THE OFFENSIVE LINE NEEDS A NAME??

This offensive line is going to get a lot of press during the season and the media will surely come up with a name.

We need to come up with our own before we get stuck with a terrible name like "THE FAT BOYS"

. ( Please give it some serious thought)

I have a few suggestions and I am interested in yours! Your suggestion COULD catch on and you will be famous (lol)

#1 THE HEARD

#2 THE LYNCH MOB

#3 SNOW PLOW O

Give it your best shot!

Please don't tell me WE don't need a name, where do you think the Electric Company or the HOGS came from.........?

The Buffalo Bills are going to run the ball alot in 2008 and with the size of that line, you just know a name will come soon!

- DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still seeing much of what we saw last year -great pocket protection, but too lame in run blocking. We'd need two names:

Pass blocking: 'Shields Up!"

Run blocking: Bermuda Triangle II -'cause runners just disappear in the pile..

Sure it does, wait an see there will be one by mid season

It's not that the rest of us don't think we'll need a name, it's that the rest of us don't want to feed the O Line/D Line agenda people another thread where we have to remind them that 11 people play on a side, not 4 DL or 5 OL, and that football, more so than any other sport, is a team game.

And we REALLY don't want to remind them that without a good QB and/or RB the D line and O line barely matter at all-->even with the recent object lesson in what happens to the Colts entire team when Manning isn't in there. They will still try to say that the lines are more important, because of Denver, while ignoring that Denver cheats, and has been reprimanded by the league, and that Denver plays in the AFC West(whose entire teams, not just their lines, have generally sucked for the last 10 years), which auto-generates 4-5 wins for them each year. Wait till we play the AFC West this year, we'll look like we have awesome lines regardless of our QB and RB as well. :nana:

Besides, this line doesn't have its own personality yet. We need to see how they do some things, and we need to see them in the regular season, so that the name fits.

You are right, there will be a name by mid season. I bet if you brought this thread back after the 4th game, you'd probably get better responses.

Sterling Sharpe might disagree. According to him it's 7 cylinders.

:nana: Yeah I thougth I was the only one who caught that........"This big Offensive Line is running on all seven cylinders". WTF kind of engine has 7 cylinders? I know the Audi 5000 was a five cylinder but never heard of a seven cylinder engine.