any longer either. Sure, we're used to RWS and those conditions, but like you say... lots of our boys are southerners.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think the opposite is true too. I don't think we have much of a cold weather advantage any longer either. Sure, we're used to RWS and those conditions, but like you say... lots of our boys are southerners.

I'm sorry, but in week 2, the heat makes NO difference. Now if it were week 12 and we're leaving our little indoor facility or the blustery Tundra at Ralph to travel to Rio de Janero, then yes we'd probably lose a step or two.

Edwards played terrible in the rain and wind early in the game last week, right?

It's going to be beautiful in jax on Sunday......

Anyone see where I'm going with this.......

Anybody????

Anybody?????

Edwards played terrible in the rain and wind early in the game last week, right?

It's going to be beautiful in jax on Sunday......

Anyone see where I'm going with this.......

Anybody????

Anybody?????

I guess you didn't hear- travelling from WNY to FL turns your muscles to mush and decreases your lung capacity 85%. You're also at a severe risk for immediate onset skin cancer, seizures, and menstrual cramps.

I kind of like Del Rio, but that's a jackass move. "Okay, guys, in order to be tough you need to go to the brink of heat exhaustion." Does he take the Gatorade away as well?

What says the NFLPA about something like this?

True, but that My Yami team was one of the worst teams of all-time.

There's also this:

10. What kind of hydration regiment does the training staff have our players on this week? Going into Florida in mid-September can be tough on guys who are used to upstate NY weather. Getting enough fluids in the body doesn't start on Friday, either. It's too late by then.

Jeff, St. Bonaventure

CB: The hydration process starts at the beginning of the week. The strength and conditioning staff along with the training staff encourage forcing fluids as much as they can through the course of the week. The players are used to this regimen since they go through the same thing every season to prepare for the Miami game. They’ll be ready. This is one of the best staffs in the league when it comes to hydration. As long as the players follow their instructions there should not be any issues.

Let me just say, I live south of Jax and on the beach, so it's usually cooler where I am. It was freaking HOT today. Right now (5:30 pm) it's "only"84, but according to weather.com, it feels like 94 (heat index). I'm guessing the heat index will top 100, on Sunday.

Practicing in the heat is one thing. It's hard, but they take many breaks, force a LOT of fluid on the players, etc. A game is totally different, IMO. While I don't think the Bills will wilt, it is probably tougher for them than it will be for the experienced Jags (just as it is probably tougher on a team from the south to play in Buffalo in the cold weather).

Let me just say, I live south of Jax and on the beach, so it's usually cooler where I am. It was freaking HOT today. Right now (5:30 pm) it's "only"84, but according to weather.com, it feels like 94 (heat index). I'm guessing the heat index will top 100, on Sunday.

Practicing in the heat is one thing. It's hard, but they take many breaks, force a LOT of fluid on the players, etc. A game is totally different, IMO. While I don't think the Bills will wilt, it is probably tougher for them than it will be for the experienced Jags (just as it is probably tougher on a team from the south to play in Buffalo in the cold weather).

I agree with that. I really don't think it matters where you played even a year ago. I have been in Iraq since the start of the year. It took time to get used to the weather. You can always tell the new guys because they are winded and sweat a lot more from just walking to get food. I know when it started getting hot here (120's) it was hard to just do normal activities. Now I can run several miles in it. That being said the Iraqi's and terrorists were used to the heat and we still kicked their a$$. The better team finds a way to adapt and win even on the road, and I believe with the Bills improving and the Jags getting worse, due to injuries, they should win this game.