Dome Da Dome, Dome

Guest dog14787

Oh, come on, that Fish game where Ricky had 2 long runs and then the snow started falling and he and his teammates ran for the bus was one of the most fun games I've ever been at. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." We were in about 8" of snow by the time it was over and it was great.

We were reminiscing about that game at the Detroit pre-season game a couple weeks ago. Being in the parking lots after the game, watching all the cars sit in the same spot for an hour due to the road conditions/accidents, while were had a fire going and beers opened.

And what, suddenly because it's the SB we have to play somewhere "nice" ? Eff that.

Yea. They don't like to have the SB in bad weather. Oops. Spoke to soon.

How about the winner of the SB gets to host the following year?

An extra reward, if you will.

The Super Bowl is awarded years before the event. No way it will be one year before, or has people have suggested in the past, by the team with the better conference record after the NFC/AFC Championship games.

If owner's (old or new) of the Bills in Buffalo want to get top dollar for seats then a retractable dome should be strongly considered. Personally, in my opinion, it needs to be in downtown or by the Lake Erie and should be surronded by other amenities that draw people from the suburbs into the city as that is key to revitalizing the city. The new stadium the Colts built would look great in Buffalo.

Die hard fans are going to the games no matter what. However, if the team wants (or needs) to increase ticket prices and stay competetive, there must be agreater draw for more families and corporate dollars. Outdoor stadiums do not have the same allure for these fans. Most, and I said most, people will not bring their entire family to a bills game in nov and dec. in bad elements. For those to disagree, look which games have been the hardest to sell out in recent years (they are not in Sept. and Oct.). I have been to many December games at the Ralph and they are much more fun to watch on TV than to be at.

Furthermore, we are not the same cold weather juggernaut we once were. Most of our skill players have struggled in the weather. Teams beat teams with better players and coaches. The elemets are less of a factor than most people think as far as the product on the field goes.

I know allot of you guys just love the idea of bringing our oppenents into Buffalo when the wind is blowing ,the snow is flying, its about 20 bellow wind chill factor and for the most part everyhing is frozen, I mean everything :huh:

But don't we suffer just as badly as they do, I mean think about it this is our house. Do you turn the heat off in your house? I don't, I like it warm, I play better when its warm, its nice to be warm in our house.

Now picture TE with mittens on :huh:

We need a Dome :pirate:

I agree -- football must be played outside. all the dome teams have gotten rid of or are in the process of getting rid of their domes. Most of these retractable roof deals are just as bad as a dome, with their racing stripe type roofs. That new place Indy has is repulsive. Give me a bog open bowl and save $400M in the process.

You can all burn me at the stake for this suggestion, but I wouldn't mind nor be surprised to see Toronto host a Super Bowl toward the end of our contract with them.

I don't want a dome in Buffalo, and that would, in fact, prohibit us from ever hosting a Super Bowl. So why not use our Plan B stadium?

Right, lets have the biggest game of the year played in a blizzard.

This way nobody has any idea whats going on, not even the officials.

The Championship is kinda just up for grabs :pirate:

Do you recall the Colts-Bears SB in Miami? Only hockey and basketball should be played indoors.

Domes are for panzies :pirate: . I don't mind being outside at the Ralph in December. Yeah, it's cold, but you can bear it if your know how to dress/prepare.

Exactly. If you can't take 3 hours of cold/snow while watching a football game, turn in your man card and your football fan card.

ask the folks in Atlanta about the Georgia Dome. They will tell ya its nice to watch a football game and not be drowning in the rain while they do it,

and the Frozen tundra means frozen, do you want to play on frozen tundra?

I don't even like the sounds of it :cry:

The Georgia Dome sucks. No tailgating to speak of and the atmosphere is downright pale compared to Buffalo or a good college venue.

Apart from possibly San Diego, I don' think there's a better Autumn weather city in the NFL as Atlanta. As much as I hate the summer heat and humidity, the payoff is beautiful temps at the end of September on through November and sometimes even into December. Absolutely perfect football weather. It's a shame to sit in that over-sized circus tent and not be able to see the fabulous clear blue Fall skies during a game. Add to that the overly-loud hip-hop style music blasting from the suspended PA speakers that reverberates throughout the enclosure, and it's not a very "spectator-friendly" environment for an old timer like me who goes back to the Rockpile days and still likes to breath the crisp autumn air.

If Buffalo should ever build a new stadium, I'd hope it would be open air, or at the very least, be a retractable roof facility so we can enjoy the perfect weather days.

Indoor arenas are for hockey, basketball, and jalopy-driving clowns tossing buckets of confetti.

Guest dog14787
If owner's (old or new) of the Bills in Buffalo want to get top dollar for seats then a retractable dome should be strongly considered. Personally, in my opinion, it needs to be in downtown or by the Lake Erie and should be surronded by other amenities that draw people from the suburbs into the city as that is key to revitalizing the city. The new stadium the Colts built would look great in Buffalo.

Die hard fans are going to the games no matter what. However, if the team wants (or needs) to increase ticket prices and stay competetive, there must be agreater draw for more families and corporate dollars. Outdoor stadiums do not have the same allure for these fans. Most, and I said most, people will not bring their entire family to a bills game in nov and dec. in bad elements. For those to disagree, look which games have been the hardest to sell out in recent years (they are not in Sept. and Oct.). I have been to many December games at the Ralph and they are much more fun to watch on TV than to be at.

Furthermore, we are not the same cold weather juggernaut we once were. Most of our skill players have struggled in the weather. Teams beat teams with better players and coaches. The elemets are less of a factor than most people think as far as the product on the field goes.

Same thing he said :wallbash:

Times have changed, the mighty Buffalo has awoken from his long, long nap and he's mad. Mad at the thought of leaving Buffalo, mad because he's missed the playoffs for so long he's not even sure how many years its been. He's mad because Fairchild tried to slay the offense, and he's mad for being frozen solid every winter, then you wonder where he's been, GEESH

The mighty Buffalo is pissed off :cry:

Good thing is, when you get the mighty Buffalo angry, it turns into a Buffalo stampede, and then nothing can stop the mangy beast.

So maybe if we keep our mighty Buffallo a little happier, house him in a nice, warm climate, He will refrain from hibernation,

and the whole world will be a better place. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
The Georgia Dome sucks. No tailgating to speak of and the atmosphere is downright pale compared to Buffalo or a good college venue.

Apart from possibly San Diego, I don' think there's a better Autumn weather city in the NFL as Atlanta. As much as I hate the summer heat and humidity, the payoff is beautiful temps at the end of September on through November and sometimes even into December. Absolutely perfect football weather. It's a shame to sit in that over-sized circus tent and not be able to see the fabulous clear blue Fall skies during a game. Add to that the overly-loud hip-hop style music blasting from the suspended PA speakers that reverberates throughout the enclosure, and it's not a very "spectator-friendly" environment for an old timer like me who goes back to the Rockpile days and still likes to breath the crisp autumn air.

If Buffalo should ever build a new stadium, I'd hope it would be open air, or at the very least, be a retractable roof facility so we can enjoy the perfect weather days.

Indoor arenas are for hockey, basketball, and jalopy-driving clowns tossing buckets of confetti.

The Georgia Dome sucks if your a duck, quak,quak,quak,quak :cry:

Most domes are pretty bad. A retractable roof stadium would be fine if it was used only when the weather was miserable......say what you want but playing in tropical storm winds and a real blizzard is miserable and not good for the game. When it is snowing a bit and winds are reasonable, keep it open. But with a retractable roof stadium you would be able to draw other events/conventions etc...to generate more revenue to the stadium. Have it Buffalo themed. Have actual small santuary for real Buffalo. Honor the great lakes with some type of exhibit. Have a Bills store and a "museum" to honor all the past Bills and team next to the stadium. They could have pre-defined criteria to close the roof....winds over 30mph, blizzard , less than 10 degrees out etc....but actually 90% of the time despite what everybody thinks about the weather it would be open. That wonderful game against the Dolphins a few yrs back when it was snowing gently......those elements are fine. It is just the extreme elements people hate...extrme cold, wind and snow. That would give you really the best of both worlds and keep the advantage to us.

Guest dog14787

A new state of the art, on the cutting edge of new architectural design (doggonit, I'll design it) Dome.

This Dome will have retractable upper half wall sections (half way up) north, south, east and west, corresponding with partial retractable ceiling sections, allowing upper stadium viewers an outside view of something good like say, Niagra Falls.

Give it an open air look like no Dome thats ever been built. A Dome with statues of all the greats from footballs history scattered across the superstructure, a Dome built for the Football Gods,

doggonit, was I day dreaming again :wallbash:

sorry fellas, another doggie dream :cry:

Guest dog14787
I agree -- football must be played outside. all the dome teams have gotten rid of or are in the process of getting rid of their domes. Most of these retractable roof deals are just as bad as a dome, with their racing stripe type roofs. That new place Indy has is repulsive. Give me a bog open bowl and save $400M in the process.

all the dome teams have gotten rid of or are in the process of getting rid of their domes? Did you just make that up?

maybe you are missing the big picture and with all the wind, rain and snow in your face, its no wonder!!! :cry:

TE, mittens, TE, mittens, awwww, its no use, bring on the snow :wallbash: