edwards will be the next brady/roethlisberger

robert

will edwards be the next great qb in buffalo, yes, he has the uncanny ability to b 3 steps ahead of the defense and will have the intuition similar to manning and brady, brady had patten, brown and wiggins as his three guys in 01, in his 3rd year they added branch and he broke out, expect to see that from edwards with parrish and hardy being involved in a hight tempo passing attack similar to what brady was like his firt 3 years or so.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this is a bit premature but i know a great qb when i see one and the thing that separates the average from the great is a field general who can process a defense quickly and adapt during the game as a qb. i mean calling ur own plays and dictating to the offense. this is what u see from manning and brady, they dont have great arms or great o-lines, they r 3 steps ahead of everyone else where it counts. edwards is extremely smart and has a solid o-line, with evans parrish reed and hardy u might see lightning strike again in buffalo. having a great qb is what counts and is the only way to win in this league, bottom line. bill walsh told levy about edwards and i can guarantee u walsh wasnt wrong.

Most Bills fans would like to believe that Edwards will become a great QB. But even great QB's can have bad careers for a variety of reasons; bad O Line, Crappy Receivers, Lousy O Coordinator, terrible play calling and injuries. Lord knows the Bills have had all of that and more since JK retired. Got two names for you to consider; Ryan Leaf & Tim Couch. OK....three....Rick Mirer.

Talk about a contradiction.

You state the following:

And then you follow up with this:

You do realize Walsh made those comments about Edwards well before Edwards stepped on the football field as a pro?

So how in the world can you take the opinion of someone regarding a college QB and treat that opinion like it came from an "expert", when by your very own admission such an "expert" does not exist?

ok let me slow this down for ya...i take his opinion,not because hes an expert, but because he is a HOF coach who coached 2 HOF qb's, durrr.... like i said and i'll say again, he may be wrong, because hes no expert.

If you think that being a QB, and having bill walsh talk highly of your skills is the same as having mel kiper toot your horn,

then i dont know what to tell ya

will edwards be the next great qb in buffalo, yes, he has the uncanny ability to b 3 steps ahead of the defense and will have the intuition similar to manning and brady, brady had patten, brown and wiggins as his three guys in 01, in his 3rd year they added branch and he broke out, expect to see that from edwards with parrish and hardy being involved in a hight tempo passing attack similar to what brady was like his firt 3 years or so.

i wanted JP to be that guy soo bad, it was painful. I still think he could be, with the new system and better players that we have now. But that ship has sailed and i hope he goes to the NFC next year and has a great career, maybe even having a showdown with trent in the superbowl(that would be awsome).

Just like i was behind JP, i'm now on the Trent bandwagon and i prey that he makes the leap from yr1 to yr2. Without a franchise QB, you cant win in this league.

7 TDS 8 INTS

Im hopeful as much as the next Bills fan but that stat needs to improve if we are going to call Edwards elite. O and where the hell did you go to school? Any english teacher would rip you apart. I know its a message baord but this is worse than anything ive ever seen on the board. Rant over have a nice day folks :thumbsup:

7 TDS 8 INTS

Im hopeful as much as the next Bills fan but that stat needs to improve if we are going to call Edwards elite. O and where the hell did you go to school? Any english teacher would rip you apart. I know its a message baord but this is worse than anything ive ever seen on the board. Rant over have a nice day folks :lol:

yes master, we all know how smart u r...... :thumbsup::worthy::w00t:

ok let me slow this down for ya...i take his opinion,not because hes an expert, but because he is a HOF coach who coached 2 HOF qb's, durrr.... like i said and i'll say again, he may be wrong, because hes no expert.

If you think that being a QB, and having bill walsh talk highly of your skills is the same as having mel kiper toot your horn,

then i dont know what to tell ya

Let me slow it down for you, since you are unable to grasp the concepts of comprehension, analyzing and facts.

If you had bother to read the whole thread, you would have learned what the HOF SB winning genius of a coach named Walsh felt about the following QBs:

He originally did not like Joe Montana, and in fact preferred Fuller and Dils over Joe.

He liked Rick Mirer, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Steve Young.

He liked Jake Plummer so much he actually referred to Plummer as the next Joe Montana, including winning multiple SB.

Walsh was originally wrong about Joe Montana.

Walsh was correct about Steve Young.

Walsh was wrong about Rick Mirer.

Walsh was wrong about Joey Harrington.

Walsh was wrong about David Carr.

Walsh was wrong about Jake Plummer.

That makes Walsh's record 1 out of 6, or about 16%. This is the record of the guy whose opinion you value.

If you cannot see that the facts say Walsh's opinion regarding QB's is about as valid as Kipers, then I do not what to tell you.

Here a little factoid to chew on: If the 49ers did not trade for OJ Simpson, Walsh and company would still have had their first round pick. Walsh would have grabbed Steve Fuller instead of Montana. And 25+ years later, nobody would gave a crap what Walsh said about a QB.

Let me slow it down for you, since you are unable to grasp the concepts of comprehension, analyzing and facts.

If you had bother to read the whole thread, you would have learned what the HOF SB winning genius of a coach named Walsh felt about the following QBs:

He originally did not like Joe Montana, and in fact preferred Fuller and Dils over Joe.

He liked Jake Plummer so much he actually referred to Plummer as the next Joe Montana, including winning multiple SB.

That makes Walsh's record 1 out of 6, or about 16%. This is the record of the guy whose opinion you value.

If you cannot see that the facts say Walsh's opinion regarding QB's is about as valid as Kipers, then I do not what to tell you.

Here a little factoid to chew on: If the 49ers did not trade for OJ Simpson, Walsh and company would still have had their first round pick. Walsh would have grabbed Steve Fuller instead of Montana. And 25+ years later, nobody would gave a crap what Walsh said about a QB.

u forgot to mention that walsh traded up 4 jerry rice.... and that all of the qbs mentioned had great talent and hardly anyone around them, also plummer was pretty damn good in my opinion, a franchise qb, no. a good qb yes.... thats all walsh said. i dont recall walsh ever saying this guy is the next montana. walsh specifically told levy to draft edwards based on walsh's evaluation and scouting/coaching roots at stanford. the guy went under the radar at stanford because the team around him was horrible. trust me after this year people will b saying edwards is the next great efficient qb. like brady, manning and aikman. by the way anyone on this board that thinks manning and brady r known 4 there arm strength doesnt know that much about them and where there strength is, its there brain!

rick mirer, harrington, and carr had some of the worst teams ever around them including the coaching.

aikman had a gun son. montana and young were limp wristed.

quote name='robert' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:15 PM' post='1109911']

u forgot to mention that walsh traded up 4 jerry rice.... and that all of the qbs mentioned had great talent and hardly anyone around them, also plummer was pretty damn good in my opinion, a franchise qb, no. a good qb yes.... thats all walsh said. i dont recall walsh ever saying this guy is the next montana. walsh specifically told levy to draft edwards based on walsh's evaluation and scouting/coaching roots at stanford. the guy went under the radar at stanford because the team around him was horrible. trust me after this year people will b saying edwards is the next great efficient qb. like brady, manning and aikman. by the way anyone on this board that thinks manning and brady r known 4 there arm strength doesnt know that much about them and where there strength is, its there brain!

yes aikman did have a gun but as far as ever thing else u evaluate, intuition, reading defenses, quick release, timing, leadership, smarts, adapting to different looks, mobility, and just being surreal and cerebral as a qb this guy edwards has it as did the others. the thing that is dangerous and why i predict he will break out is because the bills have a good line and a great line if peters shows up. but i respect the opinions of others and we still need to wait and see, its just speculation and of course any guess work should be scrutinized but thats why its speculation. i trust that people will be coming back to this post say week 12 when the bills r 8-4, 9-3 or so.

ummm that video didnt really show manning's arm strength but rather his timing and accuracy. he doesnt have a weak arm, its just not what he is known for. thats all

The very first pass you see is a 40-yard rope that was taped while in HS. The ball gets there in like 2 seconds. Give it up.

DUDE.... i can throw a pass on a 35 40 yard rope.... its not like he is farve, vick or elway who can throw the ball 80 fuggin yards... u give it up. respectfully i have to disagree, that was his only shortcoming out of college. like i said he doesnt have a weak arm its just not his greatest attribute.

lol dude....your right, Bill Walsh had no idea what he was talking about(sarcasm),

alot of people were wrong on those guys and will be wrong on alot more...whats your point, i think we both agreed your gonna miss more then hit with qb's. the entire league was wrong on Montana.

am i really trying to convince someone on a message board that Bill Walsh was one of the greatest offensive minds in football...thats it for me,im not coming back to this thread, i wont be sucked in, i think your playing a joke on me or something...right? lol :oops:

i know this is a bit premature but i know a great qb when i see one and the thing that separates the average from the great is a field general who can process a defense quickly and adapt during the game as a qb. i mean calling ur own plays and dictating to the offense. this is what u see from manning and brady, they dont have great arms or great o-lines, they r 3 steps ahead of everyone else where it counts. edwards is extremely smart and has a solid o-line, with evans parrish reed and hardy u might see lightning strike again in buffalo. having a great qb is what counts and is the only way to win in this league, bottom line. bill walsh told levy about edwards and i can guarantee u walsh wasnt wrong.

Wow rob you should be a scout if you "know a great qb when you see one" because the fact of the matter is scouts,gms,and especially fans get it wrong on qbs way more than they get it right. I hope your right but even the great bill walsh has been wrong with qbs. Just curious what other qbs did you know were going to be good and turned out good?

You're comparing 2 HOF to a rookie? :oops:

16% is right around 14% which means Walsh is probably right about Edwards. If Edwards has a 14% chance to be great, he will probably be great.

totally disagree on brady. he worked on hus release seasonn 3 and now thorws with his legs and has a very hard throw. he can make any pass. and some would say has a strong arm. his body has also grown. he has added ab out 20-30 pounds since mich. edwards is attempting to do this. brady has a great def wh ogives him good field position. he also has an OL that is a wall to throw behind. creative off. coor helps too.

aikman had a gun son. montana and young were limp wristed.

quote name='robert' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:15 PM' post='1109911']