Free Agent LB's 09

Buffalo Mike1

As a OSU fan Laurinaitis is overrated he should go 20+. I wouldn't want him to come to BUF. He gets eat up by blockers and today he blew for most of the game.

Off the list posted Gerald McRath, Southern Miss, Jr. and Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri, Jr. are the best WILL LB'ers. I'd like to see 1 of them if we draft a LB in the 1st 2 rounds.

Channing Crowder would be a good replacement for Crowell. Probably an upgrade actually. I don't see Tuna, as the "Big Cahuna" in Miami, letting the guy walk though. I think he'll be extended before the year is out. Vilma is a MLB and could give us the opportunity to move Poz to the ROLB position. Don't know if that would be a good place for Poz really.

Now this right here is the list we should really be focused on. The list of LB's coming up in this year's draft potentially:

Inside Linebacker

James Laurinaitis, Ohio St

Rey Maualuga, USC

Brandon Spikes, Florida, Jr.

Darryl Beckwith, LSU

Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina

Scott McKillop, Pitt

Worrell Williams, Cal

Dave Philistin, Maryland

Ronnie Palmer, Arizona

Daniel Holtzclaw, Eastern Michigan

Outside Linebacker

Brian Cushing, USC

Marcus Freeman, Ohio St.

Aaron Curry, Wake Forest

Gerald McRath, Southern Miss, Jr.

Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri, Jr.

Tyrone McKenzie, South Florida

Zach Follett, Cal

Jonathan Casillas, Wisconsin

Anthony Felder, Cal

Anthony Heygood, Purdue

Thank you. I think it's safe to assume we will draft a LB in the 1st. With the sick talent coming out this year. I' not too worried about the position next year.

heres Buffalos list of free agents next year:

QB Gibran Hamdan UFA - needs to be re-signed

QB J.P. Losman UFA - actually would likr to re-sign...not many better backup FA's next year

RB Fred Jackson RFA - needs to be re-signed

WR Justin Jenkins RFA - would like to see re-signed

WR Roscoe Parrish UFA - needs to be re-signed

TE Kevin Everett UFA - we all know this one

OG Kirk Chambers UFA - could stay, could go

C Melvin Fowler UFA - looks like we might be drafting C high in 09'

OL Duke Preston UFA - unsure at this time

DL Copeland Bryan RFA - no feelings either way

DL Ryan Neill ERFA

LB Angelo Crowell UFA - will be on another team in 09'

LB John DiGiorgio RFA - probably keep him for depth

LB Keith Ellison RFA - would like to keep but I think Bowen takes his spot next year

CB Jabari Greer UFA - needs to be re-signed

FS George Wilson UFA - again we draft or get better FA

ok back on topic - I think Bowens takes Crowells spot next year with Ellison backing him up and we draft a LB in top 3 rounds...I wouldnt be surprised to see Buffalo draft in order LB, DT,C, OT/OG, S, QB

Personally I like Vilma best in terms of need. Bring him back to the AFC East. His a great 4-3 OLB. He'll rebound and have a monster year. The 3-4 didn't suit his talents.

The 3-4 didn't suit him because he couldn't play in the middle. He can't play in the middle here either.

ok back on topic - I think Bowens takes Crowells spot next year with Ellison backing him up and we draft a LB in top 3 rounds...I wouldnt be surprised to see Buffalo draft in order LB, DT,C, OT/OG, S, QB

What has Bowen done to earn a starting position? We need to go LB in the draft in rounds 1 or 2.