Chargers vs. Seahawks

I listened early on. No Hasselbeck. Frye threw a long TD pass to open the game. SD drove down the field in chunks via pass and run and had the ball first-and-goal inside the Seahawk's 1 yard line, Rivers went to shotgun, fumbled the snap, and Seattle took over. Brutally painful to listen to.

Been listening on and off this evening. Volek is in now in Q4 after a Seattle turnover, down by seven with six-and-a-half minutes left in the game,

But it's not like anyone registered four picks and a fumble recovery for seven or something crazy like that.

I listened early on. No Hasselbeck. Frye threw a long TD pass to open the game. SD drove down the field in chunks via pass and run and had the ball first-and-goal inside the Seahawk's 1 yard line, Rivers went to shotgun, fumbled the snap, and Seattle took over. Brutally painful to listen to.

Been listening on and off this evening. Volek is in now in Q4 after a Seattle turnover, down by seven with six-and-a-half minutes left in the game,

But it's not like anyone registered four picks and a fumble recovery for seven or something crazy like that.

From what I saw, Seattle's D looked weak. Rivers was allowed to throw a long pass that looked like it was from a college game (the WR was way too open, the DL had some, but not much, pressure). Nice 50 yard throw. That led to the first SD score, it was not a SD drive in chunks. And Seattle's D gave up 88 yards on the first 7 carries by somebody not named Tomlinson, but Sproles--in the first half, when the starters were in. Seattle looked beatable with the long ball and with a RB who can juke. (But is that the Bills?)

Sproles has looked very good while LT is not playing (in the P/S). Rivers played into Q3 - sometimes effectively

For the second game in a row - the Chargers are very soft against the run and the B/S about Shawn Merrimam is not good news for the AFC West pretenders

I think we can run on them. Their D is overrated IMO, they play well with the lead but if we can play offense in the real games like we've been in preseason, we should find ourselves in the game in the fourth quarter with a chance to win.

Burleson is scary.

Their back-up QB suffered a knee injury and Hasselbeck is suffering from a hassled-back :nana:

And Seattle's D gave up 88 yards on the first 7 carries by somebody not named Tomlinson, but Sproles--in the first half, when the starters were in. Seattle looked beatable with the long ball and with a RB who can juke. (But is that the Bills?)

I've seen every Seahawks pre season game and I agree that their D is weak. Before the Bears game on the pre game show, they were talking about the Seahawks players said they want to kick up their defense a notch. They're shooting for 5 shutouts. They want people to compare them to the '85 Bears defense! They definitely got some work to do!

Hasselback hasn't played since the first pre season game. All three of their QBs are bunged up (sound familiar?). Remains to be seen if they'll have a running game this year. Receiving corps looks weaker than usual.

I think they're definitely beatable. It should be a tough game.