Walker to Start at LT

Frez

Bills | Chambers to start at right tackle

Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:00:12 -0700

Buffalo Bills OG Kirk Chambers will start for the team at right tackle while OT Jason Peters continues his holdout.

Bills | L. Walker to start at left tackle

Mon, 1 Sep 2008 09:57:33 -0700

Buffalo Bills OT Langston Walker will start for the team at left tackle while OT Jason Peters continues his holdout.

I'm really rooting for the Bills, you guys -- Bills' fans are the BEST -- but I just believe the Seahawks are going to have eighteen sacks and Buffalo will rush for negative 135 yards. It's just not possible for Edwards or Lynch to produce without my illegitimate son...err...Jason Peters playing on the left side. Have you seen his feet? He's like a dancer on the field. Have you seen his arms? They're twice the length of his body and keep defenders 20 yards away from the QB. In fact, the Bills could play with only two offensive linemen if Peters is playing. One guy to snap the ball, and Jason to pancake the four or five rushing defenders.

I fear for Edwards' life, I really do. It's almost unfair he has to take snaps from center without Peters on the field. Is it possible for Buffalo to forfeit and avoid the embarrassment?

I LOVE the Bills!! Go Bills!!

-- Anonymous poster in the Big Apple

Yeah I agree with the guy above me. In the preseason it was looking like marshawn was getting stuffed repeatedly. Without peters at LT it isnt the same=(. Though walker does look decent at LT. its just good ol' kirk chambers on the RS that looks shaky. Peters better get back, without him I'd subtract 2 wins...........figures he holds out this year........

Bills | Chambers to start at right tackle

Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:00:12 -0700

Buffalo Bills OG Kirk Chambers will start for the team at right tackle while OT Jason Peters continues his holdout.

Bills | L. Walker to start at left tackle

Mon, 1 Sep 2008 09:57:33 -0700

Buffalo Bills OT Langston Walker will start for the team at left tackle while OT Jason Peters continues his holdout.

Who?

I'm really rooting for the Bills, you guys -- Bills' fans are the BEST -- but I just believe the Seahawks are going to have eighteen sacks and Buffalo will rush for negative 135 yards. It's just not possible for Edwards or Lynch to produce without my illegitimate son...err...Jason Peters playing on the left side. Have you seen his feet? He's like a dancer on the field. Have you seen his arms? They're twice the length of his body and keep defenders 20 yards away from the QB. In fact, the Bills could play with only two offensive linemen if Peters is playing. One guy to snap the ball, and Jason to pancake the four or five rushing defenders.

I fear for Edwards' life, I really do. It's almost unfair he has to take snaps from center without Peters on the field. Is it possible for Buffalo to forfeit and avoid the embarrassment?

I LOVE the Bills!! Go Bills!!

-- Anonymous poster in the Big Apple

Nah, I am just a guy who wants the Bills to win. Unlike some, I don't live in a dream world.

At this point, a trade wouldn't surprise me. Do you think that Ralph would take a 1 and a 2 from a somewhat weak team? I don't. What if said team finished last, and we had the first pick of the draft? Would Ralph/Jauron draft a 65 million dollar LT, even if he thought he was the next Orlando Pace? :devil:

No, if Peters is traded, it will probably be to a contender for this reason alone.

The Bills had a very good chance to make the playoffs this year. It could still happen; anything is possible. Without Peters, they have a much better chance of once again treading water. This is disappointing to some fans. You know, the ones who are objective rather than starry eyed, and can see no wrong from Ralph, or the great Dick Jauron. :devil:

Know what I mean?

At this point, a trade wouldn't surprise me. Do you think that Ralph would take a 1 and a 2 from a somewhat weak team? I don't. What if said team finished last, and we had the first pick of the draft? Would Ralph/Jauron draft a 65 million dollar LT, even if he thought he was the next Orlando Pace? :devil:

No, if Peters is traded, it will probably be to a contender for this reason alone.

Please, that's just silly.

You know, the ones who are objective rather than starry eyed, and can see no wrong from Ralph, or the great Dick Jauron. :devil:

Know what I mean?

The next time I see one of those starry-eyed guys who see no wrong from Ralph or Dick, I'll let you know. I certainly don't know any. You've lost just a wee bit of realism and perception in your great offensive line quest, Bill.

Know what I mean?

Please, that's just silly.

I hope it is VOR. I really do, but it is a scary situation.

NFL Teams use top 10, 5, or even the #1 pick on a regular basis to draft LTs that they think, might be as good as Peters alreay is, and pay them double what Peters makes before they ever take the field in an NFL game. We all know this to be true.

Do you believe that Mr. Wilson would pay out a 30 million dollar signing bonus to a rookie LT, and ink him to a deal that would cost him 60 million or so for 5 years? It is tough for me to picture. That's what I was trying to say.

Hey.....I also blame Peters to a degree for this calamity. I think that the Bills are entitled to have him examined by a doctor or 2 before they give him the big bucks. That said, I sense that the Bills had/have no intention of giving him a raise this season, and I happen to think, based on how well he plays this vital position, he deserves one.

NFL Teams use top 10, 5, or even the #1 pick on a regular basis to draft LTs that they think, might be as good as Peters alreay is, and pay them double what Peters makes before they ever take the field in an NFL game. We all know this to be true.

Do you believe that Mr. Wilson would pay out a 30 million dollar signing bonus to a rookie LT, and ink him to a deal that would cost him 60 million or so for 5 years? It is tough for me to picture. That's what I was trying to say.

Are you saying this is a recent development on Ralph's part? Because in 2002, the Bills used the #4 overall pick on a guy who they paid a ton of money, to eventually play LT. And last year, Ralph doled out the most money in signing bonuses in the league.

Hey.....I also blame Peters to a degree for this calamity. I think that the Bills are entitled to have him examined by a doctor or 2 before they give him the big bucks. That said, I sense that the Bills had/have no intention of giving him a raise this season, and I happen to think, based on how well he plays this vital position, he deserves one.

As I've said before, it depends on what he was asking for. For all we know, Parker might have demanded the Bills redo the last 3 years of Peters' contract to given him $10M a year with $15M guaranteed and to make his last year voidable, which would make Peters an UFA in the uncapped year of 2010. Or maybe it was a longer extension, but some allowance for 2010 jacking-up LT salaries and an escalator being demanded? I don't know. But I do know that sitting-out 10 games and losing $4M, and not getting a new deal in 2009, and then ostensibly demanding a trade that probably won't come, would be the height of stupidity.

Are you saying this is a recent development on Ralph's part? Because in 2002, the Bills used the #4 overall pick on a guy who they paid a ton of money, to eventually play LT.

I am aware of this. You make a solid point, but you must admit that with the new CBA, the price went sky high. Ralph himself acknowledges the situation all the time.

Btw, talk about a dumb mistake....Williams was a mauler in college. He was just too big and strong for the kids to line up against him. Still, at that weight, I can't understand what TD was thinking in terms of him ever playing LT in this league. I know that his qb was left-handed, but this is the NFL, and Williams probably outweighed the next biggest LT by 50 pounds or more. :devil:

I believe that Walker has done a pretty good job a LT. But i also would rather have Peters because Walker was so good at RT last season but the play of Walker could help Peters get in here quicker because if Walker does good Peters is going to realize "hey that can play without me....i have no leverage". Then he would come in play out this year then we can give him that big contract he deserves.....but this summer/year we have to get Evans locked up because he deserves it more right now for being such a true professional.

Bill, have you thought about anything else in the past 3 months other than Jason Peters? For gods sake, give it a rest. The guy is a good player, but I think he was far from spectacular last season. Our offense scored TWENTY touchdowns the entire season. With those numbers, noone deserves a raise, especially a guy who has THREE years left on his contract. I don't think he even wants to play for the Bills any longer. Forget about the guy, and enjoy who we have playing, because I think we have a LOT of talent on this year's roster.

It all starts Sunday. You can only root for the guys who are actually on the team. Bye Bye Jason Peters, you will really miss football while we begin our march to the promised land.

Bill, have you thought about anything else in the past 3 months other than Jason Peters? For gods sake, give it a rest. The guy is a good player, but I think he was far from spectacular last season.

You are implying that Bill and Mickey Mouse are same poster. I know Mickey is an imaginary person but Bill is not.