Kevin Faulk suspended 1 game

bills44

From ESPN:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The NFL has suspended New England Patriots running back Kevin Faulk for the team's opening game against the Kansas City Chiefs for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Faulk was also fined two game checks.

Faulk's suspension began Saturday. He will be eligible to return to the team Sept. 8, the day after New England's opener against Kansas City.

Sorry if this is a re-post, didn't see it listed.

I thought this was an automatic 4 game suspension, not 1. Or do they make an exception for the Pats*?

Yes, in addition to referees having to remember two sets of rule books for on-the-field -- one for the Pats and one for the 31 other teams, now league officials must remember two set of league policies for off-the-field issues. Must be a lot of work for them to remember all these rules. It sure would be easier for them if they just applied all rules and policies equally to all 32 teams.

ESPN goes on to say that he was suspended for marijuana. Followed by the usual: "The pot wasn't his" claim from Faulk's agent.

Faulk is one of the few quality guys on the Patriots.

He voluntarily took a piss test 2 days after the incident and came back completely clean.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Moss' grass.

ESPN goes on to say that he was suspended for marijuana. Followed by the usual: "The pot wasn't his" claim from Faulk's agent.

I hear that one all the time.

Best one I ever heard was after finding crack in a gentlemans back pocket he proceeded to tell me that he borrowed the pants from a friend.