Friday's Practice Notes - from CB

d_wag

Its actually worded: "Jason Peters also for the first time this week participated in the first series of reps at left tackle with the first unit."

I believe I read earlier in the week he's been practicing with the first team all along. CB is just pointing out he "started" practice for the first time.

Couple other things that were interesting further down - McCargo was 'limited' in practice yesterday w/ a back injury - wonder if an injury played at all into him being inactive last week. Also - first time I saw they took all of Kyle Williams' 1.5 sacks away from him and gave them to Stroud...

DJ said he'd make the decision on Saturday I think. My guess is Peters will be playing LT on Sunday. The fact that he is taking the reps at that spot answers it for me.

Where else would you expect him to take reps?

I believe that he'll be on the bench to start, but likely playing more and more as the game goes on.

Does this mean Derek Fine is back?

Depends by what you mean by "back." Since it was a thumb injury, he was able to come back almost immediately and attend meeting and run. But he won't start blocking and catching passes for a few more weeks.