Patriots Sink

I know it is preseason but the Pats have looked horrible. Yeah their Wonderboy QB is out but they can't run, pass, or stop the rush, and special teams has given up two Td's on kick returns during the Eagles game. I don't think they are going to dominate this year. I know people will jump all over this but I think they will struggle to make the playoffs. If I am wrong someone will pull this post up during the season but I think the Bills can take them this year.

On a side note: I think Welker got hurt on a kick return during the Eagles game.

If the Patsies really do end up pushing up daisies this season, then the cheating accusations will really look huge with the new D helmets.

The key to that Pats* offense for years has been the protection afforded Marcia, and this protection lies in their blocking schemes and execution and knowing what defense was called.

Fixed :rolleyes:

If the Patsies really do end up pushing up daisies this season, then the cheating accusations will really look huge with the new D helmets.

Assuming the signal does not mysteriously cut out for their opponents...

Guest dog14787
"I agree with this. I think part of that was a mind game that Belicheat successfully (almost Ha Ha) played on the whole league. The Pats were an incredibly talented team the scared people to death. By running up scores I think they created a myth that they couldn't be beat. The Bills were guilty of believing this. Last years Bills team was also an anomaly. With all of the injuries that we had there were time when I didn't think they were a legitimate NFL team and our offensive play calling was a joke. This especially true during the first game against the Pats when Wil!@#$ took out JP. I think we have better personnel and Turk appears to be a real OC. The Giants exposed the myth that the Pat couldn't be beat and I have seen the affect of that during the three preseason games that I watched."

Let me further this point. There's no way in hell the Bills were going to beat the Pats* last year. No chance. Having Fairchild as the OC, however, guaranteed that the losses would be God-awful. Mark my words - the change in offensive coordinator this year may well turn out to be the single most important upgrade that the Bills make in 2008. More important than McLovin', more important than Hardy, more important than Stroud.

"I don't agree with this simplistic statement but judging by the player performance that I saw things don't look good. The Pats o-line was beat on a regular basis."

Herein is the nugget of the post. Preseason success or failure IS a bit of a chimera. Position/Skill players can come out of the woodwork with outstanding individual contributions (witness Action Jackson and Jabari Greer) and make the team, and everyone gets into a collective buzz. Individual performances in camp mean a LOT less than the strength of the lines. The lines - particularly the OL - are the key, the foundation. If these are struggling, it takes a cooperative effort on the part of 5 people to make it right. The key to that Pats* offense for years has been the protection afforded Marcia, and this protection lies in their blocking schemes and execution. I'm no particle physicist, but I believe it was the Giants' diagnosing of the Pats* schemes that brought the house down - and not necessarily outstanding individual performances by the Giants' defense. And you've had 31 teams studying that Super Bowl tape for about 7 months now. If the Pats* OL is struggling in the preseason, frankly I think it weighs a lot more into the overall chances for their success than Marcia's foot being in a boot.

I'm with you on Fairchild and I also believe the Pats days of domination are over. :rolleyes:

Their starters looked great. They'd play one series and stuff the opponent's offense...Then Kelly would lead an 8-play, 76-yard TD drive in 3:07, and they'd be up 7-0 and all take their pads off. The Bills would lose 27-10. Who cares? Nobody was worried about the losses because the PLAYERS WHO WERE GOING TO PLAY looked good. That's not the case with the Patriots.

you must have been watching different games then me because thats not how I remember it

i just got back home from the giants-patriots game and the patsies got killed again.i left early in the 4th when the patsies scored their 1st td.overall the giants had their way with the patsies on both sides of the ball......that david carr pickup for the giants didnt look bad either.i thought david played well.......go bills!

i just got back home from the giants-patriots game and the patsies got killed again.i left early in the 4th when the patsies scored their 1st td.overall the giants had their way with the patsies on both sides of the ball......that david carr pickup for the giants didnt look bad either.i thought david played well.......go bills!

Hopefully for them he doesnt have to play for them

belicheck will have that def. humming by game 1. they still have ty warren, seymore, vince forklift, and vrabel. they can pressure the qb and his linebackeers (new kid from TENN) will be tight. NE = 12-4.

Barring injury to key players (Brady, possibly Moss) I don't see them having any trouble making the playoffs. I do think they will find their regular season success from last year tough to duplicate. Their defense has some serious question marks. Still, they are still the best team in this division and I don't think the Bills are going to knock them off this year.

What I saw last year vs. the Patriots was a team that didn't even think it belonged on the same field as them, then went out and proved it. I'll be pleased if the Bills at least show some heart this year. Last year's games were disgusting.

belicheck will have that def. humming by game 1. they still have ty warren, seymore, vince forklift, and vrabel. they can pressure the qb and his linebackeers (new kid from TENN) will be tight. NE = 12-4.

You are probably right. Belicheat* will figure out a new way to CHEAT with the radio system (after all that must be why he voted for it) so the Cheatriots* should be fine. (Unless Brady goes DOWN :thumbsup: )