Is Sarah Palin covering for her 16yr old daughter?

JK2000

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, but I still don't think it is fair game, even on this board.

Agreed. Though I'd take it a step further and say the life of a 17-year-old kid, even the pregnant child of a VP candidate, shouldn't be fair game anywhere - not here on this board, and not in the media. But that won't stop some.

Obama has said this is off limits as a campaign subject and if anybody on his campaign had anything to do with the rumors they will be fired.

I hope he stands by that and I hope his supporters follow his lead.

As far as the poor girl who finds herself caught in a national media feeding frenzy, she has my total sympathy.

The fact of the matter is that she should be absolutely free to make here own choices and as far as I can tell she did and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, her mother is now suddenly a national political figure of not inconsiderable stature, a candidate for the office of Vice President of the United States. And her mother's politics are decidedly conservative.

The choice she made (Unprotected Premarital Sex) stand in direct contrast to her mother's politics.

If her mother were on the opposite side of the aisle I have no doubt that the same people who are calling liberals hypocrites for bringing this subject up would be in the forefront of the mob haranguing her behavior as being a prime example of what is wrong with this country and the liberal elite who are ruining it.

Instead they are now in the front of the mob haranguing the "liberals" picking on the poor girl and trying to take away her right to choose how she will live her life, while conveniently forgetting that she made the choices which put her in the spotlight.

It's not fair. It's not right. It's just true.

I can't even begin to fathom how ugly this situation would be if the shoe was on the other foot. A soccer mom with very limited political experience who has a husband with a DWI and a pregnant, unwed teenage daughter....The GOP would RUIN them.

Agreed. Though I'd take it a step further and say the life of a 17-year-old kid, even the pregnant child of a VP candidate, shouldn't be fair game anywhere - not here on this board, and not in the media. But that won't stop some.

I hope he stands by that and I hope his supporters follow his lead.

The story is on the front page of New York Times dot.com. That's disgusting. I understand that it's a news story, but it shouldn't be front page news. Granted, I do believe that they would put it on the front page if, say, Biden's 17 year old daughter were pregnant, too, but still. Another pockmark on the Times, IMO.

I can't even begin to fathom how ugly this situation would be if the shoe was on the other foot. A soccer mom with very limited political experience who has a husband with a DWI and a pregnant, unwed teenage daughter....The GOP would RUIN them.

Ya right, the GOP would never resort to making ad hominem attacks on a teenage girl.........unless you count John McCain as a member of the GOP............and unless "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno" can be considered an ad hominem attack.

The story is on the front page of New York Times dot.com. That's disgusting. I understand that it's a news story, but it shouldn't be front page news. Granted, I do believe that they would put it on the front page if, say, Biden's 17 year old daughter were pregnant, too, but still. Another pockmark on the Times, IMO.

Ummmmm, it's on the front page everywhere..........

So what would that make Barack Obama....

Question... Was Barack Obama'a Mama pregnant with Obama before she was married? and how old was she when she got pregnant with the chosen one?

:devil:

How is that Barack's responsibilty? This is about Palin's inability to govern her own family.

I think Gustav is probably the only thing keeping it off the front page/the headline story of the others...

I think Gustav is probably the only thing keeping it off the front page/the headline story of the others...

I just checked Foxnews, it's on the front page there as well. It's not just the NYT like the OP would like you to believe.

Ya right, the GOP would never resort to making ad hominem attacks on a teenage girl.........unless you count John McCain as a member of the GOP............and unless "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno" can be considered an ad hominem attack.

Ummmmm, it's on the front page everywhere..........

Just because other people do it, doesn't mean it's right. And surely, just because other sites put it on their front page, doesn't mean it's right. This should be a blogosphere story, IMO. And again, I think it is news, and there should be some coverage, because it goes against what Palin stands for and the reason I believe she was put on the ticket. But the NYT shouldn't be as tabloid as it is, it should be more serious and it's not.

How is that Barack's responsibilty? This is about Palin's inability to govern her own family.

Get off your high horse... good kids get pregnant.... doesn't make em bad I can think of a dozen or so people I know who got pregnant did the right thing and have been in great marriages for decades.....

by the way... you can do the math....."When they became engaged, both sets of parents opposed the marriage, with Barack, Sr.'s father in particular objecting. Nevertheless, the couple married on February 2, 1961 in Maui, Hawaii.[6][1]

On August 4, 1961, at age 18, she gave birth to her first child whom she named Barack Hussein Obama II."

doesnt make it a bad thing....

Just because other people do it, doesn't mean it's right. And surely, just because other sites put it on their front page, doesn't mean it's right. This should be a blogosphere story, IMO. And again, I think it is news, and there should be some coverage, because it goes against what Palin stands for and the reason I believe she was put on the ticket. But the NYT shouldn't be as tabloid as it is, it should be more serious and it's not.

News is news, I still don't understand why you've singled out the NYT for reporting a story that everyone else is reporting on their front page. Can you find me any news website where this isn't on the front page?

Get off your high horse... good kids get pregnant.... doesn't make em bad I can think of a dozen or so people I know who got pregnant did the right thing and have been in great marriages for decades.....

by the way... you can do the math....."When they became engaged, both sets of parents opposed the marriage, with Barack, Sr.'s father in particular objecting. Nevertheless, the couple married on February 2, 1961 in Maui, Hawaii.[6][1]

On August 4, 1961, at age 18, she gave birth to her first child whom she named Barack Hussein Obama II."

doesnt make it a bad thing....

I'm not talking about the kid, I'm talking about the lackluster parenting skills by a woman being shoved down our throats as being qualified to become the President of the United States.

News is news, I still don't understand why you've singled out the NYT for reporting a story that everyone else is reporting on their front page.

Because their standards should be higher. They should be the most serious of news organizations and they are not, and they haven't been for quite some time. This is more of a tabloid story, IMO, more than a serious news story, regardless of its truth.

Because their standards should be higher. They should be the most serious of news organizations and they are not, and they haven't been for quite some time. This is more of a tabloid story, IMO, more than a serious news story, regardless of its truth.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything higher from the NYT. They're just trying to make a buck like anyone else.