Warning on the last preseason game

I have been a fan for 42 years and I can't even count the times the Bills looked pretty bad on the last game after looking pretty good for the last 2 weeks.

I would like to just watch something else tonight , but I just can't do it.

Do you guys remember the Superbowl years when Marv's team looked pitiful in preseason, I sure do!

I think WE actually won 1 game in 4 years!

Some players seem to lose concentration on the last game.......I guess they see this a meaningless.

Off sides penalties, dropped passes, poor tackling seem to happen every year on the last game.

These problems almost never carry over into the regular season

I realize most of you already know about the above, yet every year some fans will over react to a poor performance.

Sorry Guys, I just think the PRESEASON IS TOO LONG.

I hope the Bills look good tonight, but it won't keep me up at night if they don't either.

-DIE HARD 1967

I have been a fan for 42 years and I can't even count the times the Bills looked pretty bad on the last game after looking pretty good for the last 2 weeks.

I would like to just watch something else tonight ,but I just can't do it.

Do you guys remember the Superbowl years when Marv's team looked pitiful in preseason, I sure do!

I think WE actually won 1 game in 4 years!

-DIE HARD 1967

I remember reading back then Marv was saying that "preseason games are only to evaluate personnel" or words to that effect.

I remember reading back then Marv was saying that "preseason games are only to evaluate personnel" or words to that effect.

That's why it was laughable that Jauron was trying to run out the clock in the 3rd quarter when we were ahead against the Colts this past week. What kind of evaluation is that? We don't need to win. We need to see which players are going to stand out on this roster.

That's why it was laughable that Jauron was trying to run out the clock in the 3rd quarter when we were ahead against the Colts this past week. What kind of evaluation is that? We don't need to win. We need to see which players are going to stand out on this roster.

Maybe Jauron thought he needed some practice managing the clock

Preseason is a necessary evil... The Owners will never give up games where they DON"T PAY PLAYERS!

One of the biggest problems, imho, w/ the NFL is it's short 16 game schedule... every game is important, unlike in MLB, NBA, and NHL... you can't really afford to lose many games and remain in contention... So, that sort of forces teams to use the preseason more to get ready, rather than simply as a tryout for Training Camp Scrubs... And the longer your starters are in, especially when you have a rookie trying his damndest to make a team by doing something special, the more likely you are to lose a player to injury.

Umm...so, you're suggesting that talent evaluation -- particularly of O-linemen and RBs -- is not possible when calling running plays???

My God, the lengths to which some of you will go to trash Jauron is really quite amazing.

I think it's clear we were more interested in checking out our run blocking and RBs (Wright, Omon, Hall) more than any of the QBs or WRs.

Edit: just saw eball's post before mine. Yeah, what he said!

Edited by Matt in KC

Umm...so, you're suggesting that talent evaluation -- particularly of O-linemen and RBs -- is not possible when calling running plays???

My God, the lengths to which some of you will go to trash Jauron is really quite amazing.

You can't evaluate run blocking when the opposing team knows that you are running the ball to kill the clock.

I like Jauron in general. BUT, his inability to motivate and his conservative game management drive me crazy.

Yeah, but that's also what makes it so great.

I agree 100%. Not only does it make games more meaningful, but it also makes it that much more exciting when each team takes the field.

Baseball and basketball games aren't as exciting because they play 3 times a week. Each sport would be better off if they cut the number of games played in half.

I hope that the NFL doesn't change too much.

1. Cut pre-season to 2 games.

2. Reinstate NFL Europe but with 16 teams where each team is provided players by one AFC team and one NFC team, let them play in 4 divisions with division champs playing knockout playoffs, would mean 8 games max for the worldbowl winner. Schedule NFL Europe in such a way that it doesn't interfere with voluneerly camps, otas and tc.

Jauron better get the skirt off and get this team ready for week one. The Bills have looked bad in each of the last 2 openers. I for one am looking very closely at that.

Jauron better get the skirt off and get this team ready for week one. The Bills have looked bad in each of the last 2 openers. I for one am looking very closely at that.

Last year he clearly did not play his starters enough in preseason.

I think he played them more this year and the Bills looked pretty good.

Buffalo has got to be ready on week 1 and I will be watching that also

You can't evaluate run blocking when the opposing team knows that you are running the ball to kill the clock.

I like Jauron in general. BUT, his inability to motivate and his conservative game management drive me crazy.

Actually, the ability to motivate is considered one of his strengths.