I'm sure this won't be popular but too bad.....

Tipster19

Karma or not I for one couldn't be happier that Pretty boy Brady went down. And since we're on Karma, maybe that's their payback for cheating all those years and running up the score last year, not to mention Wilfork's hit on Losman, and all Rodney Harrisson's year's of douchebaggery.

I've never had a problem with Brady. I remember when he was a rookie and he ran around end and got absolutely clocked by Nate Clements. I thought it would kill him. He got up and stayed in the game. Later, he threw a pass and the receiver was hit so bad he was knocked unconscious with his head on the sideline, and his leg was touching the ball, so he had possession. Despite being unconscious and not holding the ball. And the Bills lost.

I also remember watching a game in Buffalo when the Bills were leading the Pats, till late when Bledsoe turned around and tossed the ball behind him to an open space. Brady was under tons of pressure on many occasions, and at the last second heaved the ball, apparently without purpose, yet connected to receivers 35 yards downfield.

I was at a bar with Bills backers, and when they showed the injury, people cheered. I felt a bit embarrassed at that. I think we can beat those creeps with or without Brady. Either way, I don't care. I just want to beat those creeps.

I think most fans make a distinction between rooting for an opposing player to be hurt and feeling happy about having an opportunity to take advantage of the injuries which simply come with the game.

The two are not the same thing.

I think most fans do not root for any player or person to be hurt. However, I have no problem with fans being quite happy with the better chance that the loss of Brady gives the Bills.

Further, there is the additional issue of being happy about dancing over the carcass of a physically wounded Pats team. In general, I do not think this behavior is justified. However, given that Wilfork was fined as the NFL at least did not judge him as exercising proper control over the weapon that an NFL body can be (and that even this is charitable as Wilfork hit JP with his arm which clearly was directed while Brady got hit with a helmet top which MIGHT have been intentional but might not have been), I also see Bills fans reasonably taking a bit of pleasure out of the unbidden fate which karma has brought to Brady.

I hope folks do not root for any injury, however, I simply see it being a related though different case how they react to an injury. Particularly in this case, the unfortunate outcome does have some fairness attached to it. I begrudge no one for having smug satisfaction about how the scales of justice operated in this case.

Wow, what a post. Easily the most eloquently stated, not to mention civilized, argument for why the Pats* honk the proverbial bobo, and why Bills fans can lean back and enjoy it.... :thumbsup:

I am slightly embarrassed to admit a certain schadenfreude when it comes to bad things happening to the Pats*, and to Brady. Now, don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't want anything life threatening to happen to him. But, to see those who wear their arrogance like a badge of honor (and flaunt the rules with relative impunity) suffer a setback, makes me a little bit happy.

The Pats* deserve to have bad things happen to them, IMO, as they are convicted cheaters. Despite the conviction, I believe many of the infractions were covered up, and no real punishment was ever enforced. Also, Belicheat's insistence on having his starting lineup run up the score, even into the fourth quarter of runaway games, instead of giving his #2 QB some playing time SHOULD come back to bite him in the ass.

As for Brady, I wouldn't have wanted him to suffer, personally, a few years ago. But, it seems success, and being the beneficiary of a great number of questionable calls, went to his head in recent years. The last two years or so, any call made against the Pats* offense was followed by a whining Tommy, seemingly in disbelief that an official would take away the Pats* God-given right to do whatever they pleased.

So, screw 'em, I say. As has been noted, every team suffers set backs, and NFL players are injured on a weekly basis. It just so happens, the Pats* number was up, last week. And, it is about time!

I prefer this writers take

As you know, Tom Brady was knocked out for the season last Sunday. I’ve had time to digest the impact of Brady’s injury on both the Patriots and the greater football landscape, and my educated opinion about the matter is this:

YEEEEEEHAWWW!!! WOO HOO!!! !@#$ YEAH, B word! TAKE IT IN THE ASS WITH A PEN KNIFE, BRADY!

I was not alone in my glee at the news of Brady’s demise. Many people all across this great country joined hands and leapt towards the heavens as Brady’s leg snapped in twain and he lay crumpled on the turf. Our own Michael Tunison said the Steelers bar he regularly goes to cheered louder for Brady’s injury than for the Steelers’ victory on Sunday.

Cheering injuries is nothing new in the NFL. The most obvious historic example was when Michael Irvin badly hurt his neck in Veteran’s Stadium (an injury that came to end his career) and the Philly crowd collectively destroyed their shorts. The reaction to the fans’ behavior was swift and outraged. Dan Dierdorf decried it on the air. Emmitt Smith had this to say after the incident:

"It disgusted me to death… I understand people want to cheer for their team and they want their team to win, but when you see an individual laying down there motionless, there's no need to cheer. There's nothing joyful about watching a person get hurt."

Now, I know many people find the idea of cheering for injuries tasteless, and offensive, and inhumane, and disgusting. But those people are WRONG. Wrong as can be. Cheering injuries is the noblest thing a person can do. It’s true!

You see, when I cheer for injuries, I’m not doing it because I’m a bad person. Far from it. I cheer for injuries because I CARE. I think a good, solid injury builds character. Think about Tom Brady’s life up to this point. He’s had it all: hot model girlfriend, tons of money, three Super Bowl rings. What kind of adversity has he faced up to this point? Not a lot. Well, I’m not shallow like all these Boston fans who just want Brady to stay healthy and keep winning. I want Brady to GROW as a person. I want him to learn. I want him to be a better man. And there’s no better way for him to do that than to have his knee viciously torn asunder.

Don’t you see how that makes sense?

Cheering for injuries the most American thing a person can do. Look at Christopher Reeve. Everyone loved that guy. And you know why? Because he was injured. If that horse hadn’t bucked off Reeve and sent him flying into a barrier, crushing all his upper vertebrae, we Americans never would have gotten to know just how brave he can be in the face of total physical incapacitation. And that would be our loss as a society. I think that horse deserves a medal. And to not be eaten.

And remember, fans like me are only rooting for injuries, and not full-blown DEATH. I think that shows our true grace, our capacity for mercy. I think it's very classy. It makes us more human to hope Tom Brady gets his leg sheared right off. Look at him clutching his knee like a little girl in that photo. What a B word.

Furthermore, I think injuries are also good for a team’s fans. Take a look at some of the comments on the Brady matter over at Barstool Sports:

Youve (sic) been doing a helluva job exposing the rest of the countrys (sic) jealousy and anger towards Boston in general. Bunch of pathetic, 2nd place wannabe cowards, similar to the Iraq and Afghan terrorists

Heated76, Sep 09 2008, 6:42 pm

Here Here Curt I couldn't agree with you more. Based on my experience with New Yorkers in general they are the most arrogant, dis in genuine (sic), unlikeable (sic) people on the earth. They can't stand the fact that they are inferior to Boston in sports, education, and just mere culture.

— peter1975, Sep 09 2008, 9:36 pm

Now, honestly, don’t morons like this deserve to be knocked down a peg? Wouldn’t that be better for us all? I say yes. Seriously, is there anything worse than a bunch of jackass fans who are under the astonishing delusion that they are somehow “classier” than some other arbitrary set of fans? Shouldn’t these people be stripped of all their assets and beaten to within an inch of their lives? And then murdered?

Again, I say yes.

Deadspin

There's multiple reasons why. To cheer that someone got mangled isn't right and that is probably towards the top of the list. He's one of the biggest stars in the game that I love and I don't see it as a benefit to losing someone of his magnitude, the game regresses IMO. As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow. If we are to win the division and have any kind of great success in the play-offs, then we'll never get the proper credit, and we all know how sensitive and insulted most of us get about the credibility that we recieve as a franchise, team and community. The masses can celebrate Brady's injury all they want but it really takes away from all who love and follow the NFL.

Plenty of super bowl winners won because other teams players were injured. Lets not kid ourselves and pretend that every SB winner and playoff team got where they were because they played every week against teams that were at 100% full strength. Noone cared last year that our team was decimated with injuries. We didn't get bonus wins added in because we "would have won" if we were fully healthy. You look to use any edge you can get to your advantage, and having the best QB in the league out for the year in week 1 is a huge advantage...

Sorry, you never apologize for who you beat or how you beat them. At the end of the day all that counts is the final score...not how many injuries a team had, who was hurt, how poorly someone played, etc...

Plenty of super bowl winners won because other teams players were injured.

The year the Stealers won SB XL, in their first playoff game, Carson Palmer (who was on fire that year) was injured in the first quarter. John Kitna went the rest of the way. Not saying that's why they won, but it's an example.