Goodell on the Bills staying in Buffalo

I submitted a question to the chat asking the same thing (as I'm sure many others did), and here is what the commish had to say:

"Being from western New York, I understand the importance of the Bills to Buffalo and the entire western New York region. We all must do our part to make sure the Bills remain successful in Buffalo and I pledge my full support. The efforts to regionalize the Bills to Rochester and more recently to southern Ontario and the Ontario market have enabled the team to be successful. I appreciate your support of the Bills. One of the highlights for me last season was attending the Dallas-Buffalo game and seeing the tremendous passion of the Bills fans displayed nationwide on Monday Night Football."

I submitted a question to the chat asking the same thing (as I'm sure many others did), and here is what the commish had to say:

"Being from western New York, I understand the importance of the Bills to Buffalo and the entire western New York region. We all must do our part to make sure the Bills remain successful in Buffalo and I pledge my full support. The efforts to regionalize the Bills to Rochester and more recently to southern Ontario and the Ontario market have enabled the team to be successful. I appreciate your support of the Bills. One of the highlights for me last season was attending the Dallas-Buffalo game and seeing the tremendous passion of the Bills fans displayed nationwide on Monday Night Football."

I submitted the same question, I'm glad the commish addressed one of us.

where is he from?

Marty York (a journalist who covers the NFL for Toronto & Ottawa) stated that Goodell told him off the record that the Bills will never permanently relocate to Toronto. Goodell believes cities like Buffalo, Green Bay, Cleveland, etc. keep the NFL truly part of American culture and wants to insure that his legacy isn't the one that sees a team moved from a passionate fan base.

I wish I had the article but I can't seem to find it online. Canada is slows with the internets...

Reassuring to be sure. But the team is still owned exclusively by RCW and anyone/group he/his family choose to sell to only has to pass muster with the other owners. As I see it, Ralph doesn't have a whole lot (2/3rds I believe) of buddies in the 'Fabulously Rich' club.. Any new prospective owner who offers perks like Weaver did in Jax (i.e. 5 straight years of sellouts) would be welcomed aboard regardless of their desired location of the team. The Commish has little influence there.

Marty York (a journalist who covers the NFL for Toronto & Ottawa) stated that Goodell told him off the record that the Bills will never permanently relocate to Toronto. Goodell believes cities like Buffalo, Green Bay, Cleveland, etc. keep the NFL truly part of American culture and wants to insure that his legacy isn't the one that sees a team moved from a passionate fan base.

I wish I had the article but I can't seem to find it online. Canada is slows with the internets...

What am I missing? If Goodell said that off the record, how did it end up in an article?