Rudi Johnson to be released

Per NFL.com

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

Interesting, that it says "Saint's" to do so above it... obviously a mistake, but should be interesting to see where he ends up. Houston? :oops:

bad mistake by nfl.com. On that note Rudi is pretty much done. I still think the guy was nothing more then a product of the talent around him for awhile. He's just so one dimensonal. One of the most boring rb's I've ever watched.

bad mistake by nfl.com. On that note Rudi is pretty much done. I still think the guy was nothing more then a product of the talent around him for awhile. He's just so one dimensonal. One of the most boring rb's I've ever watched.

I disagree, I think he has a lot left and if he can get with a good blocking team he'll be great. If he somehow ends up in Denver he'll hit 1200 yards.

Fortunately I set my leagues FF draft for anytime after 12:01 tonight and I moved Chris Perry up significantly on my draft board. Still wondering where to put Johnson. It would be nice to know what team picks him up.

I disagree, I think he has a lot left and if he can get with a good blocking team he'll be great. If he somehow ends up in Denver he'll hit 1200 yards.

Fortunately I set my leagues FF draft for anytime after 12:01 tonight and I moved Chris Perry up significantly on my draft board. Still wondering where to put Johnson. It would be nice to know what team picks him up.

I think the guy has a future as a short yardage/goalline back on some team, which could increase his value in some fantasy leagues. As far as being a starter anymore. I don't see it. He doesnt strike me as a Broncos kind of rb. I could see him end up on say the Eagles, a power back to compliment Westbrook.

Careful with Johnson. He has not recovered from last year's hamstring injury. I would not draft him.

Alot left? Yeah, so does Shaun Alexander. lol

Rudi is shot. Time to turn the page.

He had the top two rushing seasons in Bengals history -- 361 carries-1,454 yards in '04, 337-1,458 in '05.

For the record, Thurman Thomas was the last Bills back to record a 1,450-yard season, in 1992. Last one to do it back-to-back? O.J. Simpson with 1,817 in 1975 and 1,503 in 1976.

Did Rudi benefit from the Palmer-to-Johnson connection? Undoubtedly ... but he didn't exactly suck, either. Is he done? Could be. 1,039 carries in three seasons (2004-06) is an awful lot of pounding to take.

He had the top two rushing seasons in Bengals history -- 361 carries-1,454 yards in '04, 337-1,458 in '05.

For the record, Thurman Thomas was the last Bills back to record a 1,450-yard season, in 1992. Last one to do it back-to-back? O.J. Simpson with 1,817 in 1975 and 1,503 in 1976.

Did Rudi benefit from the Palmer-to-Johnson connection? Undoubtedly ... but he didn't exactly suck, either. Is he done? Could be. 1,039 carries in three seasons (2004-06) is an awful lot of pounding to take.

In game #3 last season against SEA, the B'gals idiot OC Bob Bratkowski decided to run Johnson outside (!), against the 'hawks decent lbs.

Sheer madness...Johnson was 17 for 9 yards and injured a hamstring. He returned after missing several games, was ineffective, and injured the other hamstring.

He took only a very few snaps in camp, and did not play in any pre-season game.

Good stats, Lori -- I think you're dead on with the pounding comment. Rudi is (was) a between the tackles bruiser who took advantage of Cinci's prolific passing attack. You just knew he was going to break down (at least that's what I thought).

no doubt

I'm surpirsed ny this, to be honest. While I don't exactly follow the Bengals much, it was my understanding that Rudi Johnson showed up to cap in great shape. He has had trouble staying healthy lately, but had some great years. Chris Perry is very good, but has never been healthy, ever. To just hand that job over too him, seems risky.

I'm surpirsed ny this, to be honest. While I don't exactly follow the Bengals much, it was my understanding that Rudi Johnson showed up to cap in great shape. He has had trouble staying healthy lately, but had some great years. Chris Perry is very good, but has never been healthy, ever. To just hand that job over too him, seems risky.

Very risky.

That's why I picked Kenny Watson in our FFL draft a couple of hours ago. :thumbsup: