NASA 9/11 Picture

Dante

One Big Ass Barbecue.

I've been in a blaze before; my entire back and left arm were toasted (3rd degree.)

I know I'da adiosed it out one of them windows after swigging a flask full of TQ

I seriously hope you are pulling a Hogboy and trying to get a rise out of everyone...

Folks, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my knee jerk comment. I do that often in life......usually to regret.

The incident I had, occurred when my shirt caught on fire; it was rayon and melted with my skin. It was nasty and it is something I will never forget.

Folks, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my knee jerk comment. I do that often in life......usually to regret.

The incident I had, occurred when my shirt caught on fire; it was rayon and melted with my skin. It was nasty and it is something I will never forget.

:thumbsup:

Points for manning the hell up and offering an apology. Who the hell does that on the Internet?

It's a NASA photo so doubtful. It is creepy though. I know it's a satellite photo but was the Space Shuttle up at that time?

It was from the Space Station. It says "Expidition 3 Commander..." If it was from the Shuttle it would say "STS XXX"

:thumbsup:

If I never see another image of a person leaping from those buildings, it will be fine with me. I like to think I've got a pretty thick shell, but those images above all others from that day, still cause some strong emotional and even physical reactions in me.

Watched an interesting show on The History Channel last night about the attacks called "I Witness" and everytime they showed footage of someone jumping, I conveniently decided it was time to get up to grab a beer, let the dog out or check on the grill. Great show though, completely uncensored. You get a real feel for the sheer anger, fear, sadness, helplessness people there felt as it was happening. A couple times, I caught myself thinking "would I have reacted any differently?" If it's on again, it's a powerful show.

If I never see another image of a person leaping from those buildings, it will be fine with me. I like to think I've got a pretty thick shell, but those images above all others from that day, still cause some strong emotional and even physical reactions in me.

Watched an interesting show on The History Channel last night about the attacks called "I Witness" and everytime they showed footage of someone jumping, I conveniently decided it was time to get up to grab a beer, let the dog out or check on the grill. Great show though, completely uncensored. You get a real feel for the sheer anger, fear, sadness, helplessness people there felt as it was happening. A couple times, I caught myself thinking "would I have reacted any differently?" If it's on again, it's a powerful show.

It is crazy to think that jumping 100 Floors is the better of 2 options

3/21/03

3/21/03

3/21/03

Another NASA image

Never forget.

Never forget that we are not alone in tragedy. And never forget that whether we are dishing out or receiving it, it's tragic nonetheless.

NYC and DC were under attack by flying missiles because of those who disagreed with our leadership. Same reason in Baghdad. We are self-centered to believe that one is more tragic than another.

And I apologize if I misconstrued your "Big Barbeque" comment to mean 9/11. Way to man up.