OK people, It's "show me" time

Preseason is over and the roster is set. The coaching staff has had an entire off-season to evaluate, plan and implement changes for this upcoming season. The front office has dropped some new talent into Jauron's lap. The young players on the team have gained more experience from last year.

While this is always an optimistic and anticipation-filled time of year, I for one are looking for results from this team and coaching staff. Tangible results in terms of wins and losses that would support that the team is moving in the right direction. No more hope or hype, just results on the field in real games.

Here is what I intend to look for from this team and staff in the early weeks of the season:

1. Since Jauron has been the coach, this team has not looked ready to play in week one. Even in a loss, they need to look competitive, energized and disciplined on opening day.

2. Edwards needs to show he deserves the starting spot.

3. The healthy and more experienced defense needs to make a big move from bottom of the league to at least in the upper half.

4. Turk needs to show that he was a the single best choice for the OC job. This means more points from the offense and evidence that they can put away bad teams or win some games from behind.

5. Jauron needs to make good in-game decisions in terms of clock management and critical plays where the head coach typically has input into offensive and defensive play selection. Good use of last 2 minutes in each half. A little emotion and "calling a spade a spade" publically wouldn't hurt either. Show us some damned determination coach.

6. Special teams need to continue a high level of play.

Anything less than 3-2 going into the bye week will make the playoffs an uphill battle.

It's "show time".

Preseason is over and the roster is set. The coaching staff has had an entire off-season to evaluate, plan and implement changes for this upcoming season. The front office has dropped some new talent into Jauron's lap. The young players on the team have gained more experience from last year.

While this is always an optimistic and anticipation-filled time of year, I for one are looking for results from this team and coaching staff. Tangible results in terms of wins and losses that would support that the team is moving in the right direction. No more hope or hype, just results on the field in real games.

Here is what I intend to look for from this team and staff in the early weeks of the season:

1. Since Jauron has been the coach, this team has not looked ready to play in week one. Even in a loss, they need to look competitive, energized and disciplined on opening day.

2. Edwards needs to show he deserves the starting spot.

3. The healthy and more experienced defense needs to make a big move from bottom of the league to at least in the upper half.

4. Turk needs to show that he was a the single best choice for the OC job. This means more points from the offense and evidence that they can put away bad teams or win some games from behind.

5. Jauron needs to make good in-game decisions in terms of clock management and critical plays where the head coach typically has input into offensive and defensive play selection. Good use of last 2 minutes in each half. A little emotion and "calling a spade a spade" publically wouldn't hurt either. Show us some damned determination coach.

6. Special teams need to continue a high level of play.

Anything less than 3-2 going into the bye week will make the playoffs an uphill battle.

It's "show time".

I think the season rests in the hands of our OL. NO matter how good our D or ST plays, if our O cant get blocking, we're in trouble. I love our blocking schemes since mcnally left, lets hope Chambers and Dockery at the Tackles will be able to produce.

I think the season rests in the hands of our OL. NO matter how good our D or ST plays, if our O cant get blocking, we're in trouble. I love our blocking schemes since mcnally left, lets hope Chambers and Dockery at the Tackles will be able to produce.

Agreed this will be make or brake, OL have failed to show consistency throughout pre-season, if they hold up we're golden.

The opener will be a decent test for an improved Bills team - on paper. It's been talked about for so long, but running the ball and stopping the run are still huge things the team hasn't done well in a long time.

Without putting too much into pre-season, there were some issues running the ball. I'd like to see the OL, with or without Peters, put that notion to rest. They'll have the benefit of not seeing a few Seattle guys like Babineaux and Bernard, but Tatupu and Kerney remain from a decent defense.

The defense has the size to finally hold up at the line of scrimmage and keep opponents from running the ball down their throat. Stroud should be setting the table each game for the LB's to make some plays. I always tired of hearing how previous Bills teams wanted LB's to run to the ball and make plays. The difference was a stout front 4 to control the LOS, and now they have that - on paper.

As a reasonable Bills fan, I've got to be cautiously optimistic. The schedule seems to favor them, and they've got more size in the defenses' front 7. As improved as the defense seems to be, if the offense cannot put at least 20+ on the board each week, there will still be issues.

Do you think that's what is was? Kinda like a "the game passed him by" thing?

As far as the topic. I think we need to see improvement and or certainty in all 6 areas mentioned. But, I also think that those 6 aren't that hard to accomplish.

Bottom Line: After the game next Sunday we will have about a 6-70% decision of whether Fairchild was to blame for the offense last year. Everything so far points to that. Every interview, every stat, every play call points in that direction = Fairchild belongs in college. But, we'll see what's what on gameday.

Do you think that's what is was? Kinda like a "the game passed him by" thing?

As far as the topic. I think we need to see improvement and or certainty in all 6 areas mentioned. But, I also think that those 6 aren't that hard to accomplish.

Bottom Line: After the game next Sunday we will have about a 6-70% decision of whether Fairchild was to blame for the offense last year. Everything so far points to that. Every interview, every stat, every play call points in that direction = Fairchild belongs in college. But, we'll see what's what on gameday.

Well, if one is prone to put a lot of stock in mass auditions at exhibitions anyway. :thumbsup:

A good leader can't pretend to be something they're not. If Tony Dungy can do it this way, so can Dick Jauron.